Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    My dealer told me recently that some petrol engine tools now have a diagnostic plug in. I find that hard to believe, but that's what he told me.
    He is probably right but I find it hard to believe that it is necessary. Bit like a left handed screwdriver.

l guess he's talking about ride on engines?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Chainsaws I think Paul.
    Maybe they do need it. I've taken my new 2stroke blower in 6 times and they still can't get it to run properly.

My 10 year old firewood saw has been sitting since last Sept. Would have had fuel in it when I left it, and 2 litres of fuel in a can with it. Grabbed it last Friday, filled it with the old fuel & it fired up on the 4th pull (as usual). Ran 2 tankfuls of the old fuel through it & it never missed a beat.

My Husky extended hedger is in the shop again for another new motor.
    Had to use my Stihl Kombi on a big-ish job today(3 tanks of fuel) and it wasn't very pleasant after using the battery hedger. Another big hedging job tomorrow too

But I think the Stihl hedger cuts better than the Husky. Maybe my Husky motor has been running sub par for a while though.

I find I can cut a straighter line on long hedges with the cutters straight. With the battery Husky, I find the motor end gets snagged on the hedge. The Stihl cutters are offset a bit so the power head is clear of the hedge. You can swivel the head 1 hole, but on the Husky, that first hole is a big jump. Messes up my eye-ometer.

Getting a 'best price' on a Stihl battery Kombi power head now.

Had to use my Stihl Kombi on a big-ish job today(3 tanks of fuel) and it wasn't very pleasant after using the battery hedger. Another big hedging job tomorrow too

But I think the Stihl hedger cuts better than the Husky. Maybe my Husky motor has been running sub par for a while though.

I find I can cut a straighter line on long hedges with the cutters straight. With the battery Husky, I find the motor end gets snagged on the hedge. The Stihl cutters are offset a bit so the power head is clear of the hedge. You can swivel the head 1 hole, but on the Husky, that first hole is a big jump. Messes up my eye-ometer.

Happy enough to wear the battery Ed ?

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Happy enough to wear the battery Ed ?

Cheers Fred.
    Bugga. The battery doesn't slot into the unit? So I'd need the $1000+ backpack & charger, or the Cable & AP Adapter, holster, battery & charger? That's starting to tally up to a lot of money either way.

My husky hedger is also in the shop again!!! It had bearings replaced some time back due to the rusting. Since they were fitted it took a while to get up to full speed as it seemed to run in econo mode for the first couple minutes. Only used it on about 6 smallish jobs but them pulled it out for a job of about 4 hrs. It completely bogged down under load. Tried it on a couple different hedges and when the same happened. They tend to think it is ok but I told the owner to take it home and try it out for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    seems to be a few issues with the huskies, not good to hear, especially given Huskies can be more expensive. I was about to take the husky leap and cross over from sthil because we now have decent husky dealer but my sthil stuff won't die. I really like the look of the new husky extension hedger, looks well designed.

Is anyone running both Sthil and Husky systems?
    Got one of my batteries replaced as the clips on the side were both cracking. On inspection of others at home is also cracking on one side. As the batterey has been dropped and cracked I dont think it will get replaced though.
    I was told it was only the second one they had seen in Australia!! Any of you guys have problems with this?

I found that I have to regularly lube the cutters. After 15-20 minutes you could hear it start to bind up & struggle a bit. Give it a spray of lube & away it goes again.
    With the Stihl, give it a spray at the end of the job & it's good for the next job.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Got one of my batteries replaced as the clips on the side were both cracking. On inspection of others at home is also cracking on one side. As the batterey has been dropped and cracked I dont think it will get replaced though.
    I was told it was only the second one they had seen in Australia!! Any of you guys have problems with this?
    That's BS. It's apparently a known fault with the 9.4 amp batteries..
    Both of my original batteries have the hairline cracks on the clips. That lets the clips flex and wont release the battery for removal. So you tend to get rough with it to get the battery out and then the pivot pins break. I have one broken. Can still use it, but the clips can move a few mm which is enough to break contact.
    The shop is trying to find out if they will replace it under warranty.

That's BS. It's apparently a known fault with the 9.4 amp batteries..
    Both of my original batteries have the hairline cracks on the clips. That lets the clips flex and wont release the battery for removal. So you tend to get rough with it to get the battery out and then the pivot pins break. I have one broken. Can still use it, but the clips can move a few mm which is enough to break contact.
    The shop is trying to find out if they will replace it under warranty.
    Mention mine last week at Dandenong.
    I may take my other one in and seek what they say.
    If the clip cracks the batteries are useless.
    Should be ok for the life of battery, not 12 months

I found that I have to regularly lube the cutters. After 15-20 minutes you could hear it start to bind up & struggle a bit. Give it a spray of lube & away it goes again.
    With the Stihl, give it a spray at the end of the job & it's good for the next job.
    Might not be related, but are you sure you're not missing one or more spacers between the blades?
    Stihl call them 'sliders' - some are square and others are round like chunky washers. One of my bolts came off with abuse... I replaced and put back together but was having problems with blades jamming as too tight. Turned out the slider was missing too. When you do the bolts up tight it keeps a gap between the blades (surprisingly a bigger gap than I expected)

Bugga. The battery doesn't slot into the unit? So I'd need the $1000+ backpack & charger, or the Cable & AP Adapter, holster, battery & charger? That's starting to tally up to a lot of money either way.
    I love the Stihl battery stuff but having a cord on a pole hedger I imagine would be a pain especially as you might move around ladders etc. Whereas the smaller hedger or line trimmer ... you usually plug in once, finish the job, and put away.

The hla65 and bga85 have been out since 2012/13 so you never know there might be a new model around the corner (hoping they release battery slot version updates to both!)

Disclaimer* I haven't actually tried the kma130r but have just about everything else lol

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Mention mine last week at Dandenong.
    I may take my other one in and seek what they say.
    If the clip cracks the batteries are useless.
    Should be ok for the life of battery, not 12 months
    If you have trouble with warranty check out consumer affairs https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/products-and-services

Product must be fit for purpose etc..

There are consumer guarantees that apply automatically:

for products:
    Acceptable quality
    Products will match description or sample
    Products will be fit for purpose
    Title, possession and security
    Repairs and spare parts
    for services:
    Due care and skill
    Services will be fit for purpose
    Reasonable time

I run both the stihl and husky , and have had similar problems with my husky hedger , I haven't broken the clips yet but feel its only a matter of time , in saying that though the dealer has been very good and everything has been replaced under warranty.
    While the husky was out of action I was using the stihl gear on everything , yes it doesn't look as good a quality as the husky but boy it cut everything and cuts heavier stuff than the husky with no problem at all, I use the husky on my finer hedges only the reason being blade speed is 4000 cuts a minute while the stihl is only 3000, that is a noticeable difference , the stihl cuts slower, and time is money. If stihl increased blade speed on the hla65 I would sell the husky, but then the husky whipper snipper is better than the stihl, and yes the stihl blower is not that powerful but boy is it handy. And then there is the husky handheld hedger which is the smoothest running hedge trimmer I have ever used.
    ed buy that power head we need some feedback I was thinking when my powerhead fails I would go the battery one the only drawback I can see is no on board battery.

How many of the battery users would go back to petrol ????????????????????

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast