Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: The crap on goes through being in business

Default The crap on goes through being in business

A email where only the numbers have been changed
    .................................................. .....................

THEM...
    Hello,
    I am Joanne Komusin 69yrs,I need a lawn Maintenance who can assist me taking care of my grass and pruning of the tree in my newly acquired apartment.Also i would like to know if you accept credit card as the means of payment.. Reply me if you are available for this work with your quote.
    Thanks

ME....
    Hi Joanne,yes I can provide those services and accept Visa/Mastercard.Please let me know the address and a day and I’ll call in for a quotation for services.
    Regards
    John

THEM....
    Hello John,Thanks for the reply,I have just relocated into the area like i said in my previous mail and I need a Gardner who can assist me in taking care & maintenance of my Lawn and pruning and also am sorry i didn't let you know i am hearing impaired in my first email I am at the hospital at the moment and i am ready to undergo a double cochlear implants surgery for my impairment in some very few days,so this is the best way we can communicate.I'll be so glad if you can give me a proper price,and my new address is 00 Somerfield Avenue, Reynella, SA 5161,..The Removals Company will be coming with my keys when they are bringing in the Electronics as they are helping me move in my house furniture and all belongings from my former apartment to my new home,though they shall be stored in the garage on that day.
    The removalist shall contact you regarding their delivery on my site and handover my keys to you,Let me know if you can handle these order and i will be paying with my credit card so what type of credit card do you accept for payment,so i shall send you my credit card details for deposit payment as soon as you have a concrete quote regards this,so that you can have an upfront to work on..

I await your quick and urgent response

Kind Regards

ME.....
    Re credit card service is only able to be done on location with my device.We can deal with that when the time comes.
    I'll wait for the Removals Company to contact me (040000000) re keys and we'll go from there..John

THEM.....
    Good morning John,

Thank you for the prompt response and quote,I have informed the removalist that you shall be in my house for Lawn Maintenance and Tree Prawning,They will be coming with the keys to my house on Monday 3rd Sept by 10am so i can arrange with them to move in my belongings that day.

Also I would be grateful if you can render me a favor,because i have not paid the removalist bringing in my belongings due to that they do not have a credit card facilities for payment and due to my present condition beyond my reasonable control,it wont be convenient for me to pay via other method that is why i really need you to assist me.

I would like you to add an extra $3000.00 to amount you require for deposit so that you can have all the sum charged on my credit card and you will have the $3000.00 send to the Removalist for them to be able to move properties to my house asap.After meeting with them on the site you can do proper inspection and go ahead with the work.

I so much wish to pay them directly but I am at the hospital right now and will undergo a surgery soon for my hear disabilities and I will want everything in place in my new house before I am discharge because i will be leaving to my new house to have a good home rest and continue with my post surgery treatment.

If you will agree to carry on with job I can email you my card details and also the Removalist bank details for their payment.I hope you understand me well by putting my condition into consideration and I am sorry if however it cause you inconvenience.Thanks

Await your response

Default Re: The crap on goes through being in business

Scam of the highest scamiest order. Avoid or have some fun.

Well we all have ongoing have B/Shet to deal with and pull out of jobs when we wish we never responded to the person or stood on their property. Then sometimes dwell on it for 24 hrs re the nerve of some people on this planet have, to how they treat us lower than a worm in the ground.
    But Beetle that's a Classic, permission to dwell on that one for a week granted.

Like 4 years ago I had a call from an unknown at 6.30am on Good Friday to come mow their lawns before midday. That's the 101 message they left.
    Cheers Garry

So beetle , you didn't fall for it did you, ..........tree prawning, is this new

First suss thing was the word apartment,when i looked up the address it was a house.Next was the removalist giving me keys which sounded wrong and giving me a time without checking if i'm available to be there.
    It was a subtle way in setting me up but the "if you can render me a favor" and money involved is when i muted the conversation not wanting to know anymore.Next try hard is only weeks away if not sooner.

That seems pretty similar to an email I got in July. I didn't respond.

"This is Paul Wallace,I have just moved into the area and i want a general clean up done in my garden at the backyard of my just acquired 3bedroom home.Also i would like to know if you accept credit card for payment..Reply me if you are available for the work.

Thanks
    Paul

NOTE: Response back via email is preferable."

I have had it now from two different people, One with a property just outside of Townsville, which they were willing to fly me up from Brisbane as they didn't trust local workers to do the work, and one local to us in Brisbane. And the supposed disability is they are getting a double cochlear implant. They also will not give you the name of the movers.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

And they used the same name as the above
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

seems legit.....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Even if it is legitimate.
    Not a good way to start a good business arrangement.

I'd run. Sounds dodgy to me. If it is legit run even faster.

Whirlpool forum has lots of stuff about scams, the contact lets you pay the extra to the move guy, then the scammed account is closed and you get a bounce back for all the $$$, so Your the one out of pocket.