Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EGO Battery powered equipment

Default Re: EGO Battery powered equipment

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    did you buy the ego multi tool? If so, how is it going?

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...l=1#post153230

Used Ego SP Mower today in a thick and damp grass. both Done using ONE 7.5A batt

WhatsApp Image 2017-09-14 at 13.19.35.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-09-14 at 13.19.36.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-09-14 at 13.19.35 (1).jpg

that's great get another 11 batteries and start making money

Thanx for your contributions on this thread Jal, appreciated.

Cheers Fred.

[QUOTE=jal2007;153273]Used Ego SP Mower today in a thick and damp grass. both Done using ONE 7.5A batt

That is a fair effort for the machine to get thru that length of grass and it looks pretty moist too.

no problem, Fred.

yes, the mower has plenty of torque. Its amazed me as well it could cut thru that tall grass. The good thing is it didnt bog down.

Reminder Ego demo tomorrow 18/9 at Dandenong Show grounds main gate Bennett st entrance, 3.45pm start.

Thanx Craig, good stuff !

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Thanx Craig, good stuff !

Cheers Fred.
    Yeah thanks Craig ...something to think about and move towards this type of set up in the near furure

Yeah it was a good demo, plenty of gear, plenty of feral bush around to cut. I liked the blower and the chainsaw best myself. The spot we choose was spot on too. Can't speak for all that were at the demo but i liked the area as a place to demo gear. Big thanks to the rep John and Ego for making the demo arvo happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Yeah it was a good demo, plenty of gear, plenty of feral bush around to cut. I liked the blower and the chainsaw best myself. The spot we choose was spot on too. Can't speak for all that were at the demo but i liked the area as a place to demo gear. Big thanks to the rep John and Ego for making the demo arvo happen.
    What were your impressions of the multi tool and the Sp mower? Are they are a viable proposition yet?

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    What were your impressions of the multi tool and the Sp mower? Are they are a viable proposition yet?
    Re the Ego self propelled mower, i'm not sure what the others reckon, but i feel the self propelled is limited by the narrow shute opening towards the catcher. I think longer lawns will make the grass clump near the chute. Its very fast, covers ground well, height adjustments are limited though, and it wont go down to a scalping level the way its currently set up. I would have liked to see the push mower myself, but i believe from what the rep said the set up would be the same minus the drive gear of course. If i was a home owner yes i would grab one for sure. If i was doing inner city pocket lawns yes i would grab one, for the rest of us, i'd wait. Just my opinion though.

The multi tool was decent, a fraction under powered for mine, but decent. I use a stihl 130 4-mix which has grunt to burn so maybe i'm spoilt. I would say they'll nail it with the next generation. Me i'd wait on both of those. To me the standouts were the handheld and backpack blowers and the chainsaw. I'm going to buy the handheld blower. Massive amount of power no difference to my petrol stihl bg86. I might get the 7.5Ah as well as the standard battery as i think run times are still an issue. I know that battery is heavy but it improves the run times by a fair margin from what i'm told.

Yeah times 2 there on Scoobs ..The self propelled was pretty good and had a cracking pace for me , with a steel deck they are aiming at the contractor but does have the narrow shute ..this machine would be fine for retirement villages as they are so quiet ,even for schools ect for those small areas . Run time is around 55 mins so you need a couple of batteries plus the ability to charge on the go if you were using it for a full day ...They use a bar blade and the demo one was worn out but still picked up a full bag ( 70l) in no time..
    multi tool was good though hedger a bit heavy but the whipper and pole saw definitely up to the mark..again run times and extra batteries needed.chain saw went through 600 mm log easy as and probably will put one in the tool box for limbing..
    way to go but with improvements i would wait but it won't be long...someone said they getting riders operated by battery so it will happen ...

Yer, agree with Geoff & Craig on most points.
    Trying to bag long wet grass might be an issue due to the chute but, what mower with a half chute will ?
    Not so sure on the backpack blower unless your doing heaps of blowing as its only 10% up on power from the handheld.
    Geoff, 600mm log ? my guess would have been around 300mm but hey ...... lol.
    Im a fan of the chainsaw for its designed purpose, I think it stopped (just for a sec or 2 ) on a couple of occasions due to the bar being pinched as the log was laying directly on the ground.
    Pick up the Multi tomorrow with hedger, pole C/saw, ext and whippy attachments.
    If anyones interested I can post a review a couple of weeks later after a few more serious runs.

Anyhow, just waiting for the assessment that counts ............ what sat u Sterlo ?

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Yer, agree with Geoff & Craig on most points.
    Trying to bag long wet grass might be an issue due to the chute but, what mower with a half chute will ?
    Not so sure on the backpack blower unless your doing heaps of blowing as its only 10% up on power from the handheld.
    Geoff, 600mm log ? my guess would have been around 300mm but hey ...... lol.
    Im a fan of the chainsaw for its designed purpose, I think it stopped (just for a sec or 2 ) on a couple of occasions due to the bar being pinched as the log was laying directly on the ground.
    Pick up the Multi tomorrow with hedger, pole C/saw, ext and whippy attachments.
    If anyones interested I can post a review a couple of weeks later after a few more serious runs.

Anyhow, just waiting for the assessment that counts ............ what sat u Sterlo ?

Cheers Fred.
    Bit underwhelmed to be honest, I like the saw for camping (u know, cut firewood without those pesky rangers hearing u ), I guess I had already made my mind up before the demo that they wouldn't be up to scratch just yet. ALOT of work to go into power v battery life I think. The mower looked very one dimensional with no options on blades except the one that comes with it.

Of all the products demo'd id use the saw and blower.

As I said, ill go 100% elec when the time comes as I'm already set up for it trailer wise.

Nice to catch up for a chat though lads, Freds shout next time :-) Big thanks to Scoobie for organizing and John for the demo, I think I may have even convinced Geoff to work closer to home :-)
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast