Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

NLALM, I gave mine a fair run today with the new guard. It was going great, but after 35 minutes of constant full on ECO mode it shut off on me. It must have been the safety shut off for the motor getting hot as the battery was not hot at all.
    I left it and did other jobs for 10 minutes and it was ok again. Maybe the extra line length is just a bit too much for it? Might see if I can pack out the line cutter so it cuts the cord about ½" shorter.
    I wouldn't usually do 35 mins non stop trimming so it might not be an issue, unless it wears the motor out prematurely?

I tried all of the arbors that come with the speed feed, but none of them suited. Found an old head last night and it's arbor looks like it may do the job, but don't know if it will fit into the speed feed.

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Mate I just found a while ago and couldn't remember the name , but then found it again ,

You have the mean green small mower don't you?
    Good stuff, sent them off a message yesterday so I'll see if they can organise a demo for me up here in Bris. I know they only say they service the Sydney area tho...
    I tell you what they must be dedicated to the cause! Because knowing how much it cost to import the Mean Green MGP-20 push mower I can only imagine the total cost of the ZTR!! (The push mower is still going strong after 4+ years. I had issues with it in December but it seems like it was a faulty relay. 2nd relay I've had to replace so far but at least it's an easy fix and they sent spares with the machine when I bought it.)

edbeek - the safety shut off/error seems really strange to me... my biggest job is 2-3 hours of straight trimming/edging and I have never had any errors. I would take it back to the shop and ask them to check it over, they will be able to see exactly what errors were logged.

I'll do that Conrad. Will be interesting to hear if you or others have the same experience with the guard that cuts the line 40mm longer than the original.

Funny thing with the noise/power illusion. You are trimming along and it seems ho-hum, then you bump the line out and the extra noise from the line swishing & the extra line hitting more grass makes you think you've hit a Turbo button.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I'll do that Conrad. Will be interesting to hear if you or others have the same experience with the guard that cuts the line 40mm longer than the original.

Funny thing with the noise/power illusion. You are trimming along and it seems ho-hum, then you bump the line out and the extra noise from the line swishing & the extra line hitting more grass makes you think you've hit a Turbo button.
    So what is the maximum length you guys are running?
    I did not measure the original.
    Put another guard with about 180mm max length.
    Seems ok with the original cord

This much extra. I think it was 180 each side + 90mm head to give 470mm total.

IMG_20180205_174346rs.jpg

I packed the cutter in about 10mm last night to reduce the load on the motor a bit. I only used it for about an hour today & no problems.... there might not even be a problem at full length

This much extra. I think it was 180 each side + 90mm head to give 470mm total.

IMG_20180205_174346rs.jpg

I packed the cutter in about 10mm last night to reduce the load on the motor a bit. I only used it for about an hour today & no problems.... there might not even be a problem at full length
    yeah, mines about 180mm each side. No line cutter. But I don't run them anyway on the other machines.
    Put a new medium size guard from one of my old Kaaz machines.

Still experimenting with line size using the full size guard... I ran out the 2mm line that came with the trimmer and went back to my regular 2.4mm Husqvarna Titanium Force and seemed to notice a slightly slower line speed, or could just be that the larger line creates more drag as you try to cut... anyway all of these "feels like" subjective observations are very unscientific! Haha

I will pick up some more 2mm line and keep trying that - I actually liked it at the longer length, it feels like the higher tip speed gives more than I gain by using 2.4 line. I just like the really crisp clean cut of 2mm as well, and starting with the longer line it gives you plenty of "workable" length. Will try and remember to take some photos today...

Ok today I gave the extended hedge trimmer its first proper run. I didn't realise how slow the stihl hla65 is , compared to this machine . I was trimming some fine lilly pilly hedge I started with the stihl then picked up the husky, so It was a good comparison.
    The faster stroke rate of the husky makes working much faster, the machine overall feels and runs much better than the stihl. Its so good that I don't think I will be using the sthl much anymore, In fact I'm going to buy the handheld too as it has the same stroke rate and anything that makes working easier and faster is money well spent.

I was thinking of the new stihl handheld but at $749 plus $200 for the cable adaptor its a little to expensive . But it has a stroke rate up to 5000 that's awesome .
    Overall if you want to get a battery extended hedger the husky is the best, you would only get the stihl if you couldn't afford the husky. And I'm not bagging the stihl my hla65 has done a mountain of work its the machine that sold me on battery power, but the husky is just that much better. If I didn't need my hla85 I think I would sell the stihl gear

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    yeah, mines about 180mm each side. No line cutter. But I don't run them anyway on the other machines.
    Put a new medium size guard from one of my old Kaaz machines.
    Ok giving the whippy a run tomorrow with some small commercial and a few larger resi jobs with Joe. Running original cord - 2mm I think at 180mm max length.
    Also doing some hedging work at these resi jobs so will use the extended hedge trimmer.
    Hopefully some good reports coming back tomorrow night.

Ok giving the whippy a run tomorrow with some small commercial and a few larger resi jobs with Joe. Running original cord - 2mm I think at 180mm max length.
    Also doing some hedging work at these resi jobs so will use the extended hedge trimmer.
    Hopefully some good reports coming back tomorrow night.
    Hedge trimmer is a Pearler. Did an hour with it with 30 mins on a ladder and most in eco mode. The Shindy ext sees me normally build up quite a sweat. The Husky saw me breeze through it comfortably. I find the balance of it really good .
    Whippy - Handled the 2.0mm cord at 180mm length well but it will need to handle 2.4mm on commercial jobs - thats the next test. Well balanced handled everything I through at it.
    A few things - plastic hand gripsI still wear antivibe gloves and it makes it difficult to grip- step up to commercial grips Husky. Bump feed head will wear away quickly I think - they still have not contacted me with a price for a new one. No tie down point on it - As I leave it in the open I needed to attach a locking point from another whipper.
    It will take a while to feel comfortable. With the petrol one I had a few different ways of holding them where they did not need a tight grip with the motor end leaning against parts of the body. Had some really comfortable spots - will need to find them with the Husky

I gave the ext hedger a fair lap today. First job was just regular trim for 2.5 hrs on the hedger. Had offsiders to clean up.

Second job I was on my own for a once a year trim of a line of Geisha Girl Duranta. It was hot as, and humid and not a breath of wind. I was pretty close to quitting but had a trip to the tip & lunch & finished the job.
    I did most of it with the Husky but had to get the Kombi hedger for a couple of bits that I needed a bit of extra reach. I love the Stihl kombi, but the 2 stroke fumes just about put me over the edge. I've done hundreds of hours with that hedger & never thought I could smell the fumes, but almost immediately they got my guts churning.

I'm not bothering with ECO mode on the hedger. The battery lasts longer on full bore than I want to be using it in a day. I came home today & still had 3 bars showing on the battery.
    The line trimmer sucks the battery more. ECO mode for regular residentials seems plenty good enough. It seems to have almost as much torque in ECO as in full power.
    I might be imagining it, but I don't think I'm using as much line as the petrol trimmer.

I gave the ext hedger a fair lap today. First job was just regular trim for 2.5 hrs on the hedger. Had offsiders to clean up.

Second job I was on my own for a once a year trim of a line of Geisha Girl Duranta. It was hot as, and humid and not a breath of wind. I was pretty close to quitting but had a trip to the tip & lunch & finished the job.
    I did most of it with the Husky but had to get the Kombi hedger for a couple of bits that I needed a bit of extra reach. I love the Stihl kombi, but the 2 stroke fumes just about put me over the edge. I've done hundreds of hours with that hedger & never thought I could smell the fumes, but almost immediately they got my guts churning.

I'm not bothering with ECO mode on the hedger. The battery lasts longer on full bore than I want to be using it in a day. I came home today & still had 3 bars showing on the battery.
    The line trimmer sucks the battery more. ECO mode for regular residentials seems plenty good enough. It seems to have almost as much torque in ECO as in full power.
    I might be imagining it, but I don't think I'm using as much line as the petrol trimmer.
    What sort of run time are people getting with whippy?

I had I think 3 bars left and got about 1hr heavy snipping edges done. Cant be sure so will reload and try again.

Batteries don't bounce!! Not from 2 ft onto concrete
    Think I need to buy some more JB Weld unless there is anything better??

What sort of run time are people getting with whippy?

I had I think 3 bars left and got about 1hr heavy snipping edges done. Cant be sure so will reload and try again.
    I'm running 2.4line on ECO & the battery ran out on my third lawn this morning. But there was some really heavy going on the second corner block.
    I guess it was about equivalent time as a tank of fuel with the 525.

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Conrad,

Correct re the Whipper guard, I've worked today Saturday and at one house being a well kept house I had two cases where some soil miniature crap hit my face when I was edging a garden bed, once on the cheeks and a hard hit to the spec's. So keep you lips closed when using it and glasses tight to face, the guard is not safe enough IMO.

I'm going to trial Trailer Blazer 2.7mm cord tomorrow on my big commercial job in the battery whipper as I've only been using TB 2.4mm since I've started in this game. The 2.7mm to minimise the wear and keep max cord length in operation plus we are not able to put much cord length on the spool, so controlling wear I hope and being able to extend run time between spool refills.

"?? when we have to scan/post dockets to prove we are not BS'ing what we paid.

What I've paid. GST in the figure
    536LIHe3 Extended Hedger $564
    536LILXWhipper $360
    QC 500 Charger $175
    BLI300 $250 X 2
    BLI200 $200
    As said a member on the forum has pictures of the two invoices.

I was given a free D hand of the type the curved shaft whippers get, said no to that as there toy handles and paid for a D handle like the Petrol 525LST has for placement on the extended Hedger
    Hi Garry,

need your favour
    if ok with you to send me the copy of your invoice for the Husqvarna battery gear. you could blackout your details if you want
    thanks

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast