Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Didn't a wise old man once say you would own the blower by the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Didn't a wise old man once say you would own the blower by the end of the week
    Yes, and that wise old man got me started on this battery stuff by his many informative posts on the subject with Stihl/Husky gear experiences prior to Xmas and after. Now I'm a poorer man $$ wise. Hah, hah - But I do thankyou now.

The battery installation would be correctly fused/wired with correct gauge wiring and have a marine type master on/off available from BCF, I have it all set up in the my boat in such a manner. I would recommend an Auto Electrician involved with set up if anyone was to proceed for safety sake, especially with petrol carried.
    I studied Physic's and Chemistry at RMIT and have an understanding and some knowledge of electronic's/diodes etc. I would have the trailer static earthed as well which mine is already and properly negatively wired to the car with over and above gauge wiring which I already have mainly re the fridge/ electric brakes, caravan battery charging if travelling in low light or night and caravan ESC.
    Cheers Garry

i did install 130AH Deep Cycle battery and combined with Projecta 900W Pure sine inverter in my van.
    Ordering 160W Solar panel to recharge the deep cycle.
    Will see whether I would need another 160W panel or not.

Right now I am using Ego 21" SP mower, Husky 536LiLX & Husky 525RJD Whippy, STIHL BG86 & BR600 blowers
    Soon will use my unused Ego BP blower.

So far I have been happy with the Ego Mower. One a fully charged battery can last 2-3 houses.

Today.............................
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have some more photos to show but I'm having trouble, I put my memory card in the computer and it seems to have stuffed everything up, my photos are not coming up in my pictures

Def not saying this is but, with these reviews , Ive never seen them say, this is carp, don't buy it !
    Or anything remotely close.
    Suppose its just the done thing to give you the info & let u make up your own mind.

Cheers Fred.

Mate your dead right, I think people are to scared to give honest reviews .

Just on the radio today , a woman was saying how she gave a bad review about a hotel she stayed at. Well they rang her up and said they would refund her money but demanded she take the review down.

I just posted the vid as it looks interesting , as an 18 volt machine it seems to have good power, I watched another vid of a guy fitting a speed feed head , so they have done some things right, Millwaukee make good tools

Today.............................
    Looks great

Have you seen these ladders?
    F0AE501A-FBEE-4E6C-9A9F-0B68FEEF647C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    ... new robbo looking designed standon Mower, New battery chain saws and chrome chains, new 21inch self propelled mow and other bits and pieces in the battery range. The new dual battery insert21 inch SP mower is not a commercial mower from want I've read and knowing Au it prob won't come our way.
    All this new gear you found... is that from Husqvarna?? Do you have any links?

My trusty Mean Green push mower has done well over the last 5 years, but always looking for newer and better option. Hopefully soon the larger manufacturers will catch up with them!

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    i did install 130AH Deep Cycle battery and combined with Projecta 900W Pure sine inverter in my van.
    Ordering 160W Solar panel to recharge the deep cycle.
    Will see whether I would need another 160W panel or not.
    How much did the battery & inverter install cost you? Or did you do it yourself? Have been meaning to do this for myself, was my plan right from the start but still haven't got around to it, still carrying batteries inside each night. Haha. Starting to get a bit desperate for it...

Conrad,

Re some of the Husky gear, your local dealer will know about it and have seen company info and picture re the gear. There is also battery multi tool gear on the horizon.
    The stand on mower is futuristic, large and very Transformers, Robbo Cop styled as I've seen pictures of it being used. The twin battery 21 SP mower is listed as domestic and has one long rotating blade under it within their advertising within the USA field days event mentioned below. Also 2 battery domestic push mowers that are smaller.With smallest looking like it belongs in a toy shop, but good for elderly in small accommodation with pocket sized areas or having only grass inserts within pool like enviro's.

Some info from local dealer and all the other was freely available in writing and pictures from a Huge Garden/Field expo they have in the USA. This is their big major expo over there, much bigger than say Henty Fields Day.
    Can't remember the name and link and didn't save it but could find it again it I tried.
    But remember Husky are light years behind Sthil in battery gear RANGE and just the follower at this point in time in range. Plus, IMO Husky H/O are reactive and that's being kind to them towards taking available range on offer from husky motherland or at least fighting with mother land to get more range. So half the stuff will never make it here down under and what ever we get, the question is how long will it take to appear.

Liking the Battery husky blower more and more everyday since buying it Easter Saturday. When the new battery increased power blower model is released and that's if it makes it to Au at all, I reckon it would be perfect as the current model just needs a little more punch at times, but its OK and I like it as said.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    All this new gear you found... is that from Husqvarna?? Do you have any links?

My trusty Mean Green push mower has done well over the last 5 years, but always looking for newer and better option. Hopefully soon the larger manufacturers will catch up with them!

How much did the battery & inverter install cost you? Or did you do it yourself? Have been meaning to do this for myself, was my plan right from the start but still haven't got around to it, still carrying batteries inside each night. Haha. Starting to get a bit desperate for it...
    I did install it myself. very straightforward.
    Battery cost amost $300
    Box with 300w inverter $300
    Projecta 900W Inverter $270 (bought gumtree new). Most shops selling it for $400+

This was the USA event and link, but still searching the Husqvarna press release within that which had some info.

http://www.gie-expo.com/

I don't have a facebook account thankfully. but I can see some stuff within.

https://www.facebook.com/gieexpo/

One site I found whilst re searching, but it's not the site that I saw originally that showed all three battery husky mowers and what I saw was from Husky themselves.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-L...ded/1000379481
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Conrad,

Re some of the Husky gear, your local dealer will know about it and have seen company info and picture re the gear. There is also battery multi tool gear on the horizon.
    The stand on mower is futuristic, large and very Transformers, Robbo Cop styled as I've seen pictures of it being used. The twin battery 21 SP mower is listed as domestic and has one long rotating blade under it within their advertising within the USA field days event mentioned below. Also 2 battery domestic push mowers that are smaller.With smallest looking like it belongs in a toy shop, but good for elderly in small accommodation with pocket sized areas or having only grass inserts within pool like enviro's.

Some info from local dealer and all the other was freely available in writing and pictures from a Huge Garden/Field expo they have in the USA. This is their big major expo over there, much bigger than say Henty Fields Day.
    Can't remember the name and link and didn't save it but could find it again it I tried.
    But remember Husky are light years behind Sthil in battery gear RANGE and just the follower at this point in time in range. Plus, IMO Husky H/O are reactive and that's being kind to them towards taking available range on offer from husky motherland or at least fighting with mother land to get more range. So half the stuff will never make it here down under and what ever we get, the question is how long will it take to appear.

Liking the Battery husky blower more and more everyday since buying it Easter Saturday. When the new battery increased power blower model is released and that's if it makes it to Au at all, I reckon it would be perfect as the current model just needs a little more punch at times, but its OK and I like it as said.
    Mine will be off to shop for warranty. Eco mode blows like an 80 year old chain smoker

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Mine will be off to shop for warranty. Eco mode blows like an 80 year old chain smoker

Must say that when I'm using the battery blower, I feel like the salesman from Godfreys
    Cheers Garry

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast