Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    For those who think the Husky whipper is the "bee's knees" and it handles all the heavy stuff you can throw at it>>>>>
    You need to put a real tool in your hands!!!
    I tried it on a small patch of very overgrown paspalum and my offsider was getting through the same stuff at least twice as quick with a 25cc petrol Makita

For those who think the 25cc Makita whipper is the "bee's knees" and it handles all the heavy stuff you can throw at it>>>>>
    I tried it on a small patch of very overgrown paspalum and I was getting through the same stuff at least twice as quick with a 43cc Kawasaki.

Horses for courses.

Most of my jobs nowadays are regular mows and I find the battery trimmer is perfect for these. If I have an overgrown job to do, I break out the brushcutter.
    I've only started the 25cc petrol Husky twice since I got the battery trimmer a couple of months ago.

Careful with the Mineral V Green Power tensions peoples, we don't want the ASX to fall during today's trade and end up working for nothing today.
    Cheers Garry

For those who think the Husky whipper is the "bee's knees" and it handles all the heavy stuff you can throw at it>>>>>
    I tried it on a small patch of very overgrown paspalum and my offsider was getting through the same stuff at least twice as quick with a 25cc petrol Makita
    I'll put my Ego multi tool snipper up against your 25cc Makita any day ............ lol.

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    I'll put my Ego multi tool snipper up against your 25cc Makita any day ............ lol.

Cheers Fred.
    Hey Freddy, was not trying to say how good the Makita was, just showing the limited use of the battery gear. Was trying to see what it could handle. There was a post sometime earlier about comparing it to a Shindy 260 I think on paspalum saying they were similar. Not a chance in hell if it can't compare to Makita.
    My old Shindy 260 would rip through it a least twice as fast as my Makita >>>> There must be a reason Kawasaki don't make whippies anymore Eddy 43cc only twice as fast???
    Horses for courses definitely. Would be interested to see what the Husky Brushcutter can do (not trimmer) Anyone have it??

My old Shindy 260 would rip through it a least twice as fast as my Makita >>>> There must be a reason Kawasaki don't make whippies anymore Eddy 43cc only twice as fast???
    But in Qld the paspalum grows twice as thick and twice as long as the sickly stuff you have down there SEM. HaHa.

I used to have a Shindy T270, bought it specifically for overgrown jobs. At the time I had the Core Gasless battery line trimmer that I imported from the States and there was no way it was going to do the job. The T270 did, but needed full throttle, still got the long grass wrapped around the head and needed to be refuelled every 15mins it seemed like. It was bloody loud and vibrations made it far from comfortable to use.

When I got the Husky trimmer I gave it a shot on the same job - it did the same work as the T270, still got grass wrapped around the head, but I didn't have to stop every 15mins to refuel because I had the big backpack battery. I only had to stop every 20-25mins because the motor would overheat.
    Sold the T270 because I just never used it after I had the Husky trimmer. And that was back before I put a full size guard on.

But - you've gotta use the right tool for the right job. And neither the T270 or the Husky trimmer were right for that job. I hired a big Stihl brushcutter with blade and got it all done much easier and faster. Still not the most comfortable to use, but at least I didn't have to use it for as long.

I don't do that type of work very often, but the next time a big overgrow lot comes along I will be trying a grass blade on the Husky. For now what I know for sure is that I'm not left wanting a petrol whippy, at all.

Was talking about using your tool not - oopps better not go there
    26AA66B2-7502-4111-ABA6-CADFCB32058E.jpgQUOTE=edbeek;154929]But in Qld the paspalum grows twice as thick and twice as long as the sickly stuff you have down there SEM. HaHa. [/QUOTE]

I mowed this 2 weeks before this shot during summer - got flooded. Paspalam with cooch

Horses for courses here

Very Helpful Member

Don't know about Horses but there used to be a guy in Wheelershill who would put sheep on vacant blocks
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

From Horses, Sheep and a few pages back Motorbikes to Husqvarna battery gear 2 stroke fuel savings.
    I'm doing my GST BAS tonight and one has to print out a Account Transaction Accrual on the Mower fuel account which is recorded in litres, unit price and $.

My sales for Qtrly Activity Statement 2 and tonight's being Statement 3 are almost identical and is showing a very positive fuel saving and I didn't have the blower till during statement period 3 and didn't start using any battery gear till Feb, I don't use the petrol hedgers or whipper anymore.
    I also service a high end large fully functionable working farm/ranch in my job mix using battery whipper, both battery hedgers now and battery blower around immediate house/pool/slate entertainment areas etc. V8 Sthil bower for all other areas. This house has 10 very long English type varied hedges and is an all day job to service all infrastructure. Trying to get across that I use the battery gear on some huge jobs in my regular client list and that's one example.

But the savings which I wont publish here in public are notable and will improve more as the blower comes into the next statement.
    There are so many advantages in battery and far more than the non user of battery will know or think of until you use the gear. I don't do feral slashing work or bad clean ups so I don't need to get my 3 - 323L, 1 - 525LST petrol whipper and multi tool whipper out anymore.

Ian, your post had me play a sheep Baah on YouTube for a silly reason and my indoor Golden Retriever went totally mental looking for sheep in the house, So so Funny, he knows the sound as the paddock joining behind my rear shed having a see through farm fence has about 40-50 sheep on it. So off he went, still laughing.

Edit, Eligible Fuel rates Tax Credits increased on 5 Feb 2018, nearly missed that, not that's its much. But the accountant would pick it up at the yr's end and charge me more for proudly finding the little error.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Mrs Robinson have done your hedge and that will $2,000+GST. do you like my new hedging gear!!!

Driest Jan, Feb, March, April on record for me and most of us. At last 20-30mm of rain to fall tomorrow being Thursday nite across Friday morning and then back to another dry week. Thank the goodie'os for my real good customers who still have me fortnightly amongst the ones I've forgotten where they live.
    Packing Caravan again for a 4 night Mount Beauty break again leaving Friday. But the jobs do bunch up a little before/after when I do these mini trips. I do it when its a bit quiter like now.

Love the battery gear and the battery blower is all good now, only use the battery blower and the V8 turbo charged stihl Br 700 Backpack. The 5 battery packs working well, the test will be next spring without recharging on the go if I'm still in this game by then.
    Cheers Garry

My battery charger is not charging - tried several batteries. The green light just flashes. Any idea other that take it to my dealer.
    My manuals have been packed away as wife has started packing office stuff for our house move. I dare not ask where it is or to unpack it

Possibly battery/charger too hot/cold or moisture detected? Or dirty connectors?

Thanks Chris, must have been too cold as they both come straight off the car at 7am. Charging now this evening

Very Helpful Member

Scoresby weather station (which is actually in Knoxfield ) at 7.30 this morning real temp1.5 Degrees apparent temp was minus 0.3
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast