Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

So Gaz what sort of run time do you think you are getting out of a battery.

I didn't take mine out today , it was a bit wet this morning and it has to lay in the ute tray , so I didn't want to get it wet or dirty ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    So Gaz what sort of run time do you think you are getting out of a battery.

I didn't take mine out today , it was a bit wet this morning and it has to lay in the ute tray , so I didn't want to get it wet or dirty ha ha
    Can't really say on run time, yesterday was quite good,
    Today the cnr postioned high end house on a double allotment has 6 satellite gardens all interconnecting hedges/paths weaving and meandering all over the joint. Always do a full tidy and randomly select hedges in between full hedge visits. I used battery hedger and whipper. Then went to the Paspalum lawn as mentioned, between the two I ran the batteries quite heavily with the internal fan going, although 3 bars remaining on 5.2. Doing a house involving lots of edging and hedges I hadn't done before on battery power in my very brief time with it.
    I have my biggest commercial job this Sunday where my app say I do 7.4 km of walking and 2.8km of that whipping edges 0.45km X 6 runs plus circles dodging traffic. So I'm trying out the three batteries I have and have the petrol 323L as back up incase the little spin head gives me the sh*ts on such a big job or the Batteries can't do it.

Run time at the moment I've really no idea. but having 2x 9.4 now and 1 X 5.2 gives me a bit of support. Getting the extra 9.4 amp bat for $250 today was worth it.
    Been speaking this evening to a Jim's operator and very good mate in Lilydale Vic and pushing the Battery gear to him and sending pictures. It's teasing his mind I think, reckon he will speak to the other two Jim's operators we both know in the Eastern Suburbs for an opinion. We all come from the same ex career.

Enjoy your new toys and don't get them dirty please!!

Edit, I'm eying off the battery hand held hedger to, prob the home model as the operator handle will fit in my trailer tool box width ways, seeing I'm getting very good deals on the stuff. The second incharge at the shop has one and likes it
    Cheers Garry

Also 40% of my working is streets away from home, so on those occasions I come home for a break of lunch or a few breaks and can pop the batteries on fast charge if needed. But for the other 60% percentage we will see how it goes. But knowing my biggest hedging work jobs are very close to home it should be fine with what I've got. Plus as Fred mentioned there always the houses with outdoor power points and I have some I them houses where I do full garden/lawn maintenance, so no hassle to tap in.
    Cheers Garry

Alright my initial thoughts, The first pic is the 9.4 battery next to the stihl 6.0 battery to me the weight feels about the same, I will have to weigh them and let you know.

The invoice is what I paid ,just so you know no BS.

The hedge trimmer is great it is much better quality than the stihl hla 65, but it is heavier the faster blade speed is the main reason I bought it , and I can see that being good. But this machine has a lot to prove to me as the hla65 is an excellent little machine, and if you couldn't afford the husky the stihl is nearly as good. And the stihl lays across the back seat of the ute on the floor the husky is a bit longer so has to lay across the seat a bit of a bummer.

The whippy, well to be honest when I fired it up I thought oh no this thing is crap, its got no guts at all, I pulled the thin line it comes with off and put some 2.4mm line on , I was thinking this thing will be on gumtree tonight.
    So I took it out the front and gave it a run on my edges, well I was blown away, it does sound like it has no guts but that is because its so quite, it does have great torque and power, I can see this becoming my go to whipper for all my well maintained lawns, I cant comment on runtime as I haven't run it enough.

What I don't like, well the loop handle is a bit small in diameter I might wrap a tennis racquet grip around it to make it a bit thicker, not for vibration as there is next to none.
    The biggest drawback is the head, I would like to fit a speed feed, but as Ed said its held on by a nylock nut maybe I could modify a speed feed , I will look into it, as I hate having to pull a head apart to respool out in the field . It did feed out ok though.

Just on the blower I have the stihl and toque twist is quite noticeable and its not very light and not very well balanced and does chew the battery , but its so handy , I used it on most of my jobs today yeah its not as powerful as petrol, but on the small jobs I can have them blown down before I have the petrol started. I still carry the handheld petrol and the backpack , the battery powered hasn't replaced them just added to making my work quicker and more enjoyable.
    Invoice here so guys know what prices they can get. HuskyGear (3).pdf

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Invoice here so guys know what prices they can get. HuskyGear (3).pdf
    Looks like it might be an RS deal to me
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

The whippy, well to be honest when I fired it up I thought oh no this thing is crap, its got no guts at all, I pulled the thin line it comes with off and put some 2.4mm line on , I was thinking this thing will be on gumtree tonight.
    So I took it out the front and gave it a run on my edges, well I was blown away, it does sound like it has no guts but that is because its so quite, it does have great torque and power, I can see this becoming my go to whipper for all my well maintained lawns, I cant comment on runtime as I haven't run it enough.
    Yup, bit of a different way of thinking. “Noise = power” is fast becoming an old-school way of looking a at outdoor powers equipment.

An update on my gear - I dropped the line trimmer and blower into the shop yesterday for a bit of a checkup. They were both “hunting” on full trigger and not reaching full speed. I’ve had them for 2 years 3 months and I was damn sure they had a 3 year warranty as I clearly remember that was one of the main reasons I got all the gear as soon as it hit Aus. But the lady at the shop started talking about 1 year commercial warranty and 2 year domestic... I didn’t say anything, will lookup my paperwork at home. Anyway they will plug it into the computer and apparently that can tell them if any buttons or the trigger etc. is faulty. But they have only 1 mechanic on at the moment so it’s a 1+ week wait, see how I go using my 4 year old battery trimmer...

For those who have recently purchased the Husky gear can you confirm what warranty it comes with now??

Also wanted to mention that I have used up to 3.3mm line in the trimmer. It’s a bit of a squeeze and eventually ended up busting the spool where the line hooks in, but it works and goes hell for leather busting through badly overgrown edges. Think 3-5cm thick of soil and grass, it blasts through pretty quick and gets it back to concrete. Impressed with the power of the little motor in these!

Taking a look through the website today I also saw that grass blades are now officially supported!! Back when I got mine I was told they fit, but was “unofficial” due to the trimmer not having a blade break. They must have changed their mind, maybe because the motor actually does have some type of internal friction to alow it down. Slows about 3x faster than my other battery line trimmer...

I just need to find a guard that will work properly with the anti-clockwise rotation. The central guard needed to work with both rotation directions does a poor job both ways - i’ve been dealing with eye problems after some crap was flicked up under my glasses a few weeks ago - not fun. I should have changed the guard a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Yup, bit of a different way of thinking. “Noise = power” is fast becoming an old-school way of looking a at outdoor powers equipment.

An update on my gear - I dropped the line trimmer and blower into the shop yesterday for a bit of a checkup. They were both “hunting” on full trigger and not reaching full speed. I’ve had them for 2 years 3 months and I was damn sure they had a 3 year warranty as I clearly remember that was one of the main reasons I got all the gear as soon as it hit Aus. But the lady at the shop started talking about 1 year commercial warranty and 2 year domestic... I didn’t say anything, will lookup my paperwork at home. Anyway they will plug it into the computer and apparently that can tell them if any buttons or the trigger etc. is faulty. But they have only 1 mechanic on at the moment so it’s a 1+ week wait, see how I go using my 4 year old battery trimmer...

For those who have recently purchased the Husky gear can you confirm what warranty it comes with now??

Also wanted to mention that I have used up to 3.3mm line in the trimmer. It’s a bit of a squeeze and eventually ended up busting the spool where the line hooks in, but it works and goes hell for leather busting through badly overgrown edges. Think 3-5cm thick of soil and grass, it blasts through pretty quick and gets it back to concrete. Impressed with the power of the little motor in these!

Taking a look through the website today I also saw that grass blades are now officially supported!! Back when I got mine I was told they fit, but was “unofficial” due to the trimmer not having a blade break. They must have changed their mind, maybe because the motor actually does have some type of internal friction to alow it down. Slows about 3x faster than my other battery line trimmer...

I just need to find a guard that will work properly with the anti-clockwise rotation. The central guard needed to work with both rotation directions does a poor job both ways - i’ve been dealing with eye problems after some crap was flicked up under my glasses a few weeks ago - not fun. I should have changed the guard a long time ago...
    Sorry mate, only 1 year. That was one reason why I was waiting a while until purchasing. Would have preferred another year or two.
    Shows you how confident they are comparing them against their petrol gear. All the warranties are approx half the petrol for commercial use.
    https://www.husqvarna.com/au/service...rranty-policy/

good deal south east you got the blower so its up to you to give us some feed back.

You wont believe this my stihl dealer rang me today , he is a good guy and looks after me well. He said he has a demo stihl battery whippy for me to try, I said cool I will pick it up next week. So now having the husky I will be able to give a good comparison of both machines.

Another thing with the husky that is throwing me a bit , I have been using that line with a spiral in it which is really quite so that makes it even quitter. I will throw some round trail blazer on and see if it is louder.

Conrad you have had a great run out of that little motor. When they plug the computer in see if they can give you the data. It will show hours used and even how long you have run the machine at full throttle. Scott from footprint gardens showed it on his insta once .

Conrad,

Correct re the Whipper guard, I've worked today Saturday and at one house being a well kept house I had two cases where some soil miniature crap hit my face when I was edging a garden bed, once on the cheeks and a hard hit to the spec's. So keep you lips closed when using it and glasses tight to face, the guard is not safe enough IMO.

I'm going to trial Trailer Blazer 2.7mm cord tomorrow on my big commercial job in the battery whipper as I've only been using TB 2.4mm since I've started in this game. The 2.7mm to minimise the wear and keep max cord length in operation plus we are not able to put much cord length on the spool, so controlling wear I hope and being able to extend run time between spool refills.

"?? when we have to scan/post dockets to prove we are not BS'ing what we paid.

What I've paid. GST in the figure
    536LIHe3 Extended Hedger $564
    536LILXWhipper $360
    QC 500 Charger $175
    BLI300 $250 X 2
    BLI200 $200
    As said a member on the forum has pictures of the two invoices.

I was given a free D hand of the type the curved shaft whippers get, said no to that as there toy handles and paid for a D handle like the Petrol 525LST has for placement on the extended Hedger
    Cheers Garry

Also its quite possible when the intense daily inland heat drops mid/late March I may go back to the petrol husky 323L for certain jobs and including my very big commercial work. That's when I can start using my Protector radio head cat 5 ear muffs again for better sound protection.
    Because to me, my sudden rapid interest and posting here on this battery gear is due to the right ear closest to Petrol exhaust muffler on a whipper is starting to give a non stop ringing noise within the past 4 weeks. Its only in the right ear and it's the whipper that caused it particularly after using the louder 525LST which I used whilst the 323L was being repaired whilst being held so close to the right ear over summer when the heat inland makes impossible to wear full cup ear muffs. But I wear cat 4 & 5 ear plugs and recently spent some coin and upgraded the ear protection as posted a few weeks again.

Re the extended battery extended hedger, well its my new friend 365 days of the year.
    Cheers Garry

Also its quite possible when the intense daily inland heat drops mid/late March I may go back to the petrol husky 323L for a few jobs that are better suited and including my very big commercial work. That's when I can start using my Protector radio head cat 5 ear muffs again for better sound protection.
    Because to me, my sudden rapid interest and posting here on this battery gear is due to the right ear closest to petrol exhaust muffler on a whipper is starting to give a non stop ringing noise within the past 4 weeks. Its only in the right ear and it's the whipper that caused it particularly after using the louder 525LST which I used whilst the 323L was being repaired. Being held so close to the right ear over summer when the heat inland makes impossible to wear full cup ear muffs. But I wear cat 4 & 5 ear plugs and recently spent some coin and upgraded the ear protection as posted a few weeks ago. But I also did push in my right Pro Choice ear plug a little to much and got a pain from it in the first week of Jan and that's when the prob started, so been using anti infection drops just incase over past three weeks like the swimmers use to ensure no infections as I spoke to a chemist pharmacist

Re the extended battery extended hedger, well its my new friend 365 days of the year.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Conrad,

Correct re the Whipper guard, I've worked today Saturday and at one house being a well kept house I had two cases where some soil miniature crap hit my face when I was edging a garden bed, once on the cheeks and a hard hit to the spec's. So keep you lips closed when using it and glasses tight to face, the guard is not safe enough IMO.

I'm going to trial Trailer Blazer 2.7mm cord tomorrow on my big commercial job in the battery whipper as I've only been using TB 2.4mm since I've started in this game. The 2.7mm to minimise the wear and keep max cord length in operation plus we are not able to put much cord length on the spool, so controlling wear I hope and being able to extend run time between spool refills.

"?? when we have to scan/post dockets to prove we are not BS'ing what we paid.

What I've paid. GST in the figure
    536LIHe3 Extended Hedger $564
    536LILXWhipper $360
    QC 500 Charger $175
    BLI300 $250 X 2
    BLI200 $200
    As said a member on the forum has pictures of the two invoices.

I was given a free D hand of the type the curved shaft whippers get, said no to that as there toy handles and paid for a D handle like the Petrol 525LST has for placement on the extended Hedger
    Not needed!!
    But was telling the place I purchased them from that NLAM got a certain price and 2 of them in the shop kept telling me it was BS OR GREY IMPORTS!!!

It may help a few others get a better deal.
    As I said previously I think these will be a lot lot better in a year or 2. That's ideally when I should have purchased them if I wanted something with many of the small problems ironed out.
    I think our feedback to Husky may speed things up a little.

Just take note when you do buy them guys. Unless you really get along well with the guys you buy them off just remember they will still just give you the "sales talk"
    I had it and have noted 2 things already that users have mentioned on here that was quite different from what I was told!

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Also its quite possible when the intense daily inland heat drops mid/late March I may go back to the petrol husky 323L for a few jobs that are better suited and including my very big commercial work. That's when I can start using my Protector radio head cat 5 ear muffs again for better sound protection.
    Because to me, my sudden rapid interest and posting here on this battery gear is due to the right ear closest to petrol exhaust muffler on a whipper is starting to give a non stop ringing noise within the past 4 weeks. Its only in the right ear and it's the whipper that caused it particularly after using the louder 525LST which I used whilst the 323L was being repaired. Being held so close to the right ear over summer when the heat inland makes impossible to wear full cup ear muffs. But I wear cat 4 & 5 ear plugs and recently spent some coin and upgraded the ear protection as posted a few weeks ago. But I also did push in my right Pro Choice ear plug a little to much and got a pain from it in the first week of Jan and that's when the prob started, so been using anti infection drops just incase over past three weeks like the swimmers use to ensure no infections as I spoke to a chemist pharmacist

Thats why for most of the last 10+ years I have used an ear plug in the right ear with radio ear muffs! Stereo just doesn't sound the same

I bought the line trimmer today. They are going to see if there is a fix to stop it from starting in clockwise direction as default.
    Apparently it is ok to use a blade on them, but you need a "kit" to fit the blade. I imagine it's just a different cover plate with a locator for the blade.

Took the head off in the store and the bigger Husky head wont fir the shaft. I haven't tried the speed feed yet with it's different arbors yet. The shaft is Left hand thread so that's a start, but if I can get it fitted, would have to be extra careful not to inadvertently start trimming with it running clockwise.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast