Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Honda HRR216 SP

Default Honda HRR216 SP

Just wondering if anyone else is using a Honda HRR216 sp? I only have a small number of clients and couldn't really afford the higher end commercial Honda shop sp, so decided to take a chance on the HRR216 sp. So far I've been using it for about 12 months now and have been very happy with it's reliability and quality of cut. It cuts and catches wet grass well enough for me and mulches beautifully if it hasn't been let get too long. Blades aren't cheap but they seem to last pretty well. The only thing I've had a problem with, is the drive wheels locking up when pulling back on the mower. This doesn't happen all the time(but it is a pain), and can be fixed by cleaning the wheels and drive axle bushes, and re lubricating the axle bushes in particular. It definitely gets worse as the catcher gets heavier. The only other thing thatI don't like, is the height adjustment. The increments are to large between heights. Its more of a nuisance than a problem. All in all, I'm pretty happy with what it's done so far.

Default Re: Honda HRR216 SP

That range of mowers incl the HRX were designed for the American market where the lawns have a cut height at 3-4 inches (around 100mm).This is why the height adjustment jumps so much as it don't matter much.
    The smart dive system is the same as what Toro have and are simple and are easy and cheap to replace.
    The mower is a good start without over spending,later you can ad another mower.

Default Re: Honda HRR216 SP

Update! I found out from the local Honda dealer that there is a modification from Honda that can be carried out under warranty to address the rear wheel lock up. So I've put the mower in to get the mod done. Will up date after i get it back and try it for a while. Here's hoping. ��