Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Home Gym

Default Home Gym

Over August I invested and set up a professional styled home gym with 2.5kw split system going in tomorrow, gets darn hot were I'm located in summer and we don't use the old tech evap unit now.
    Mid July took my wife twice to Hospital Physio as she always goes by herself. it was very very upsetting to see her amongst folks 25 yrs older, she is 56
    Need to help my wife who medically needs help to assist her genetically given condition that started appearing at 49. Need to strengthen her legs and balance to delay or improve her condition for longer than if we do nothing.
    Front Wheel Cross Trainer 10kg Flywheel,
    Exercise Bike 10kg Flywheel
    Vibrate machine with full 3 sided handles'
    Treadmill auto incline which is the most important piece of gear the Physio said.
    A few large mirrors and wall mount TV. The equipment has individual iPhone connection for music.

Have been using it myself too and having fun, which also encourages my wife. But she knows its a must do for her as this not next years garage sale stuff.
    Joking with my daughters that next year I'll be downloading the Boston Marathon entry form and/or auditioning for the next Baywatch.

With lawn mowing and this new stuff I reckon Ill be toned up myself by next year.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Home Gym

The buffed lawnie, , not a bad idea for a calendar , I mean if the firies can do it why not us , after all we are all supremely fit , how many out of shape lawnies do you see around lol

Oh no i don't want to see you blokes with ya top off, no, just no.

Margot Robbie, Jennifer Hawkins, Scarlett Johansson, Penelope Cruz yes, buffed lawnies no, can't we just pretend these girls are gardeners?

Come on mate we had you down for miss april

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Come on mate we had you down for miss april
    Me and Miss April hey, works for me

I had to do physio after my stroke and I can tell ya there are plenty of muscles we dont use but did astound the physio with my strength. The best thing they gave me was an exercise band. You can do lots with that
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I had to do physio after my stroke and I can tell ya there are plenty of muscles we dont use but did astound the physio with my strength. The best thing they gave me was an exercise band. You can do lots with that
    Bluey, you are not wrong re the simple, cheap exercise band. It has and still is my wife's primary exercise tool.
    Hope you post recovery and Physio goes well, what I saw in the Hospital Physio re my wife stirred me. Looks like your mowing fitness has helped your road to recovery.

Re the home gym, this may explain it better
    My wife has developed Cerebellum Atrophy and it can be called Cerebellum Ataxia. I will end up being her full time career down the track and she will have a shortened life.
    1.5 yrs back she had another MRI and it showed brain shrinkage and heads knocks to the head are not good. So with 48hrs she had a new car with 7 A/bags as she only had 2 then.
    5 Weeks ago I traded it and got her another new Toyota with Toyota Safety Sense Package which is now available, ie Pre Collision Auto Braking, Lane Departure and the rest of it.
    Called in S/Steel guys last year and had $8,000 of Safety Balustrade rails installed around the house exterior where there are steps. Basically a balustrade fitted to what they term the "Grey Area" of walking. I'm on a large block with elevations & some steps.

We were lucky to see the then Head Professor Prof Elsdon Storey, Chief of Neurology at the Alfred Hospital and do the Molecular Genetics testing.
    There is no cure and nothing to take, only stay active, exercise with focus on walking/balance co ordination and along with speech. Try and remain active and for me to support her in every way, every day.
    My wife can't walk any slope or uneven flooring, can't go to our letter box as there is slight slope after the immediate flat part in front of the garage.
    I have to cook all meals now as using a knife or pans with hot liquids is a no go zone. When we go caravanning, this year forward we have now taken the Walker. Got her the new gen carbon fibre walker as there so light/smart designed to manage for when she needs to use it which is some times at the moment. Getting the Vehicle Disability Sticker this year was a blessing to minimise walking distance at shopping centres.

We never saw this coming in life as my wife has always been super fit and trim gym type bodied girl, she still is trim.

Glad I'm a mowing man now as I can work how much or less and work to suit or not at all.

The Home Gym was a no brainer, should have got it last year.

Stay fit peoples and enjoy life.
    Cheers Garry

PS, Any Calendar would have to have the front reserved for Eliz Hurley, think Warnie & Hugh would also agree.
    Cheers Garry