Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Have you worked out the fuel consumption of the new Hustler SEM? I'm getting 7-10L/hr with the Ferris. I'd love to upgrade to an EFI
    Not yet, been waiting for it too loosen up a little.
    Just put 50 hrs on it and 1st service due. Will work it out over the next month.

Was tempted with the Briggs EFI BUT they don't bring all combinations into Australia.
    Only had it in a 60 inch and I really wanted 66 - primarily for the schools and a couple other large jobs.

Really nice machine until I need to fuel up!!

Just thinking about it, I probably get a half days mowing out of it.(36 ltrs I think)
    But we had some heavy mowing last month

edbeek heck yes! Please stay in touch and let me know before you head up this way - would be awesome if you could pick up one (maybe two) of those batteries for me!! Much appreciated!
    And thanks SEM for the offer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Tried the battery blower. May try it with a smaller battery for balance! Feels ok to me. Added a few inches on the nozzle from my back pack blower pipe.
    Will chew through the battery but will only be needed for convenience jobs.

Have a 300w inverter in the car. Getting a new trailer made right this minute so may set up a small battery/inverter box.

What do I need to know with charging Husky L/ion batteries via an inverter??

For those of you charging them at homes and business just make sure the charger is tested & tagged. Just another hoop to jump through.

Tried the whippy on my back grass. Will take a little getting used to but will be good for the hands with little vibration. Have got a few old handles I may try on it.
    I use mainly 2.4 and sometimes 2.0mm trailblazer for my maintenance jobs. Have also 2.7 trailblazer & 3.3 diamond edge but doubt that will fit - save it for the backpack whippy.
    John, can u tell us a little more about tested & tagged ?
    Is it a 1 off or need doing annually ?
    What sort of cost ?

Cheers Fred.

Fred,

test & tag is annually and cost usually is around $5-$10 per tag

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    Fred,

test & tag is annually and cost usually is around $5-$10 per tag
    Technically you don't need to test and tag under OH&S law.
    But you do need to provide a safe work environment and if something happens with electrical you will need to prove how you audited your electrical safety.
    Bigger Business will often ask to have everything tagged .
    Not viable for someone to do one or two items do they may charge a call out or minimum.
    RAtes probably $5+ but for a few maybe $70 call out.
    Depending on item probably 6-12 monthly for what you use it for. Will need to check tho

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    John, can u tell us a little more about tested & tagged ?
    Is it a 1 off or need doing annually ?
    What sort of cost ?

Cheers Fred.
    Freddy, clear out your messgaes

Took whippy out today - just charged battery, threw it in and off I went.
    Need to do a few things to get it right. The straight edges were not so straight today.

It feels like it will handle the workload BUT - gotta start it in counterclockwise!!! How??
    Gotta change the guard and run longer cord!! What are you guys doing??
    Gotta wind cord on the right way so I can bump when I want without changing!! Any tricks to this??
    Gotta get a new handle!! Have some lying about and will try
    Some questions about battery gear.
    1. Will I look like a d*** using my radio earmuffs while using battery gear - mainly on bigger jobs?
    2. Is Husqvarna gear good enough to persist with or is there other makes close to having some good allround gear? That is due to the dealer (sales guy) taking my 2 grand and not returning my 2 calls. The owner emailed me saying he got the email BUT NO CALL. I called and left message with the lady who took my details BUT NO CALL.
    And I did say I wanted to buy a few other parts as well as get him to show me how to fit a speed feed head

What I do realise is that it does not matter how good the gear is sometimes if you cannot get good local backup.

Anyone interested in the package I bought? The prices are posted there so make an offer

Some questions about battery gear.
    1. Will I look like a d*** using my radio earmuffs while using battery gear - mainly on bigger jobs?
    2. Is Husqvarna gear good enough to persist with or is there other makes close to having some good allround gear? That is due to the dealer (sales guy) taking my 2 grand and not returning my 2 calls. The owner emailed me saying he got the email BUT NO CALL. I called and left message with the lady who took my details BUT NO CALL.
    And I did say I wanted to buy a few other parts as well as get him to show me how to fit a speed feed head

What I do realise is that it does not matter how good the gear is sometimes if you cannot get good local backup.

Anyone interested in the package I bought? The prices are posted there so make an offer
    what happen mate? Didnt like the gears or the seller?

a, Yes you will look like a D#head wearing the Radio Ear Muffs, but only if one leaves the yagi antenna attached for melb's outer metro reception.
    b, Even if the yagi is removed, Jimbo's may still laugh. But that will stop when Mr Penman directs them to be Eco friendly at a future Conference at Mooroolbark.

a, You need find another dealer who also paints there building painted navy blue and bright orange for free having the same passion to succeed as Elon Musk. A dealer who wants to propel his business like a rocket to success.
    b, post it to QLD

Seriously my dealer services my gears on the spot if he can or if its a bigger task then the next day. I've sat in his staffroom over coffee whilst a throttle cable gets fitted. Get freely invited into the workshop to discuss a repair or whatever.
    I've turned up at 5.15pm on a Friday to get some cord etc and been offered a stubbie being close to close on several occasions. Even been invited which I attended to a full private Friday night party at the dealership with finger food and endless supply of beer when there previous owner retired whom I work for on the occasion still. Plus get good prices. Must be the Country atmosphere
    Cheers Garry

I think it depends on the individual dealer Gaz

I left that brand due to the lack of service in my area and found someone that does look after me

Pity cos i really liked the brand and the gear

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    what happen mate? Didnt like the gears or the seller?
    Dealer!
    Think he returned 2 calls when I was wanting to buy.
    2 requests since and no return calls.
    May go speak to the owner.

The reason why I spent big bucks on the new Hustler with some other gear was the dealer and staff always give the appropriate service ,return calls etc

Will spend the bucks if I know I am not just another number.

Asked the question because with limited trials I know I will probably buy much more over next couple of years. Don't want to keep flogging a dead horse!!

Dealer!
    Think he returned 2 calls when I was wanting to buy.
    2 requests since and no return calls.
    May go speak to the owner.

The reason why I spent big bucks on the new Hustler with some other gear was the dealer and staff always give the appropriate service ,return calls etc

Will spend the bucks if I know I am not just another number.

Asked the question because with limited trials I know I will probably buy much more over next couple of years. Don't want to keep flogging a dead horse!!
    yes, I agreed with you. When they start to treat like sh**, time to find other alternatives
    when they want to sell something, respond like a lightning. But when you get the problem, they disappear.. this will show how good they're after sales.

South east, mate don't sell it you need to give it a decent trial. The only thing that seems to need tweaking is the whipper. When I got home today I put the guard off the 525 on it and that made a big difference , if anything the cord is a tad to long but better than too short where you are continually bumping the head. Also I see scott from footprint has modified a speed feed to fit, I will have a look at this on the weekend , I think you may have to drill the hole out a bit not sure yet. I think with these upgrades this whippy will be a real goer.

Bad dealer support really sucks let him know how you feel, but do hang onto the gear.

Very Helpful Member

John they are absolutely crap and you'll look like a fool using it, as I'm such a nice guy I will take it all off your hands for $300
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

[QUOTE=South East Mowing;154321]Freddy, clear out your messgaes[/QUOTE

Ooops! good to go.

Cheers Fred.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast