Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 346

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

  1. #241
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Running original guard but rear edges behind the blade cutter are now running flat across (level across) and not curved inwards from the centre out to sides as supplied by factory. Use Trailer Blazer 2.4 on residential and light commercial work. On the larger commercial with heaps of edging. Use TB 2.7. It works for me now. 2,7 on residential is creating irrigation channels with dry soil conditions of late.

    My thoughts would be 2,mm would be wearing to quick and not staying long and require too much tapping of the head to maintain length.
    Cheers Garry

  2. #242

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Running original guard but rear edges behind the blade cutter are now running flat across (level across) and not curved inwards from the centre out to sides as supplied by factory. Use Trailer Blazer 2.4 on residential and light commercial work. On the larger commercial with heaps of edging. Use TB 2.7. It works for me now. 2,7 on residential is creating irrigation channels with dry soil conditions of late.

    My thoughts would be 2,mm would be wearing to quick and not staying long and require too much tapping of the head to maintain length.
    So original guard gives you about 100mm or so both sides??
    http://www.southeastmowing.com.au
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  3. #243
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    What ever length the original guard allows the cord length is what I have. Never measured it. Just that my guard has been reformed to be level across to improve safety re objects being flicked. To the guys that know about it, it’s working great and not being damaged with the expoxy used now.

    I love operating with battery gear to the max now. Have not used my petrol whippers or petrol extended hedger since obtaining the battery gear. Getting a husky battery hand held hedger soon too. Plus I’m doing large amounts of hedging at the moment along with some serious hedging next week over three days. Hence the need for a third 9.4 amp battery. Plus I have a 5.2 amp.
    Cheers Garry

  4. #244
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Still cant get my eyes of that Triumph Motor Bike Picture.
    But did some serious petrol chain & pole sawing work today (Wednesday) along with the battery extended reach hedging/shaping. Part One done today, Part two of this job is maybe Wednesday next week. Wednesday is when this Medical Centre is Closed.
    But reason for post is how good my new friend the Husky battery extended hedger was today, wish I had a battery Pole Saw too, but absolutely nothing wrong with my petrol one for the amount times used.

    The battery extended hedger, no set up time, straight into the job and whilst it makes a different cutting action noise. Let me say it cut through some heavy stuff today that would have the petrol one I have working overtime.
    Seriously, for the guys reading this and thinking is it worth the investment the answer is a solid YES IMO. It's paid for it's self in the first week I got it. Yes I did pickup the 3rd 9.4amp battery today as I will extended my battery skin fleet as I think battery equipment is up to it and I want or need it. I know there are new product coming this year too and also in R/D.
    PLUS No Real Noise or Vibration.
    I'm not pushing Husky, just battery products as some of it is very useful, meet a long time Jimbo today using Makita battery gear - works fine for him.
    Cheers Garry

  5. #245

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Still cant get my eyes of that Triumph Motor Bike Picture.
    But did some serious petrol chain & pole sawing work today (Wednesday) along with the battery extended reach hedging/shaping. Part One done today, Part two of this job is maybe Wednesday next week. Wednesday is when this Medical Centre is Closed.
    But reason for post is how good my new friend the Husky battery extended hedger was today, wish I had a battery Pole Saw too, but absolutely nothing wrong with my petrol one for the amount times used.

    The battery extended hedger, no set up time, straight into the job and whilst it makes a different cutting action noise. Let me say it cut through some heavy stuff today that would have the petrol one I have working overtime.
    Seriously, for the guys reading this and thinking is it worth the investment the answer is a solid YES IMO. It's paid for it's self in the first week I got it. Yes I did pickup the 3rd 9.4amp battery today as I will extended my battery skin fleet as I think battery equipment is up to it and I want or need it. I know there are new product coming this year too.
    PLUS No Real Noise or Vibration.
    I'm not pushing Husky, just battery products as some of it is very useful, meet a long time Jimbo today using Makita battery gear - works fine for him.
    I'm the same. The hedger is fantastic. The whippy I am slowly getting used to. It may grow on me over time. The blower I use on smaller jobs and schools when noise could be a concern. All up they are being used because of hand problems and cutting down on vibration and some are better than others. I will end up getting more but can't justify an extended chainsaw for the use it would get. I will end up getting more as needed and as schools and commercial business/offices we work at realise we have it.
    I have already been told it is a noticeable difference at 1 particular office we work at.
    I have also got a 3rd battery. Will get more as the equipment range expands.

    Whats the new product??
    http://www.southeastmowing.com.au
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  6. #246
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    I'm the same. . All up they are being used because of hand problems and cutting down on vibration and some are better than others. I will end up getting more but can't justify an extended chainsaw for the use it would get.
    I have also got a 3rd battery. Will get more as the equipment range expands.

    Whats the new product??
    I was on the fence with this battery stuff reading Nlalm's posts and not posting until first week of January. When I developed the non stop ring noise in right ear due to the whipper motor next to that ear for 8 yrs. I acted immediately to reduce noise and got new better ear protection items and launched into the battery gear.
    But the whipper held up for vertical edging was the main problem. For the first time it stopped ringing last night when I went to bed, the ringing has returned non stop but I feel I'm helping it - not worsening it. I really don't care for what the battery stuff costs initially, if Honda had a battery SP 216 I would get two in a blink.

    New battery range products,
    New belt to hold extra batteries whilst on the go and a link power cord if one wanted it, Stihl have it
    " " hand held shears, (I cant see a use for shears for me - not into topiary)
    Pretty sure new blower,
    New Multi tool range.
    Could be another item, but I wasn't totally listening as I had tuned out by then.

    Battery Care,
    Due to long continuous summer heat in my location I have my spare batteries in a cooler with an ice pack within the dual cab. The ice pack is within a couple of snap lock bags and tea towel wrapped over it to ensure no moisture escapes. After this weekends 36 & 37deg with temps dropping just to under 30 there after, this practice will not be needed till next November.
    My dealer did ask how I was caring for them in our heat whilst on the road.

    The habit I've got into is to get the batteries all recharged at home whilst the sun is still out due to having 5kw solar panels with the rapid charger drawing 250w, As in our house clothesdryer, washing machine, dishwashers don't get used when the sun drops unless its really needed.
    Cheers Garry

  7. #247
    Senior Member NLALM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    I did a hell of a lot of hedging yesterday , I thought this battery must be getting low , and when I looked it had only dropped one bar.

    The only people I find who bag battery gear are the ones who haven't tried it

  8. #248
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Just bought today the Husky commercial battery hand held hedger 536LIHD60X - 60cm cutting blade with tip protector.
    Kinda didn't need it as I have the petrol model, but battery impresses me so much more than petrol.

    Paid $485 and the protector tip was thrown in free. I can't understand why the cheap domestic model has the end protector and the more expensive commercial model doesn't and they want $20+ for it.
    Cheers Garry

  9. #249
    Senior Member NLALM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Mate what happened to the one with the smaller handle you were getting? I wish no I need the hand held badly when using the long reach and then picking up the stihl handheld you really notice the slower blade speed . Its good to have the stihl hla85 for those bits you cant reach with the shorter unit

  10. #250
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Long drawn out story, Husky H/O not interested in getting it, too much hassle for them. They didn't even know the 55cm length was sold in USA and on the website. When your chasing sales and you stock the 45cm instead and/or not both.
    I tried to get it from several places in Trumpland but they would not post. My dealer has two mates in the US and was trying for me. But odds were poor re getting it and at what price. Plus the domestic model has the battery hole with battery contacts facing upwards. So lots of potential dust and crap to enter the slide in power contacts when no battery in place.

    So thought stuff it, RRP is $599. I got it for $485 with free tip as mentioned, its runs very very fast in the cutting action in both modes, is commercial grade etc, etc. I will modify the upright trailer tools box to accommodate it properly for easier in and out accessibility over Easter. It fits in lockable now but a jiggle to get in/out so need to work on that, being a Tech Skool bloke that will be easy. Also will makes allowance for a battery blower space wise when I modify as I loan one to test fitment as they will be both on the same shelf. Won't buy blower until they improve it.

    There is no point giving feedback to H/O IMO now, ie clockwise rotation on whipper or guard or angle of head or passing note that hedger two long to fit across dual cab and Stihl fits, just your local dealer might care. Just buy the gear and share feedback with mates = happier times.

    The beast I got today with end tip.
    I can "Thank You" for the my reduced bank account as I was watching your many posts with interest before Christmas. I mean that in a nice way too.
    It is quite heavy with the 9.4amp Battery, for random short use the smaller 5.2amp makes it so much lighter. So glad I have a 5.2 in my kit.


    Hedger.jpg
    Cheers Garry

  11. #251
    Senior Member NLALM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Thats lawn porn ...........

  12. #252
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Correct it sure is,
    I got my biggest business client's two homes to do next week over 3 days. The farm has about 100 mtrs box hedge varieties, of waist height and 12mtr ladder height.
    The other house is huge and has 50 mtr at the back small ladder height and 30-5 odd mtrs to front. These are high end homes.

    Plus day 2 at the medical centre mid week to finish with Pole saw and hedging.

    So the extended and hand held battery hedgers are going to get a solid work out and me too. Glad temps are dropping next week.
    Cheers Garry

  13. #253

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Long drawn out story, Husky H/O not interested in getting it, too much hassle for them. They didn't even know the 55cm length was sold in USA and on the website. When your chasing sales and you stock the 45cm instead and/or not both.
    I tried to get it from several places in Trumpland but they would not post. My dealer has two mates in the US and was trying for me. But odds were poor re getting it and at what price. Plus the domestic model has the battery hole with battery contacts facing upwards. So lots of potential dust and crap to enter the slide in power contacts when no battery in place.

    So thought stuff it, RRP is $599. I got it for $485 with free tip as mentioned, its runs very very fast in the cutting action in both modes, is commercial grade etc, etc. I will modify the upright trailer tools box to accommodate it properly for easier in and out accessibility over Easter. It fits in lockable now but a jiggle to get in/out so need to work on that, being a Tech Skool bloke that will be easy. Also will makes allowance for a battery blower space wise when I modify as I loan one to test fitment as they will be both on the same shelf. Won't buy blower until they improve it.

    There is no point giving feedback to H/O IMO now, ie clockwise rotation on whipper or guard or angle of head or passing note that hedger two long to fit across dual cab and Stihl fits, just your local dealer might care. Just buy the gear and share feedback with mates = happier times.

    The beast I got today with end tip.
    I can "Thank You" for the my reduced bank account as I was watching your many posts with interest before Christmas. I mean that in a nice way too.
    It is quite heavy with the 9.4amp Battery, for random short use the smaller 5.2amp makes it so much lighter. So glad I have a 5.2 in my kit.


    Hedger.jpg
    Hi Gaz,

    Give some feedback when you can as I will end up buying more battery equipment for my personal use. It is much better for my hands with much less vibration, better for my ears even though I have used plugs & muffs, and allows me to use it at schools/ business without causing too much noise
    I have 6 chainsaws, 2 hand + 3 extended h/trimmers but will use them for the rougher stuff and Joe & Adam (employees).

    I use the battery blower and it has a bit of power on full use and getting quite used to it. Added an additional end nozzle for some length and taper and with 3 batteries find I get through without any problems using it & whippy with occasional hedging. Will add more batteries as I go
    http://www.southeastmowing.com.au
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  14. #254
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    Will give some feedback, as mentioned, its gona get an oversized workout next week and some more tomorrow on a doubled sized allotment that I do full garden maintenance fortnightly.
    The gardens on the large farm are lined in every direction with waist height hedges amongst slate stairs cases, against rock walls, slate paving, fountains with old British lanterns. Have prepared it for weddings in the past. Just trying to set the scene of usage.

    I'm glad the dealer had it in stock today, as it will be fun to use it on this visit as its all been regular work for 8 yrs doing it the petrol way. Used battery extended hedger last visit = magic. Still use petrol for Ride-on, Honda 216 and Back pack Blower there.

    The other battery advantage is,
    No stress putting the battery gear down on lawns on high end houses, no petrol/oil to put UFO spots on lawns. No worry about the petrol cap being tight or thinking its tight and it's crossed threaded and leaking fuel on lawns. I've had it happen to me with petrol gear. The house I'm doing with 50mtr rear and 30 mtr front I taken a small 5ltr jerry can with me for refills in the past. Used to take an old towels to sit the can on and sit the petrol gear on when putting down, As you just can't leave fuel/2 stroke stains on high end pavements etc.
    Well that problem is not there with the battery gear and no hot exhaust on plants as you navigate difficult corners in the hedges. It a winner all round no matter what brand used as long it fairly good equipment and fit for purpose.
    Cheers Garry

  15. #255
    Senior Member NLALM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

    IMG_2007.jpg


    These low ones are hard on the back even with battery power

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •