Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Best 19" self propelled mower

Very Helpful Member

Default Best 19" self propelled mower

As the title says I'm looking for a light weight 19" self propelled mower that's not to slow
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Default Re: Best 19" self propelled mower

victa with the 850 is what i have but yep its slow but at 63 i am slow also lol .....i also have the victa with the DOV motor its a bit quicker but again old and slow is the way for me ....for the price 750 bucks odd good value for money ...

the new victa commercial would be my pick too

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

No such thing as a lightweight mower these days. The Hondas have just got heavier and heavier. As soon as you say commercial, the manufacturers build the mowers along military tank specifications. Maybe the Masports could be the best option but I think they only come with Briggs motors.

Well this may shock some folk here, but here goes, I have a cheap lightweight domestic 18" 909 brand mower from Masters 2012.
    I don't use it very often but crikey it does an ok job for me, and really light to use. When the rover 560 or the John Deere js48 are just awkward to use on smallish jobs with lots of obstacle's. I think it cost about $200.

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

I've got a Masport selfpropelled designated mulch mower, with Briggs 750 on it. Initially I didn't think it'd last but going on 4yrs now. I put a victor snorkel on all my mowers and I think that helps. Years back Briggs motors didn't last long.

I bought an old Honda HRU194 self propelled as a light back up rotary mower. It was $250 second hand from Gumtree. It's light. It's not a commercial mower but it seems like it's a good buy for $250.

Rover procut 50 are much lighter than other sp.mine has 910 motor,is fairly thirsty but still going well after at least 2 years of flogging.