Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Might not be related, but are you sure you're not missing one or more spacers between the blades?
    Stihl call them 'sliders' - some are square and others are round like chunky washers. One of my bolts came off with abuse... I replaced and put back together but was having problems with blades jamming as too tight. Turned out the slider was missing too. When you do the bolts up tight it keeps a gap between the blades (surprisingly a bigger gap than I expected)
    Thanks Chris. I've got a brand new whole blade assembly on mine after I broke a tooth off the original one.
    I know I did lose a couple of the bolts & sliders on the old blades too.

I think the power cord to a belt battery with the Stihl Kombi would be painful too. I'm always changing from right handed to left handed. I'd have myself trussed up like a xmas turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    I run both the stihl and husky , and have had similar problems with my husky hedger , I haven't broken the clips yet but feel its only a matter of time , in saying that though the dealer has been very good and everything has been replaced under warranty.
    While the husky was out of action I was using the stihl gear on everything , yes it doesn't look as good a quality as the husky but boy it cut everything and cuts heavier stuff than the husky with no problem at all, I use the husky on my finer hedges only the reason being blade speed is 4000 cuts a minute while the stihl is only 3000, that is a noticeable difference , the stihl cuts slower, and time is money. If stihl increased blade speed on the hla65 I would sell the husky, but then the husky whipper snipper is better than the stihl, and yes the stihl blower is not that powerful but boy is it handy. And then there is the husky handheld hedger which is the smoothest running hedge trimmer I have ever used.
    ed buy that power head we need some feedback I was thinking when my powerhead fails I would go the battery one the only drawback I can see is no on board battery.

How many of the battery users would go back to petrol ????????????????????
    Same here NLALM. My dealer has been excellent with warranty on my problems. Even now it's all out of warranty, they are still trying to fix things under warranty.
    But still, it's a bit disappointing that the problems are occurring.

My line trimmer has been faultless and I really like it for regular jobs.

Been using my Kombi hedge trimmer for the last 2 days & cant wait to get the battery one back.

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    I run both the stihl and husky , and have had similar problems with my husky hedger , I haven't broken the clips yet but feel its only a matter of time , in saying that though the dealer has been very good and everything has been replaced under warranty.
    While the husky was out of action I was using the stihl gear on everything , yes it doesn't look as good a quality as the husky but boy it cut everything and cuts heavier stuff than the husky with no problem at all, I use the husky on my finer hedges only the reason being blade speed is 4000 cuts a minute while the stihl is only 3000, that is a noticeable difference , the stihl cuts slower, and time is money. If stihl increased blade speed on the hla65 I would sell the husky, but then the husky whipper snipper is better than the stihl, and yes the stihl blower is not that powerful but boy is it handy. And then there is the husky handheld hedger which is the smoothest running hedge trimmer I have ever used.
    ed buy that power head we need some feedback I was thinking when my powerhead fails I would go the battery one the only drawback I can see is no on board battery.

How many of the battery users would go back to petrol ????????????????????
    Yer, for my purposes battery over 2 stroke for everything except mega chain sawing & mega blowing.

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Got one of my batteries replaced as the clips on the side were both cracking. On inspection of others at home is also cracking on one side. As the batterey has been dropped and cracked I dont think it will get replaced though.
    I was told it was only the second one they had seen in Australia!! Any of you guys have problems with this?

Anyone else having problems with these batteries?

Anyone else having problems with these batteries?
    RSM Gazza mentioned it in post #376

Husky H/O are aware of the latch problem as I detected it back in January 2019 when I couldn't get a battery out of a skin without damage. plus I noticed some batteries were getting harder to remove. So I returned the faulty battery. Dealers initially were told not open batteries so I got a new one on the spot. Upon getting home and inspecting the other 4 - 9.4amps batteries, they all had cracks developing. The next day I returned to the dealer after indentify another 4 batteries were in trouble. Husky then sent newly located latches to my dealer and opened repairs are the go now under warranty which is all good.
    The hair lined cracked battery latches are being repaired only as they break now, even out of warranty as we indentified it early at 12 months stage of my first purchases.
    Three of my batteries have been repaired on the spot as of now as it's a 5 min job as I bring them in. So I not using the repaired ones first now, as using the non repaired first to speed up repair process upon breaking.

When I first raised the issue it was first they had heard of it.
    The replacements will fail again over time with constant use, so that will be in another 12 months for me. They are working on a stronger modification in motherland.
    The 5.2 amp battery is different as I have one in the way latch exits the body of the unit and the battery is lighter and I don't see the problem will occur there.

Plus I've had my dealer support me fully all the way. When my dealer first contacted Husky the question was asked were they dropped and none of the batteries have been dropped.
    My first two 9.4amp batteries purchased were in Jan 2018 with the next two 9.4amp in late March 2018 and another 9.4amp later in the year.

If any of your batteries are starting to become hard to release from the skin, the plastic part of the latching is most likely starting to split. The steel spring plate is inside the hollow plastic latch.

Husky have been excellent in all warranty requests within any of their gear for me and its only been this problem chiefly within battery gear. Pays to have a good relationship with your dealer with expensive stuff.

Have edited and turned these photos in every direction and re loaded and their still sideway's - Doh
    Pictured the 3rd Battery getting getting new latches by the dealer.
    IMG_0029.jpgIMG_0030.jpg
    Cheers Garry

Also the new battery given was returned when the replacement latches arrived and the repair was possible which I was happy with.

NLALM. I would quit mowing if I had to go back to petrol units within the Battery Gear I have now to operate with. But still love me Buck Rogers petrol V8 Stihl Br 700
    Cheers Garry

My husky hedger is also in the shop again!!! It had bearings replaced some time back due to the rusting. Since they were fitted it took a while to get up to full speed as it seemed to run in econo mode for the first couple minutes. Only used it on about 6 smallish jobs but them pulled it out for a job of about 4 hrs. It completely bogged down under load. Tried it on a couple different hedges and when the same happened. They tend to think it is ok but I told the owner to take it home and try it out for an hour.
    How did you go with this SEM?

I got mine back from the shop. The old motor had burnt out apparently. They replaced the motor & when I tried it at home, it ran like yours for a little bit, then seemed to free up.

Used it on a job today for the first time and it seemed weak & slow on light trimming. Lubed the cutters a couple of times but still didn't improve. The cutter bar wasn't getting hot. After just one hour of use, the 9amp battery had run out. I can usually trim one full side of the job and still have 3 bars left. Today I didn't get halfway and drained a full battery.
    Back to the shop with it I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    How did you go with this SEM?

I got mine back from the shop. The old motor had burnt out apparently. They replaced the motor & when I tried it at home, it ran like yours for a little bit, then seemed to free up.

Used it on a job today for the first time and it seemed weak & slow on light trimming. Lubed the cutters a couple of times but still didn't improve. The cutter bar wasn't getting hot. After just one hour of use, the 9amp battery had run out. I can usually trim one full side of the job and still have 3 bars left. Today I didn't get halfway and drained a full battery.
    Back to the shop with it I suppose.
    Sorry Ed was doing in tough in Bali for a couple of weeks. Back home and busy catching up.

I have yet to collect it as the business owner was taking it home to try out on some larger stuff. Have not been in to collect it so will see - hopeful but not expecting it to be right.

This battery Husky gear is becoming a big let down for me. Batteries, blower, hedge trimmer. Only the whippy goes ok without problems but it is not my favorite piece of equipment.
    I will get back to you hopefully later this week

My extended hedger is back in the shop, but I think they might be onto the real cause of all my problems this time. Trigger was sending out bad signals apparently. It's had 2 new motors, new motor mounts, new conrods all under warranty & I put new cutters on. Not much else to replace now, so hope it goes properly this time.

Bought a new battery hand held hedger & telescopic pole saw too.

Wow quite a few issues with Husky gear popping up... I’ve gotta wonder if they changed anything with the newer tools... the stuff i’ve Had for 3+ years has been going pretty good compared to some of the issues here. Still surprise myself with some of the work I put the hedge trimmer through. Like this recent job, I know I should have put it down and reached for the pruning saw, but hey when you’re in a hurry...

F44C8934-F1FB-4E4D-9DA2-DF47A2FA2E51.jpg
    C6174F4B-8C00-4099-9321-5AB80987B23B.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Battery gear remains awesome and my gear gets a workout. The battery clips all replaced under warranty no hassle, even though my batteries are nudging 1.5yrs now which could be classified wear n tear now. But me/dealer noticed the cracks develop late in warranty period, replacing as they actually completely break.
    Apart from that no issues apart from a slight slow down in really thick/dense overgrown stuff on the extended hedger, but under these conditions keep it lanolined. The extended hedger is cutting stems as thick Conrad mentioned on many jobs with ease.

Hand held 60cm is running same as new, periodic sharpening, hasn't really required tightening on the blade but the extended one has needed tightening.
    The re tightening on the extended is due to far more use and the ridiculous overly thick stems we cut at reach, ie Crepe Myrtles.

Blower some times needs air gun clean with nozzle against air suction vents directing to motor and spray silicon oil into towards motor afterwards. I air gun the underside of trigger too. That stops the rise and fall effect that dust ingress does over time. Told H/O Husky road show guys that one.

Edger still running perfect and I dont use petrol ones since the battery purchase. I've one huge regular job where I use 3 X 9.4amp batteries and 4 in the real heat of summer on the edger on eco mode. This job I change the spool & head to a dedicated 2.7mm one as line usage refill is only done once and its commercial, 2.4 for all residential. Still use T/B line

Whilst monitoring MYOB Profit/Loss Statements it's very clear how much maintenance costs have dropped (significant) on equipment repairs as the battery gear has no repairs so far costing me and I've had them 1.5yrs now.
    91 usage has dropped and time going to the servo has dropped, but the offset here may only be short lived down the track if a battery failed due to repeated daily recharges.
    But alls good so far and none of my batteries are showing usage time drop say compared to corresponding last season temp's as they work harder in the 40+ everyday summers i get.

Some of this info may be partially mentioned in older posts, but it's an update.

Now to play with the new multiple skin Dewalt gear I've just got with the 6.00amp XR Flexvolt 18v/54volt batteries
    Cheers Garry

I got my extended hedger back from the shop. Haven't used it yet but it seems to run smoother & faster with the new trigger electronics or whatever they replaced.

Finally got new battery clips, but they sent the wrong ones. Pulled the battery apart & can now see where mine broke. I think I might be able to bodgy something up until the new clips come.

Used my new handheld hedger a bit while the extended was in the shop. It goes good. Just not real keen on the plastic thingy that goes halfway up the cutters. Seems to snag the trimmings at times.

Used the telescopic polesaw today & love it.

I got my extended hedger back from the shop. Haven't used it yet but it seems to run smoother & faster with the new trigger electronics or whatever they replaced.

Finally got new battery clips, but they sent the wrong ones. Pulled the battery apart & can now see where mine broke. I think I might be able to bodgy something up until the new clips come.

Used my new handheld hedger a bit while the extended was in the shop. It goes good. Just not real keen on the plastic thingy that goes halfway up the cutters. Seems to snag the trimmings at times.

I got my extended back a few weeks ago. Don't know what they did but think they loosened up the blades?? It runs better with no problems except it seems noisier and a bit "clunky"

F%$# there is some crap being spun to me!
    Eventually got my dealer onto Husky HO about my battery clips on the battery I cracked. Told them even though I dropped battery the battery with those clips is not fit for purpose.
    They were told about another shop replacing clips (thanks Gazza) but they said it needed to be done by an authorised person. They also said they would not be replacing clips in the future and would not send clips to me because of safety issue saying temps of the battery can go to ridiculous temperatures if the battery was shorted and exploded.
    They will post my battery back to HO and fix it BUT will not repair the cracked part. Sort of happy but it is such a struggle with them

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast