Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Ride On Front Wheels Circlips

Default Ride On Front Wheels Circlips

Some may have read in Husky Battery post yesterday I had a front wheel come off the axle, first time for me.
    This Husky 42in ride-on has only done 450 odd hours, but the right front circlip came off.
    I'm going to replace the clips and carry a couple of spares.
    That clip takes a pounding with the constant turns and manual steering with fat tyres.
    Rotate/flip your clips so the inner edge of the clip becomes the outer edge and re clip in.
    The inner clip edge facing the motor remains as good as new, the outer edge is worn and rounded. Ideally new clips are better, but as a quick fix rotating them may stop what happened yesterday.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Ride On Front Wheels Circlips

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Some may have read in Husky Battery post yesterday I had a front wheel come off the axle, first time for me.
    This Husky 42in ride-on has only done 450 odd hours, but the right front circlip came off.
    I'm going to replace the clips and carry a couple of spares.
    That clip takes a pounding with the constant turns and manual steering with fat tyres.
    Rotate/flip your clips so the inner edge of the clip becomes the outer edge and re clip in.
    The inner clip edge facing the motor remains as good as new, the outer edge is worn and rounded. Ideally new clips are better, but as a quick fix rotating them may stop what happened yesterday.
    Or get a Hustler

Nah, I kinda want to down size and enjoy more days off than the currently.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Nah, not if petrol refills are 50Ltrs and it guzzles like this.
    Only 36 ltrs refill

But quite economical @ 8 ltrs per hr or so

On a few of my commercial jobs the new Super Z has taken 30% off my mowing time.

Some of the bigger more open jobs it has been slightly more at 35+%

It is a 12inch bigger deck also

geez, l hope there's is more than just clips holding the rims on......

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Only 36 ltrs refill

But quite economical @ 8 ltrs per hr or so

On a few of my commercial jobs the new Super Z has taken 30% off my mowing time.

Some of the bigger more open jobs it has been slightly more at 35+%

It is a 12inch bigger deck also
    I re read your earlier 50ltr post and it was a monthly fill, so a quickly edited it, but you got to see it. I would only have two jobs for such equipment and one is a large historic still operating church re their grounds. Yep it would cut down my time.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    geez, l hope there's is more than just clips holding the rims on......
    Yep, Horse shoe shaped spring circlips (Ring Clip), got two from Husky dealer today and the one that came off was well worn. Went to the husky dealer and $12 bucks for 2, your joking, so got charged $10, Bunnings would have had 6 or so in a pack for that, but couldn't be bothered to travel the extra distance to Bunnings.

Even a Honda 216 has a threaded bolt, and had to knock off after me first job today with pains in stomach due to the lift to get the wheel on. Stupid me I should have walked back to the hilux and got the jack.
    Learnt a lesson from it to replace them more often or check which way they are put on if wheel have taken off at any stage especially seeing I fitted new tyres last year and did some welding at J part of the axle at the time.
    Cheers Garry

is there enough axle protruding to drill holes and fit large washers and split pins?

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    is there enough axle protruding to drill holes and fit large washers and split pins?
    Yes, heaps of room, I had to weld a spare washer to each front next to the “J” curve of the axles last year to stop the spacers trying to creep into the curve. Have 3 thick spacers on inside and one thick one on the outer. So plenty of room and the 3 on inside can still remain. Whilst still have room to drill, retainer outer spacer/washer and split pin it.
    Top idea -thanks.
    Cheers Garry