Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Masport sp with Kawasaki engine

Default New Masport sp with Kawasaki engine

Hi all
    Been looking at these on the net http://masport.com.au/outdoor-garden...-s21-3-n1-sp-k they are supposed contractor grade mowers
    They look good on paper kawa engine steel deck bolt on wheels 80lt catcher adjustable handles
    2yr engine warranty and 1yr mower parts & gearbox warranty
    going to go look at one in the next day or 2
    Thoughts?. Anybody useing them
    Thanks
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Default Re: New Masport sp with Kawasaki engine

Reading the description it sounds like a list of Honda problems all fixed.
    They even have specifications !
    For the life of me though, why in the world does a manufacturer try to sell equipment with only ONE PHOTO ?

I want a photo of the rear chute to see how open it is
    I want a photo of the drive system to see any possible concerns (like Rover pawl drives, or poorly protected drive belts)
    I want a photo of the blades and disc under the deck - here's where the work happens.
    I want close-ups of the handle attach points and controls

I don't want a manufacturer putting up a basic meaningless photo that says "buy our mower because it's really pretty "
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

they sound good, like to see one...

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

if the gear box is positioned so that you have a good rear space u would have to consider this one...of late the kawasaki motors are not like the previous] ones...back then they had oil filters and were a great motor..the newer ones I've had problems and wouldn't touch them again ...due to carries being inferior ...but depends on how long you won't it to last i guess

You can also get it with a Briggs 850 i/c http://masport.com.au/outdoor-garden...21-3-n1-sp-b-s

commercial warrenties seem pretty good..2 years

went to have a look they Only had the push model
    It looked really good
    Solid machine
    So I put a sp with kawa on order should have it by end of the week

nice one!! interested to see your thoughts on it......love to see it blow the hondas away lol

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    It looked really good
    Solid machine
    Definitely keep us updated, looking at these myself.

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    It looked really good
    Solid machine
    I would be interested also. Not going to repair my other honda 215 and this Honda 215 I am using is starting to need a little work occasionally.
    Bought a Rover pro cut 50 SP propelled some time back and only used it about 10 times as a back up - will be selling it.
    When I buy some new slashing/ride on gear later this year will upgrade a few other items - a self propelled being 1.

Can you put up some reviews when you have used it a bit please Simo?

Still waiting for the call to go pick it up apparently they can't make them fast enough "they're selling like hot cakes"
    I'll let u all know how it goes

It's hard to believe Honda has lost its way as far as it has. For 25 odd years they were the automatic choice for a new mower. Its also hard to believe they've had very little competition over the journey. If this masport works out i might have to stock pile them.....anyone have a warehouse lying empty?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    It's hard to believe Honda has lost its way as far as it has. For 25 odd years they were the automatic choice for a new mower. Its also hard to believe they've had very little competition over the journey. If this masport works out i might have to stock pile them.....anyone have a warehouse lying empty?
    They have their fingers in too many other pies - and big ones at that. Only petty cash for them in this industry in Australia.

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I just bought one of these mowers today . They are a beast of a mower but extremely heavy. Supposedly 40kgs but I think that is not including the dry weight of the engine which is 17kg. Gear box is so strong that i cannot hold the mower when engaged. I dont like the engage handle , i think it should be a lever type on either one side or smaller and on the inside middle of the handle bar as its not easy to control this mower in tight spaces and is too heavy to move around without the drive. Chute is a good enough size but Im not sure how well it will work in damp or wet conditions as it is very long and seems like a far distance the clippings will have to travel from the start of the chute to the catcher.
    Cant give too much info as far as specks or if Masport are onto a winner yet as its going to take a bit of getting use to this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    I just bought one of these mowers today . They are a beast of a mower but extremely heavy. Supposedly 40kgs but I think that is not including the dry weight of the engine which is 17kg. Gear box is so strong that i cannot hold the mower when engaged. I dont like the engage handle , i think it should be a lever type on either one side or smaller and on the inside middle of the handle bar as its not easy to control this mower in tight spaces and is too heavy to move around without the drive. Chute is a good enough size but Im not sure how well it will work in damp or wet conditions as it is very long and seems like a far distance the clippings will have to travel from the start of the chute to the catcher.
    Cant give too much info as far as specks or if Masport are onto a winner yet as its going to take a bit of getting use to this machine.
    Thanks Glen. It was sounding good to me when looked into it UNTIL I saw how heavy they are. I don't use them for heaps of larger lawns just on bigger days when I feel a little lazy. Starting to be most days now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast