Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

SEM - what model blower do you have??? Mine doesn't have an eco button, just the boost and cruise options.

Cheers for the GIE details. I know of the expo, but don't follow it really.

Found the new 20" mowers on the Husky US site.
    Push, $299.95 (~$390 AUD): https://www.husqvarna.com/us/product...21p/967682502/
    SP, $399.95 (~$521 AUD) https://www.husqvarna.com/us/product...21r/967820501/

Interesting that they're now calling their range "40V" even though the batteries have always been 36V. Pricing will be bumped up from that direct AUD conversion, the 536LiLX line trimmer is USD $299.95 but Aussie retail is $499.

As a comparo here is the little 16" battery mower, has been available in Aus for some time...
    LC 141Li $499 https://www.husqvarna.com/au/product...1li/967628403/

My Mean Green cost a hell of a lot more than those prices, so I want to do everything I can to keep using it to make money. It's absolutely bomb-proof with 20" fabricated aluminium deck and will mow up to 3 hours on one battery. It uses a single bar blade and I've been more than happy with it's performance so if the Husky mowers have the same setup I have no reason to doubt their performance. If there was a way to mount the backpack battery (similar to Pellenc) then I would really be sold, the runtime would be phenomenal. Already owning the backpack battery and building up a stock of Bli300's I can see myself becoming more and more tied to the Husqvarna range... worst case the Mean Green really craps itself, paying $6-700 for a new mower and being up and running instantly is a no brainer. Have been waiting for Husky to bring out products like this because other true commercial options from Bosch and Pellenc are $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    SEM - what model blower do you have??? Mine doesn't have an eco button, just the boost and cruise options.

Push, $299.95 (~$390 AUD): https://www.husqvarna.com/us/product...21p/967682502/

Interesting that they're now calling their range "40V" even though the batteries have always been 36V. Pricing will be bumped up from that direct AUD conversion, the 536LiLX line trimmer is USD $299.95 but Aussie retail is $499.

As a comparo here is the little 16" battery mower, has been available in Aus for some time...

My Mean Green cost a hell of a lot more than those prices, so I want to do everything I can to keep using it to make money. It's absolutely bomb-proof with 20" fabricated aluminium deck and will mow up to 3 hours on one battery. It uses a single bar blade and I've been more than happy with it's performance so if the Husky mowers have the same setup I have no reason to doubt their performance. If there was a way to mount the backpack battery (similar to Pellenc) then I would really be sold, the runtime would be phenomenal. Already owning the backpack battery and building up a stock of Bli300's I can see myself becoming more and more tied to the Husqvarna range... worst case the Mean Green really craps itself, paying $6-700 for a new mower and being up and running instantly is a no brainer. Have been waiting for Husky to bring out products like this because other true commercial options from Bosch and Pellenc are $$$$.
    Get the 2018 version!!!

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Get the 2018 version!!!

and this why I waited :-)
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

I ordered a tip protector for my hedger today, but too late I'm afraid. I hit the trunk of a tree with the tip and immediately a vibration started.
    It's not really bad and it still works ok.
    Pulled the plate off the bottom and nothing obviously bent, but I've got a feeling that the motor shaft might be slightly bent. I didn't want to fiddle too much due to possible warranty issues, but I guess warranty wouldn't cover it anyway.

Strange thing is that when the shop looked up the exploded view of the parts, the tip protector is there as part of the hedger... not as an optional extra.

I've had to sharpen the cutters on mine already after just 3 months. It's doing the same work (or lighter) that my Stihl kombi hedger used to do and I'd only need to sharpen them maybe once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I ordered a tip protector for my hedger today, but too late I'm afraid. I hit the trunk of a tree with the tip and immediately a vibration started.
    Pulled the plate off the bottom and nothing obviously bent, but I've got a feeling that the motor shaft might be slightly bent. I didn't want to fiddle too much due to possible warranty issues, but I guess warranty wouldn't cover it anyway.

Strange thing is that when the shop looked up the exploded view of the parts, the tip protector is there as part of the hedger... not as an optional extra.

I've had to sharpen the cutters on mine already after just 3 months. It's doing the same work (or lighter) that my Stihl kombi hedger used to do and I'd only need to sharpen them maybe once a year.
    Think I better put mine on before I do the same!!

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post

It must be the boost and cruise options then

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post

Bugger re hitting the trunk.
    The tip protector makes the world of difference when fitted.
    With my extended hedger I had to pay $21 for it. When I ordered the 60cm commercial hand held hedger which was later on, I asked for the end protector to be ordered. Whilst on the phone at the time discussing the order the end tip protector was in the box, but not fitted by factory.
    Dealer fitted it prior to pick up, then I took it off at home as I did with the extended hedger and sprayed it bright husky orange and re fitted, so it was more clearly seen in operation or when swing it about. (Too much spare time in the shed)
    Makes me wonder if the end protector was in the box for the extended hedger.
    As the cheaper 45cm home model hand held hand had the end protector fitted, although its a slightly different.

It gets up my nose a bit to buy premium end gear and find the end protector may not be fitted when the cheap model had it and most of Bunnings range have them fitted.
    Cheers Garry

SEM,

Boost, Eco, Cruise, come on which buttons do you really have. .

Maybe a flame thrower button to burn off any remaining Autumn Leaves that the Boost button failed to blow away.

I must be still in holiday mode as I've been away since Friday and returning to work tomorrow.
    Cheers Garry

Does the 2018 blower still operate the same - trigger being variable from zero to max power? When I first used it I was impressed. As far as I know it's one of the few blowers on the market that aren't blowing air as soon as you power on. Fantastic for blowing around flower pots, delicate plants etc. Obviously petrol blowers all have air running as soon as you pull the starter, probably no one ever thinks of that as a bad thing but for me now it is!!

Tip protector... I took my hedge trimmer apart about a month ago for a full service, sharpen blades, diamond block the inside faces and regrease the mechanism. Well I mustn't have tightened the nuts properly because I lost the tip protector in a garden bed recently and a couple more nuts followed... oops. More parts on order...

Mine has been vibrating for a while - still works fine, just a bit noisier, zero problems that I could see when I had it all apart. Not surprising in my case as I started to test the accuracy of the maximum cut thickness not long after I got it. For all the branches that should have been cut with loppers... I'm impressed. They seem like a very tough tool.

Not a bad idea to paint the tip protector bright orange! Might use that myself! Very strange that any of these would leave the shop without a protector at all!

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    SEM,

Boost, Eco, Cruise, come on which buttons do you really have. .

Maybe a flame thrower button to burn off any remaining Autumn Leaves that the Boost button failed to blow away.

I must be still in holiday mode as I've been away since Friday and returning to work tomorrow.
    Dunno!! Someone called me out. Not really sure as I have not read the manual.

One goes very slow, one goes faster. I push the buttons and little green lights come on. Air comes out and blows the leaves away. I am happy.

What they are called?? Who gives a

Conrad,
    Trigger operation is still the same variable and lock in the variable with the cruise button. Throttle off = no air flow and very low variable is good for woodworking people or cleaning the console of the hilux. I use it to blower clean the hilux out with 4 doors open. In use be it blowing full power when needed and reduced throttle or no throttle when desired. Less chance of damage to customer items in congested areas around customers pergolas etc. more control that is over air volume/speed compared to petrol hand held. Plus it’s fun to use.

The extended hedger will certainly cut thick stems or thin branches. Last week I was doing a job that involved lots of varied tree trimming and hedging work. I was too slack to set up me petrol pole saw and used the battery extended hedger for all of it including rather thick c/mrytle stems. It got through the lot.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Dunno!! Someone called me out. Not really sure as I have not read the manual.

One goes very slow, one goes faster. I push the buttons and little green lights come on. Air comes out and blows the leaves away. I am happy.

What they are called?? Who gives a
    Thank God your a Mower Man and not an Aviator.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Thank God your a Mower Man and not an Aviator.
    Would be in for an interesting ride

For those who think the Husky whipper is the "bee's knees" and it handles all the heavy stuff you can throw at it>>>>>
    You need to put a real tool in your hands!!!
    I tried it on a small patch of very overgrown paspalum and my offsider was getting through the same stuff at least twice as quick with a 25cc petrol Makita

now, mate....don't let truth spoil a good story......still a couple of years away from commercial viability me thinks

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast