Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Industry predictions

Default Industry predictions

So, in less than 3yrs it will be near impossible to buy a new petrol powered hedge trimmer.
    Whats yours ? All aspects of the industry would be interesting.

Cheers Fred.

Wink Re: Industry predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    So, in less than 3yrs it will be near impossible to buy a new petrol powered hedge trimmer.
    Whats yours ? All aspects of the industry would be interesting.

Cheers Fred.
    Better go stock up while I can

Default Re: Industry predictions

Battery power will be more mainstream, but I don't think the petrol power phase out will be so quick. In 3 years I think I'll have all battery powered hand held machines.

5 yrs- will be hard to find a twin cylinder carbed engine. All EFI.

calm down freddy....its a usa thing, most of us live in the worlds most livable city. we know how fast a plebiscite works, good luck with this one :-)
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

In 1997 I had a Uniden cell phone with a battery like a large block of cheese with a standby time of up to 6 hours, It cost me over 1100 dollars and made me some decent dollars.............roll on to 2017.....wont be too long and petrol engines will be gone 4 good.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Battery power will be more mainstream, but I don't think the petrol power phase out will be so quick. In 3 years I think I'll have all battery powered hand held machines.

5 yrs- will be hard to find a twin cylinder carbed engine. All EFI.

Quote Originally Posted by BSD View Post
    In 1997 I had a Uniden cell phone with a battery like a large block of cheese with a standby time of up to 6 hours, It cost me over 1100 dollars and made me some decent dollars.............roll on to 2017.....wont be too long and petrol engines will be gone 4 good.
    Define "too long"!!!!

I thought we would still be getting all the ones the Europe and especially USA don't want!
    I would not see them changing their attitude to using us as a dumping ground for old unwanted equipment!
    And the prices they can sell them to us will ensure they hang around for a while yet

Here's an industry prediction, over the next 2 weeks all mowing contractors will be totally stuffed from over working, merry christmas

yep
    re the petrol powered gear, seriously? our gov'ment is still in love with coal.....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

not our govt in vic...silly prick andrews closed down one of the main coal; plants so under load we either have black outs or try to borrow from other states....sure eventually get rid of coal ( although we have plenty of it and a lot of countries are turning to that cheap method ) but for christ sake have the alternative in place ..we now have limited sup-ply and elevated price increase..

Our communist labour government is turning our South Australia into Venezuela.

yeh we have the same fckers here too in Vic....they even wasted one BILLION dollars to not build a road ....I am getting fed up with fcking do gooders greens save our planet our souls and crap.....

Very Helpful Member

I don't know why anyone would even question the need for Australia to close our coal power stations which are polluting the world and adding to global warming,we should also applaud the foresight of both our current and the previous Labor government in ensuring that the coal doesn't go to waste and increasing our coal exports to help power some of the 1600 planned coal fired power stations being built overseas where apparently it would seem they won't cause pollution or global warming problems in Australia because being overseas they are in different worlds
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

^^ yep

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Supply and Demand will shine through
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    yeh we have the same fckers here too in Vic....they even wasted one BILLION dollars to not build a road ....I am getting fed up with fcking do gooders greens save our planet our souls and crap.....
    . +1 !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast