Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

l often grip the alu shaft on some jobs but l have a kawa handle which makes it a lot easier to use....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I take the d handle off and just grip the shaft ha ha that sounds funny. Anyway there is no right or wrong its what you feel is right for you and most comfortable.

Anyway I went into the dealer today , They are going to email me a quote on Monday so I will let you guys know what sort of dollars we are talking. The boss wasn't there and I want to pay cash .
    I asked for a price on

2 9.4 amp hour batteries
    a charger
    long reach hedge trimmer
    whipper snipper

so I will see how we go

The stihl gear is great but I am finding with the hla65 at this time of year when the murraya growth is lush and thick it is a little slow. I noticed it yesterday and I have that huge conifer hedge to do soon so would like the husky for that

Hi NLAM, quoted in mildura local husky dealer $1,097 for pole hedge trimmer.
    brushcutter536lir6 $1,097 both include battery&charger.

I took the Husky ext hedger for a spin this morning. I calculated that I did a neat 2 hours on the hedger in 3 separate laps. That includes standing back checking progress etc, a couple drinks of water & prob rolled a durrie. Doesn't include any clean-up.
    When I finished, the 9.4 Ah battery just dropped to 3 of 4 bars. At that rate, this old f@rt is going to knock up before the battery dies.

I still think it's a bit heavy on the cutting end.
    I don't think it's any slower than my Stihl Kombi for light maintenance trimming, but miss the extra 2" of bar at times... story of my life really.

this is what I got done (+1 more Giesha Girl) on ¼ battery.
    IMG_20180114_082301rs.jpg IMG_20180114_084633rs.jpg IMG_20180114_112358rs.jpg IMG_20180114_112526rs.jpg

Nice work Ed,

You blokes have a sense of humour, it's good to have some fun in a PCorrect Aussie enviro. But if I get one, it will have a D handle, not sure about this gripping the shaft thing talked about here. .
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Nice work Ed,

You blokes have a sense of humour, it's good to have some fun in a PCorrect Aussie enviro. But if I get one, it will have a D handle, not sure about this gripping the shaft thing talked about here. .
    I find it feels much better and I have more control when I grip the shaft tight on my extended
    Rarely do I hold it anywhere else

Great work ed ,

Got a price today ,$1975.50 not to bad they are giving me 10% off

The 9.4 amp hour batteries are $399 each

Well did a very high end house today that have two hedges one 30+ mtr and the rear one approx. 45mtr, Did the 45mtrs one today will do the other maybe next wk.
    Today's job required a small ladder for the full length using the extended multi tool Husky and the landscape is sloped which requires some thought re levels. It's a regular job and had strong growth since last quite recent visit due to the good season locally.
    Then had a non ladder smaller hedging garden job later in the arvo on another house a few houses away from my own joint.
    So went home between jobs for a rest under the air cond and a soft drink. But keep thinking re the Battery gear all day. Gave the wife a rant about it too, but she didn't give a sh*t.
    But I dislike hedging so much due to the physical side of it, it's reason I haven't invested even yet though I know it's the way forward.
    Cheers Garry

agree Gaz, sounds like the way forward but getting to hate big hedges

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I know exactly what you guys are saying and I was the same , but I promise you once you buy one you think wtf have I been doing using the petrol power for so long.

If you only want the hedger you could go with the smaller batteries for even less weight

Gaz maybe the whipper snipper could be a goer for you and the regular jobs , that's why I want one

Ive got the cash just gotta get out to get it, so busy and the heat is coming again, cant get there on Saturday my sons band is playing at the opening of a new Mcdonalds an I'm the camera man, my favourite job

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Well did a very high end house today that have two hedges one 30+ mtr and the rear one approx. 45mtr, Did the 45mtrs one today will do the other maybe next wk.
    Today's job required a small ladder for the full length using the extended multi tool Husky and the landscape is sloped which requires some thought re levels. It's a regular job and had strong growth since last quite recent visit due to the good season locally.
    Then had a non ladder smaller hedging garden job later in the arvo on another house a few houses away from my own joint.
    So went home between jobs for a rest under the air cond and a soft drink. But keep thinking re the Battery gear all day. Gave the wife a rant about it too, but she didn't give a sh*t.
    But I dislike hedging so much due to the physical side of it, it's reason I haven't invested even yet though I know it's the way forward.
    I've stopped doing big hedges. After 4hrs hedging I'm rooted for the rest of the day. I keep working but it's no fun. I found I can make more money mowing in my area than hedging. I still do some small hedges for regular long term customers, but no more new jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Great work ed ,

Got a price today ,$1975.50 not to bad they are giving me 10% off

The 9.4 amp hour batteries are $399 each
    Local Husky dealer today after work.

2 9.4 amp hour batteries
    a charger
    long reach hedge trimmer
    whipper snipper

$1755.00 in writing!

Talk to them some more.

Thanks for that mate I will look into it That's $220 better than my price , and they said they would look after me

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Thanks for that mate I will look into it That's $220 better than my price , and they said they would look after me
    And $399 for the blower.
    I have decided to get it all with the blower as an extra!
    Refer them to me if it helps you at all

I am going to try Sydney tools , they have a shop here in Newcastle and I will be going past tomorrow , they sell the husky gear and I have bought a bit of gear off them at really good prices.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast