Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EGO Battery powered equipment

Default Re: EGO Battery powered equipment

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post

Nice to catch up for a chat though lads, Freds shout next time :-) Big thanks to Scoobie for organizing and John for the demo, I think I may have even convinced Geoff to work closer to home :-)
    Geez you've done well to convince Geoff to do that, he wont let go of Dingley easily. I would have stayed longer for a chat but i had to get my kid from childcare, they charge $1 a minute if you are late, that's old school mowing money.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    Bit underwhelmed to be honest, I like the saw for camping (u know, cut firewood without those pesky rangers hearing u ), I guess I had already made my mind up before the demo that they wouldn't be up to scratch just yet. ALOT of work to go into power v battery life I think. The mower looked very one dimensional with no options on blades except the one that comes with it.

Of all the products demo'd id use the saw and blower.

As I said, ill go 100% elec when the time comes as I'm already set up for it trailer wise.

Nice to catch up for a chat though lads, Freds shout next time :-) Big thanks to Scoobie for organizing and John for the demo, I think I may have even convinced Geoff to work closer to home :-)
    Looks like I missed a lot. My thoughts are they are probably good but not quite ready to go yet!! They may do as an addition to your equipment for niche uses right now. I am sure there will be a time in the near future that will change. Would think a couple of years may be the go.

Probably won't need to use them as from Jan 18 going to a 4 day week, Jan 19 3 day week and most likely moving down the coast.

After a holiday in Cairns I thought I had the wife convinced to pack up and move there - so close yet so far away

Looks like it will be a little colder where we are moving

looking forward to the review Fred...sorry typo error on the log size lol i have a tendency to brag on size at times lol....

Sterlo...funny you say that i did a paid lawn the other day and picked up 5 within a min of each other....small blocks and your advice on pricing spot on....maybe a fluke but you never know lol,,,,,,
    Like stereo's set up for charging batteries on the go with solar panels etc...hope they improve to come in soon ...

in the last few weeks, I have been trying to use Ego Self Propeller mower with 3x 7.5A batteries. I can do 6-7 houses. I Havent used my HRX217 since then.

Jal, not sure why you need 3 x 7.5 batts ?
    2 batts should give you endless mowing as 1 will recharge as quickly as the other 1 depletes.
    Is yours the steel deck ?

Cheers Fred.

Hi Fred, sometimes I mowed bit tall grass which need more torque. More torque more juice. My one is the 52cm plastic

Has anyone got or even seen a steel deck ego mower SP? A review would be great.

I have two plastic ones, they are both in for warranty due the speed control switch issues. I borrowed their steel deck one, the only advantage is the front leading edge is shorter so you can mow closer to obstacle etc other than that they are just heavier and mow very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by paul123 View Post
    I have two plastic ones, they are both in for warranty due the speed control switch issues. I borrowed their steel deck one, the only advantage is the front leading edge is shorter so you can mow closer to obstacle etc other than that they are just heavier and mow very much the same.
    Thanks Paul, that is a bugger about both being in for warranty. How do you find the mowers other than that? Also how is your experience with warranty repair and what is the issue with the speed control?

It’s been good, I would buy from shop though I’ve had couple of batteries swapped under warranty and now the speed control. Otherwise it’s been good. I’m 100% battery power now but am going to carry petrol mower for overgrown jobs, the EGO will do it but does take a bit longer and you’d better be close to a PowerPoint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123