Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Unusual clients

Default Unusual clients

Just wondering has anyone ever gotten jobs from clients who would be considered unusual,nah I'm wording this all wrong for fear of political incorrectness or something along those lines!
    Anyway I won't go into too much detail but I did a quote at a brothel a few years ago to tidy up some weeds near the front and an outdoor area at the back.there was a few interesting options in regards to payment..

Default Re: Unusual clients

Yeah I got one really unusual client. They have irrigated lawns, wanted me there every 2 weeks, paid on time, allowed me to do what I think needed doing when I thought it needed doing, always took my advice and allowed me to charge a fair price and they never complained. I would call that unusual. Only happened once and they are about to sell up.

Had a long term client up until recently who was a Snr NSW Police Officer who became a Priest and currently is a very highly respected and ranked Man of the Cloth.
    He was 100%, nah 150% down to Earth and told some great stories with colour upon my visits. I got paid via the Police Credit Union. Nice people to work for and said would always provide a reference or help if ever I needed such.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Yeah I got one really unusual client. They have irrigated lawns, wanted me there every 2 weeks, paid on time, allowed me to do what I think needed doing when I thought it needed doing, always took my advice and allowed me to charge a fair price and they never complained. I would call that unusual. Only happened once and they are about to sell up.
    Obvioulsy they are not public service employees!

Very Helpful Member

I have a client that I used to have a "debate" with every year about my price, every 2nd year I would accept the price rise
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I have a client that I used to have a "debate" with every year about my price, every 2nd year I would accept the price rise
    Hold on to them Ian. They are becoming like a politician without dual citizen ship - very hard to find

Reminds me of the clients I would always try to keep prices increase to a minimum and every second year. Quite a few years ago now!
    This one time I said - I need to put your lawns up to $42 from $40. There was a discussion about being so expensive.
    I said:- I don't like telling you to get other quotes but if you can find someone cheaper go with them.
    They said:- last time we did that they were so much more than you

Quote Originally Posted by irishjim View Post
    Just wondering has anyone ever gotten jobs from clients who would be considered unusual,nah I'm wording this all wrong for fear of political incorrectness or something along those lines!
    Anyway I won't go into too much detail but I did a quote at a brothel a few years ago to tidy up some weeds near the front and an outdoor area at the back.there was a few interesting options in regards to payment..
    So how many visits a week did it take to keep those gardens up to scratch .............lol

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    So how many visits a week did it take to keep those gardens up to scratch .............lol
    Possibly still recovering after the experience
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    I think its recommended 2-3 times a week!ha!😂

I had a mate used to mow a brothel he was paid the same way, he told me it was a bugger of a lawn to keep under control, he had to mow it three times a week and twice on Sundays

boom tish

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Trim your bush madam??