Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Magic guys having the second charger, used 4 batteries today and only had to load each charger twice. Worth the investment and tax deduction.
    All charged up for tomorrow Sunday working at the local busy Airport. Love working there.
    Cheers Garry

Ok, my husky trimmer is starting to vibrate/shudder a little under full revs.

Had no time to look as really busy and a few other maintenance issues going on.

Anyone have this happen? Any ideas where to look before I take it in to shop. Not many hours use

Back on to the trusty Shindy

i had this on my husky 324, the driveshaft was dry & needed greasing, the most annoying thing was that it didnt look like it had been greased properly from the factory, as it happened within 1st 2 months.the shop said i should be checking every month, as i told them i have had a stihl for 4 yrs & never checked it.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Ok, my husky trimmer is starting to vibrate/shudder a little under full revs.

Had no time to look as really busy and a few other maintenance issues going on.

Anyone have this happen? Any ideas where to look before I take it in to shop. Not many hours use

Back on to the trusty Shindy
    Line trimmer or hedge trimmer SEM?

My hedge trimmer gets a bit clunky at times. I need to spray it with Lanox every 30 mins of continuous use & then it's good again.

Havent had any issues with my line trimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Line trimmer or hedge trimmer SEM?

My hedge trimmer gets a bit clunky at times. I need to spray it with Lanox every 30 mins of continuous use & then it's good again.

Havent had any issues with my line trimmer.
    Hedge. Keep it clean and use Lanox. It may need a little grease.

The only other thing with mine is the last 2 bolts at the tip work loose, even though they are nyloc, but that just makes it a bit rattly.

I had to get my motor replaced recently. It just wouldn't start at times.

Had a look at the battery belt yesterday, but @ $250 I don't think I'll get one. I think the cord from the belt to the machine might be a bit short in some circumstances.
    Last edited by edbeek; 20-11-2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Extra

My hedge trimmer is loud as hell. Haha. But I did the last blade sharpen myself, so... I know that something inside the gearbox is a bit loose. I should really look at that...

Crazy that you had to get the hedge trimmer motor replaced! what did that set you back?? Was it just a manufacturing fault, bad unit? What did the shop say? All my electric gear has been super reliable, except for issues caused by myself. Mainly with the push mower being run over a concrete drain in overgrown grass. It still ran ok, but had a weird knock noise in the motor...

They replaced it under warranty Conrad. I'm not sure that it was really the problem though. New motor seems to be going the same way. Doesn't seem to have much grunt. I only use it for regular trimming. Any thicker stems will lock it up. Even a build up of sap etc during a job will affect it. With the petrol hedgers, I could go 3-4 hours & give the blades a spray at the end, but this one I have to spray regularly during the job to dissolve the build-up.

Very Helpful Member

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

The only other thing with mine is the last 2 bolts at the tip work loose, even though they are nyloc, but that just makes it a bit rattly.

I had to get my motor replaced recently. It just wouldn't start at times.

Had a look at the battery belt yesterday, but @ $250 I don't think I'll get one. I think the cord from the belt to the machine might be a bit short in some circumstances.
    Think better off saving your money lol...I haven't seen the husky belt , assuming similar to stihl... i found very uncomfortable with 2kgs hanging on a belt. Used once and chucked on eBay

Much prefer the option with battery coming from backpack (school bag type backpack not the bigger backpack battery if that makes sense ?)

It's basically the same pouch the battery fits into.... but instead of hanging from belt, it's coming from a bag worn over shoulders... (could use any bag really)

2kgs over shoulders feels like nothing as opposed to having around waist...

That's so weird. Maybe a problem with the controller or other electronics rather than the motor? My old hedge trimmer still goes hard, will get through any branches that will fit within the teeth opening, just has to sit for a bit as it works it's way through. Does yours still have that factory black coating on the inside of the blades? I can't remember any sap buildup on mine really until that coating started to wear off. It's all gone now, but a spray with the Sthil blade cleaner and it's all mostly silver again after the next use.

Working in consistent 38 - 40 or 40+ deg heat for serveral weeks now and 44 tomorrow.

Re Heat - Finding the 9.4amp batteries are losing some longevity in power supply with internal fans running non stop, especially on bigger jobs. But happening on normal houses too.
    One huge commercial job I do, usually use between 2.5 to 3, 9.4amp batteries on the whipper with last visit using 5.5 batteries on the whipper due to extreme heat on the day. Yes it's a big job.
    Batteries are not clapped out, just the heat being dished out by the Greek Weather Gods here along the Murray.
    Not an issue on residential work, but a concern on my bigger jobs working on one site with batteries draining quicker than cooler days.

I keep spare charged batteries in a cooler bag with a large ice pack wrapped in a small towel during my travels when above 35deg. Dealer said that was a good idea.

Below comments are nothing to do with heat.

Battery Blower, has experienced very minor rise and fall blower fan speed surges whilst pivoting the unit around during sweeping blowing actions of late. Like as through its got one side of inlet against your clothing momentarily. I thought I was imagining it.
    Use my highest powered air compressor to blast the inner trigger whilst holding upside down and blasted the turbine fan with the pointed long air gun too. Did this for a while air gunning and finished off squirting in Silicon spray using the long nozzle into the trigger area and fan. Bingo all back to normal without any disassembly, so it may have had some dust which would be expected.

Well used 60cm battery hedger hand held, has been sharpened once and going same as new.

Well used extended battery hedger, was starting to jam on light stems on dense tightly gathered strong growth. Sharpen and lightly tighten screws along trimmer blade and all good. Nlalm mentioned ages ago there was stuff all grease in the gear case and open her up and re greased, but I've been too busy so far to do it. I use lanox sheep oil spray

I entered into the battery equipment last week of Jan 2018 with more purchases during feb 2018 with batteries from Jan - Feb to May total 6 of them. Both Rapid Chargers working fine with charging indoors. Not in a garage with the temp extremes ie winter coldness.
    If your running quite a few batteries, get two rapid chargers - its make charging so much easier everyday.

Luv Battery Gear
    Cheers Garry

my whipper snipper 536Lilx keeps getting overheat despite working in 20 degrees.
    back to dealer to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    my whipper snipper 536Lilx keeps getting overheat despite working in 20 degrees.
    back to dealer to look at it.
    Mine used to overheat with 2.4mm line & the 525 guard, but since I changed to 2mm line, it hasn't overheated once. I don't use it on badly overgrown lawns though.

Mine used to overheat with 2.4mm line & the 525 guard, but since I changed to 2mm line, it hasn't overheated once. I don't use it on badly overgrown lawns though.
    yes, I used 2.4mm & 525 guard

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast