Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

I think the hedge trimmer could do with a tip protector might see if you can get one , also I reckon the smaller battery would be good as gaz has said, also might find out the price of the guard that ed is using

Really getting into the groove using the whippy, I find for my high end clients that you can be very precise with it and get some really good edges. I still use my petrol machine on a lot of jobs though It wouldn't take much more power to fully replace the 2 stroke. Battery power is just so much nicer to use

One thing I would change is how it turns off after so many seconds and you have to turn it on again , not really a problem but contractors don't need it

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Really getting into the groove using the whippy, I find for my high end clients that you can be very precise with it and get some really good edges. I still use my petrol machine on a lot of jobs though It wouldn't take much more power to fully replace the 2 stroke. Battery power is just so much nicer to use

One thing I would change is how it turns off after so many seconds and you have to turn it on again , not really a problem but contractors don't need it
    I am finding it harder to do straight edges. Still getting used to the angle of the head

Mate what I have found, because of the angle you need to stand more square on if you know what I mean. This seems to work for me but everyone is different in how the stand and hold the machines.

Got my old line trimmer and blower back from the shop today, all fixed up good to go! Turned out the trigger was worn on both of them, hence the “hunting” unable to hold constant power or reach full power. Fixed by the mechanic adding a small screw to the end of the electronic switch/sensor so it can be further adjusted as it wears. I really hope Husqvarna will make their own fix for this, because I think we all expect a lot more from commercial graded gear.

Thought I would do a comparo with the new trimmer with larger guard against the old trimmer with standard guard. Not sure which way the loop handle is supposed to go, but one of them is backwards. Haha. Bigger 9Ah battery in the new trimmer (big thanks to Ed for the big battery hookup!) Wow the big batt really sticks out... anyway will see how it handles the rest of this week.

Also got the usage data printed out, interesting to see the total motor running time! That trimmer has done some fair work i’d say!73B3EDD4-6B38-4188-A369-EF717A2C13BF.jpg11C0E546-3C38-4825-B21B-536ED646DA25.jpg98762D94-28C2-4E5A-9B17-D2CD6F233813.jpgE0D6E45D-43B1-41BC-B61C-A86FA875C28D.jpg

Also note thebtime running at part throttle - ever since the start I have made a conscious effort to only use as much lower as needed for the job at hand, it makes a massive difference to the run time you get out of a battery!

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Got my old line trimmer and blower back from the shop today, all fixed up good to go! Turned out the trigger was worn on both of them, hence the “hunting” unable to hold constant power or reach full power. Fixed by the mechanic adding a small screw to the end of the electronic switch/sensor so it can be further adjusted as it wears. I really hope Husqvarna will make their own fix for this, because I think we all expect a lot more from commercial graded gear.

Thought I would do a comparo with the new trimmer with larger guard against the old trimmer with standard guard. Not sure which way the loop handle is supposed to go, but one of them is backwards. Haha. Bigger 9Ah battery in the new trimmer (big thanks to Ed for the big battery hookup!) Wow the big batt really sticks out... anyway will see how it handles the rest of this week.

Also got the usage data printed out, interesting to see the total motor running time! That trimmer has done some fair work i’d say!73B3EDD4-6B38-4188-A369-EF717A2C13BF.jpg11C0E546-3C38-4825-B21B-536ED646DA25.jpg98762D94-28C2-4E5A-9B17-D2CD6F233813.jpgE0D6E45D-43B1-41BC-B61C-A86FA875C28D.jpg

Also note thebtime running at part throttle - ever since the start I have made a conscious effort to only use as much lower as needed for the job at hand, it makes a massive difference to the run time you get out of a battery!
    They are still pretending!!
    12 month warranty? Check their other equipment warranties for commercial.
    It is good battery gear but definitely not commercial yet - my opinion only!!!

They have changed the warranty some time after the gear was released in Australia. It had a 2 year commercial warranty back then, that is one of the main reasons I jumped on it straight away! Still, i’ve had it longer than 2 years now and they have been my main tools, been through the wringer and come out pretty damn well.

But yes I agree - the current warranty is disappointing, they really can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Batteries don't bounce!! Not from 2 ft onto concrete
    Think I need to buy some more JB Weld unless there is anything better??
    Just catching up on the thread - you cracked the casing?? Can you post a pic? The big 9Ah will definitely bounce less than the 4Ah! Mine has been dropped a few times and so far it's ok. Was hoping to get the data log from the battery as well, but next time.

Also I'm going to put the larger guard on my old trimmer as well - where is the best place to buy them cheap? I think the one I'm using is from a 525. I will check eBay etc. later... they are $31 at the dealer but I'm not in the habit of spending my beer money on things other than beer. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    They are still pretending!!
    12 month warranty? Check their other equipment warranties for commercial.
    It is good battery gear but definitely not commercial yet - my opinion only!!!
    Was a bit harsh saying they are still pretending. They are good machines BUT still need some small improvements. Probably more p****d with the dealer who has given zero support

Don't know if they will listen to us down under though but I am sure as other companies come up with the goods they will be forced to change and keep up

With so much talk re battery gear i'd thought you guys might be interested in seeing some youtube vid with a lawn care in USA
    This channel i follow he usually has a vid up every day but he's about to try out some husky batt gear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrK2jbeN6ks

Good vid beetle. Pity Aussie dealers don't hook some contractors up with some free gear to try.

I ordered a tip protector for the hedger and a new guard for the whippy today

Good vid beetle. Pity Aussie dealers don't hook some contractors up with some free gear to try.

I ordered a tip protector for the hedger and a new guard for the whippy today
    some dealers here are hopeless

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfe5ONwD...monkey_genadek

Just thought I would put this here , seems Makita have upped their game

makita have always been the pick IMHO amongst the cordless tool brands, just need them to bring out some commercial quality OPE

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfe5ONwD...monkey_genadek

Just thought I would put this here , seems Makita have upped their game
    Funny that, Makita rated at 473cfm, Ego gen 1 h/held 480 cfm Ego Gen 2 h/held 500cfm, Ego Gen3 h/held 530cfm, Ego backpack 600cfm .

Cheers Fred.

Edit, gen 2=530, gen 3=575

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast