Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Local Husky dealer today after work.

2 9.4 amp hour batteries
    a charger
    long reach hedge trimmer
    whipper snipper

$1755.00 in writing!

Talk to them some more.
    Have you got an itemised price for the BLi300 battery SEM?

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Worthwhile getting the fastest charger also... If like the stihl system they are significantly faster and not too much more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Have you got an itemised price for the BLi300 battery SEM?
    Bli 300 $319
    Qc 500 $199
    536LiLX $399
    536 LiHe3 $519
    536 LiBX $399

Asked him if there was any more fat there in case there was multiple purchases. He said possibly a tiny little bit.

Does anyone use the battery boxes/bags?

Mate I cant get near that price here . Sydney tools 2k Got one more quote coming...........

Bli 300 $319
    Qc 500 $199
    536LiLX $399
    536 LiHe3 $519
    536 LiBX $399

Asked him if there was any more fat there in case there was multiple purchases. He said possibly a tiny little bit.

Does anyone use the battery boxes/bags?
    You could show him this That's floor price without the discount Prob cut $100 off if he can match that with a discount.
    IMG_20180118_063714_LIrs.jpg

I've been pulling the battery out and carrying it in the cab. Can't imagine being in the aluminium toolbox all day would be good for it. Although it was in the toolbox for the arvo the other day. When I finished the job, it had 3 bars showing and when I got home later it was showing 4 bars again. Still showed 4 bars when I started this morning.

I did another 3 hours of normal maintenance trimming with it this morning and it's down to 1 bar. So 5 hours working fairly lightly on one battery is OK I think.

Gee it's nice working without ear muffs
    It took 75 minutes each to charge the batteries from new. They were dead flat.

Sounds like a bloody good toolbox ed

You could show him this That's floor price without the discount Prob cut $100 off if he can match that with a discount.
    IMG_20180118_063714_LIrs.jpg

I've been pulling the battery out and carrying it in the cab. Can't imagine being in the aluminium toolbox all day would be good for it. Although it was in the toolbox for the arvo the other day. When I finished the job, it had 3 bars showing and when I got home later it was showing 4 bars again. Still showed 4 bars when I started this morning.

I did another 3 hours of normal maintenance trimming with it this morning and it's down to 1 bar. So 5 hours working fairly lightly on one battery is OK I think.

Gee it's nice working without ear muffs
    It took 75 minutes each to charge the batteries from new. They were dead flat.
    Do what sort of prices you getting for the other items Ed?

I just emailed Sydney tools and said I can get all this for south east mowing's price can they match or better it , see what they say tomorrow. $220 is better in my sky rocket than theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Sounds like a bloody good toolbox ed
    HaHa yep
    What's the theory with these batteries? Is it not a good idea to run them to dead flat, or am I confused with other sorts of batteries?

Do what sort of prices you getting for the other items Ed?
    I think your prices for the other gear are pretty good.

HaHa yep
    What's the theory with these batteries? Is it not a good idea to run them to dead flat, or am I confused with other sorts of batteries?
    Was told by sales rep its quite alright to run them flat.
    They will provide full power until flat then just stop.
    Not like many other batteries.
    Told me they thought their battery technology was 5 years ahead of the competition
    Got to believe everything a salesman tells you!!!

Ok, feel like I need to weigh in.
    Firstly, I am NOT a brand loyalist & buy whatever I think suits my needs & is cost effective.
    Id like to contribute my opinions here as i love reading this forum, reading others opinions.
    I also watch youtube vids on these tools but they're limited use opinions & I don't value them nearly as high as I do with ppl on here who use them for a living.

A while back, I went to a Husky demo day with a few other members on here.
    Whilst I was impressed with with the quality of the battery tools, I was unimpressed with the power.
    Although at that stage, there was no pole hedger available then, Id still really love to try one.

I ended up buying all the EGO gear which has been a bit of a mixed bag.
    If you're looking for a blower, this is the one to get !
    It will literally blow the Husky into the weeds.
    The two have the same power but then the EGO has the turbo button...... & that makes a HUGE diff.
    Ive used it for over a year now without a single issue
    I hate the EGO line trimmer, it has a terrible knob bump feed & it spins clockwise.

My point is, battery gear isn't the be & end all but, if you get the right gear for your needs you will be impressed.
    If you get the wrong gear, you will be disappointed .
    Biggest obstacle is battery management. Once you get this sorted, everything else is a benefit.

The choice is of course yours.

Cheers Fred.

ps. as many here know, I also have the Stihl 65 pole hedger & 85 telescopic pole hedger, if ppl wish to ask Q's ?

[QUOTE=Fred's mowing;154127]Ok, feel like I need to weigh in.
    Firstly, I am NOT a brand loyalist & buy whatever I think suits my needs & is cost effective.
    Id like to contribute my opinions here as i love reading this forum, reading others opinions.
    I also watch youtube vids on these tools but they're limited use opinions & I don't value them nearly as high as I do with ppl on here who use them for a living.

Thanks Fred.
    Im not too fussy. Just want reliable good all round equipment offering the benefits battery gear has.
    Some being less vibration, weight, noise, probable less maintenance, etc.
    The Husky felt good with hedger, w/snipper and blower seemed ok.
    Less vibration is better for my hands. Anti vibe gloves only do so much and at $68 each flying off your trailer becomes expensive.
    The reason I am looking at Husky is they seem to offer more good all round battery gear
    I only want to carry 1 set of batteries

Very Helpful Member

HaHa yep
    Unless they have totally new technology it's not a good idea to run lithium ion flat

http://http://www.abc.net.au/news/sc...low-up/7081286

Fred if you feel adventurous these are DC so if you can open up the case and swap the + & - wires and it should run anti clockwise
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thanks Ian. That link didn't work, but I found this one. http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2...low-up/7081286

I think I might have got the same spiel as SEM about the battery management system. The machine will shut off before the battery is actually fully discharged, preventing damage to the battery.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast