Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EGO Battery powered equipment

Default EGO Battery powered equipment

I don't have any EGO battery powered gear but would like to know more about it so any info is appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: EGO Battery powered equipment

Looks like there is a whole forum dedicated to EGO products here for anyone interested

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego

If anyone is interested down here in Victoria, i've spoken to the Ego rep who has been kind enough to offer a demo of some of the ego gear that's suitable for contractor use. Will be in a couple of weeks time, or at least that's the plan. I've asked for Monday the 18th of September starting at 3.45pm till 4.45pm. I've suggested Dandenong Showgrounds off Bennett st in Dandenong, if anyone has any where more suitable (apart from there house) let me know.

Interested parties register your interest on this thread or call me. Details are on my website listed below. No pressure to buy. The rep seems super keen to spread the word and has been very accommodating so far which is a good sign.

Two Indi's are in at this point in time, any others more than welcome, even members of team South East

I will post back shortly once dates and times are confirmed. Cheers Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    If anyone is interested down here in Victoria, i've spoken to the Ego rep who has been kind enough to offer a demo of some of the ego gear that's suitable for contractor use. Will be in a couple of weeks time, or at least that's the plan. I've asked for Monday the 18th of September starting at 3.45pm till 4.45pm. I've suggested Dandenong Showgrounds off Bennett st in Dandenong, if anyone has any where more suitable (apart from there house) let me know.

Interested parties register your interest on this thread or call me. Details are on my website listed below. No pressure to buy. The rep seems super keen to spread the word and has been very accommodating so far which is a good sign.

Two Indi's are in at this point in time, any others more than welcome, even members of team South East

Could be a bit like Ford & Holden!!

It's not really my color as I prefer orange

well done on organising that. I'd be interested in your thoughts and a review. One thing you might want to ask them is to provide both SP mowers as there is a newer metal deck version which has a more powerful (or at least different motor) but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

yeah onya Craig good to see someone having a crack to get us old buggars into the new era...not like John i do like green a lot

ill be there mate,
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Ok we are going with Monday the 18th of September, at Dandenong Showgrounds, enter via Bennett st main gate, between the hours of 3.45 and 4.45pm.

Reps name is John, seems really keen to show us what they can do.

With Sterlo, that's 3 of us in so far, any others let me know prior.

Im guessing we'll demo down the back part of the oval towards the heavier scrub part, look for the garden trailers/and or utes.

I think he is bringing the one with the metal deck Steveo.

If anyone has any preferences for which machines they want to demo let me know in the next few days so that he has time to organise them.

Not sure if we'll get all that we ask for but this is my wish list add yours for the ego demo day

Power plus mower, 50cm steel deck both push and self propelled

Multi-tool, the biggie, the one most of us are holding out for, attachments i've asked for are as follows hedge trimmer, polesaw, pole hedge trimmer, line trimmer, pole extension

Chainsaw
    40cm

Backpack blower is it here or just in the USA?

Normal blower

38cm line trimmer

65cm hedge trimmer

Please add any i've missed.

Try and have a run with the bigger batteries and see if the extra weight upsets the balance of the machines. I think you have all the tools covered , looking forward to your thoughts on this gear once you give it a run

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Try and have a run with the bigger batteries and see if the extra weight upsets the balance of the machines. I think you have all the tools covered , looking forward to your thoughts on this gear once you give it a run
    Yes good point, will ask for bigger batteries.

guys on the other forum had a demo day today......http://lawnclub.com.au/topic/1991-eg...oopers-plains/ (delete if stepping over a line...)

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Not sure if we'll get all that we ask for but this is my wish list add yours for the ego demo day

Power plus mower, 50cm steel deck both push and self propelled

Multi-tool, the biggie, the one most of us are holding out for, attachments i've asked for are as follows hedge trimmer, polesaw, pole hedge trimmer, line trimmer, pole extension

Chainsaw
    40cm

Backpack blower is it here or just in the USA?

Normal blower

38cm line trimmer

65cm hedge trimmer

Please add any i've missed.
    The backbackblower is here, saw it in the hardware shop.

I owned the backpack blower for few months. its good and very quite. Little bit better than BG86 but it couldnt beat the petrol ones. Also you need alot of batteries to run it. i do have 3 batteries of 7.5A which can last for whole day.

20170621_144112.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    I owned the backpack blower for few months. its good and very quite. Little bit better than BG86 but it couldnt beat the petrol ones. Also you need alot of batteries to run it. i do have 3 batteries of 7.5A which can last for whole day.

20170621_144112.jpg
    did you buy the ego multi tool? If so, how is it going?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast