Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Some questions about battery gear.
    1. Will I look like a d*** using my radio earmuffs while using battery gear - mainly on bigger jobs?
    2. Is Husqvarna gear good enough to persist with or is there other makes close to having some good allround gear? That is due to the dealer (sales guy) taking my 2 grand and not returning my 2 calls. The owner emailed me saying he got the email BUT NO CALL. I called and left message with the lady who took my details BUT NO CALL.
    And I did say I wanted to buy a few other parts as well as get him to show me how to fit a speed feed head

What I do realise is that it does not matter how good the gear is sometimes if you cannot get good local backup.

Anyone interested in the package I bought? The prices are posted there so make an offer
    John, usually the time to ask Q's is b4 acquisition ?
    1. If you're gunna worry about stuff like that, you might as well stay at home & crochet !
    My radio is on the blink in the truck so, sometimes I wear them in there .........
    2.I know Im gunna cop heaps for this but, again, I went to the husky demo day & found their gear good quality but, underpowered.

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    John, usually the time to ask Q's is b4 acquisition ?
    1. If you're gunna worry about stuff like that, you might as well stay at home & crochet !
    My radio is on the blink in the truck so, sometimes I wear them in there .........
    2.I know Im gunna cop heaps for this but, again, I went to the husky demo day & found their gear good quality but, underpowered.

Cheers Fred.
    Are you giving lessons or have you started with Ian Get some pics up please
    Freddy boy, I asked the questions before and while having a play around with the gear.
    The point is if they cannot return my call after making 2 requests - (yes I know they are busy also) but can return my call when I am thinking of buying it then what can I look forward to when I need them. I did also want a couple of other items!

I should have realised when I was thinking of buying a Husky ZTR. The same type of thing happened but I put it down to one guy being off sick for a while.

MY MONEY is too hard earned to be putting it into someone else pocket who wont probably give me the service I need when I need it.
    If I am spending $2000+ now I will be spending much more than that in the next year or 2. It will either be Husky, Stihl, Ego etc but service is critical. Would prefer to start fresh rather than go through it all again changing equipment when I have got used to it.

I spent another 25G on a Hustler with other gear because ALL the people at the dealership give me appropriate service. Yes they get as busy as others do but they do their best to make contact and schedule repairs appropriately. Many compromises but ALWAYS kept in the loop>

The more I think about it the more likely I will put it on Ebay or such and wait until other gear is suitable. It will have to come from a dealership that values me as a contractor.

Husky have two hand held battery hedgers in Au, The commercial 60cm one being well built, big, heavy and not so easy to use on lighter stuff and won't fit in my trailer upright side tool box due to an enormously wide handle.
    The home model fits in my trailer just like the petrol model does width wise , but the cutting bar is too short at 45cm. Happy to have a home model hand held as the hand held will not get over used as much having an extended battery hedger also. More likely to get used for instantaneously quick light jobs at waist height, etc or when you just want to do a little extra for a good customer.

Well on the USA site they have 3 hand helds and a home battery model 115iHD55 with what appears a sturdier cutting blade and 55cm. The battery/hand end appears the same as the Aust Home model. The max Battery insertable into both hand helds is the 5.2amp as the battery drops in. But that gives just over 2hrs continuous use.
    Well was in my Husky shop today, the owner rang Sydney HO National Sales Mgr right in front of me. He didn't know that model was produced and sold in USA. They are getting back to me, as I said I will buy one if Aust can stock it.
    Said if wanted a 45cm cutting blade I would be going to Bunnings, so they should stock the 55cm if their going to be more serious in getting their battery gear out there.
    Posting because at 41 deg today I finished at midday, beer time this arvo and a swim in the pool.

Edit, The start up in clockwise can't be reprogrammed. but I'm getting used to button changing it.
    Something to do with the way they use blades mainly in Europe and it's set for them.
    Cheers Garry

Re the Husky trimmer, the guard is ok protection wise at the rear of the cord cutter in depth, but tapers away to both ends and exposes the spinning whipper cord to flick debris = Stupid design.
    In the USA they have a Barrier Kit Accessory listed on their website for the whipper we are using that has blades+ extra guard and if the photo is correct the guard doesn't taper down from the middle and appears to remains full depth across the protecting angled edge across the full width.
    My local dealer sees it in the same view and checked Au parts diagrams on their secure instore PC and it doesn't appear for Au even for the dual handle model whipper in AU. He will advise outcomes when contact is made with H/O.
    Husky should be doing this research not us.
    Conrad how's the eye going?
    Cheers Garry

Thanks NLALM I was too slack to paste link. Spending too much time posting as it is.
    But I would like to speak to Husky Sydney and tell them my thoughts on the crappy guard supplied and the OHS concerns.
    Cheers Garry

Some questions about battery gear.
    1. Will I look like a d*** using my radio earmuffs while using battery gear - mainly on bigger jobs?
    2. Is Husqvarna gear good enough to persist with or is there other makes close to having some good allround gear? That is due to the dealer (sales guy) taking my 2 grand and not returning my 2 calls. The owner emailed me saying he got the email BUT NO CALL. I called and left message with the lady who took my details BUT NO CALL.
    And I did say I wanted to buy a few other parts as well as get him to show me how to fit a speed feed head

What I do realise is that it does not matter how good the gear is sometimes if you cannot get good local backup.

Anyone interested in the package I bought? The prices are posted there so make an offer
    1. Serious thought - I have been thinking lately that sometimes I should be wearing hearing protection even while using this battery gear... sometimes it can be a bit noisy still. At least louder than talking, which is probably not a good thing to be exposed to for long periods. But I've done ok so far, probably just need to service the hedger as it was a bit rattly yesterday.
    2. From my perspective of having used electric gear from the get go when I started 4 years ago - definitely good enough! The best gear I've owned! Interesting to see the comments from you guys who are used to petrol gear - things like the trimmer guard and the default clockwise rotation never bugged me before. The rotation - I figure I have to press the power anyway, so I just press all the buttons and it takes a few seconds. The guard I used the standard guard for ~2.5 years and never thought to change it... but now I have it's like a completely new trimmer!! Loving the longer line and not getting things flicked into my face! Haha. Maybe I should contact head office and tell them about my eye, mentions of WHS and unsafe/inappropriate protection should raise some eyebrows over there.

The eye is still not better Gazza - has been going on about 4 weeks now. Don't know exactly what I hit but there was a spray of something (not just a bit of dirt or couple of small stones) got right under my glasses. Saw the optometrist and he said there definitely was some damage, on the edge of the iris thankfully so it hasn't affected my vision at all but it's just been red and itchy. Turns out there was some kind of allergic reaction as well so I have raised bumps inside the eyelid which is just irritating the eyeball as well, due for another checkup on Sunday and on lubricating eye drops, antihistamine and antibiotic drops until then. What a pain in the butt it's been... first eye dramas I've ever had like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Seriously my dealer services my gears on the spot if he can or if its a bigger task then the next day. I've sat in his staffroom over coffee whilst a throttle cable gets fitted. Get freely invited into the workshop to discuss a repair or whatever.
    I've turned up at 5.15pm on a Friday to get some cord etc and been offered a stubbie being close to close on several occasions. Even been invited which I attended to a full private Friday night party at the dealership with finger food and endless supply of beer when there previous owner retired whom I work for on the occasion still. Plus get good prices. Must be the Country atmosphere
    Wow! Must be country atmosphere... My dealer could improve as well, you'd think they'd remember me as I must have been one of the first to buy up all the Husky battery gear as soon as it was released October 2015. Asked them to let me know as soon as there was any official news on the pole hedger, nothing - first I heard about it was on the forum here! Geez guys! But they are only a small shop and probably need more staff - only 1 mechanic and there was an 11 day lead time when I dropped off the trimmer and blower for service.

NLALM - How did you come across the Zeromow website??! Just had a quick look - they have a Mean Green ride-on in Aus!!! That would have cost a small fortune... will be in touch with those guys for sure!

Asked my dealer about the "blade kit" as well and he said there is no kit, it's just the blade the is fitted... doubt the blade would fit with the standard guard tho, so who knows what's going on there.

Mate I just found a while ago and couldn't remember the name , but then found it again ,

You have the mean green small mower don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Husky have two hand held battery hedgers in Au, The commercial 60cm one being well built, big, heavy and not so easy to use on lighter stuff and won't fit in my trailer upright side tool box due to an enormously wide handle.
    The home model fits in my trailer just like the petrol model does width wise , but the cutting bar is too short at 45cm. Happy to have a home model hand held as the hand held will not get over used as much having an extended battery hedger also. More likely to get used for instantaneously quick light jobs at waist height, etc or when you just want to do a little extra for a good customer.

Well on the USA site they have 3 hand helds and a home battery model 115iHD55 with what appears a sturdier cutting blade and 55cm. The battery/hand end appears the same as the Aust Home model. The max Battery insertable into both hand helds is the 5.2amp as the battery drops in. But that gives just over 2hrs continuous use.
    Well was in my Husky shop today, the owner rang Sydney HO National Sales Mgr right in front of me. He didn't know that model was produced and sold in USA. They are getting back to me, as I said I will buy one if Aust can stock it.
    Said if wanted a 45cm cutting blade I would be going to Bunnings, so they should stock the 55cm if their going to be more serious in getting their battery gear out there.
    Posting because at 41 deg today I finished at midday, beer time this arvo and a swim in the pool.

Edit, The start up in clockwise can't be reprogrammed. but I'm getting used to button changing it.
    Something to do with the way they use blades mainly in Europe and it's set for them.
    Ok guys, what guards are people using that seem to be doing the job??

Ok guys, what guards are people using that seem to be doing the job??
    I put this one on last night and it went well today.

IMG_20180209_185853rs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I put this one on last night and it went well today.

IMG_20180209_185853rs.jpg
    And this one is?? Off what machine?

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Have you worked out the fuel consumption of the new Hustler SEM? I'm getting 7-10L/hr with the Ferris. I'd love to upgrade to an EFI
    Last 2 fills have been about 8L/hr. That's general mowing - mix of light and heavier with also a little clean up/ blowing of kerbs etc

And this one is?? Off what machine?
    It's off a 3 or 5 series petrol trimmer. It's made for c/clockwise. The other one I posted a few pages back is too bulky/cumbersome for me.
    It gives you about 35mm longer cord each side than the original. Mine ran with 2.4mm cord no problems on light regular trims in ECO mode. It gives better visibility as well when vertical trimming edges.

I put the guard off a 525lst on it screws straight on , I think its better than the one it came with , the only thing I think is the line stays a little too long , but I would rather it longer than shorter as it wears down soon enough. I will give it a good run next week and make my mind up . but a guard in-between these two would be perfect.

I had a gander at changing the head to a speed feed and I don't know if I can do it, there has to be some way

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast