Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a Lawn Mowing business just before winter.

Default Re: Starting a Lawn Mowing business just before winter.

Thanks so much for all that info Garry, plenty to think about, some great ideas, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lamlamchris View Post
    Thanks so much for all that info Garry, plenty to think about, some great ideas, cheers.
    One other thing is I planned to have a basic website that I never built as the business got of the ground rather quickly. But my business name that would be used for the website I have paid the small fee to secure and block anyone from using it in the dot com, dot net. etc au formats. The business name I used could be used by many as it would suit many areas. The name is registered off course and website blocked for me only if ever needed. My daughter's long time partners runs a successful IT business, so not far to go to get a website if needed.
    Cheers Garry

Finally, I can't stand facebook so I have nothing to offer in that media of advertising.

But work up Google to your advantage, so that when people search your area for mowing your business shows up in the top 3. Potential customers searching rarely click to search more places/business and look at the top 3 only. Drop out of the top 3 and phones goes dead if you have no advertising to support, get back into top 3 and the phone starts ringing again. If you can afford the rates and I don't know the rates advertise with them (google) and you will appear at top of the google search page every time. But that's an ongoing cost one wants to avoid.

Glad not too many people visit the Newbie section with all the info posted.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Finally, I can't stand facebook so I have nothing to offer in that media of advertising.

But work up Google to your advantage, so that when people search your area for mowing your business shows up in the top 3. Potential customers searching rarely click to search more places/business and look at the top 3 only. Drop out of the top 3 and phones goes dead if you have no advertising to support, get back into top 3 and the phone starts ringing again. If you can afford the rates and I don't know the rates advertise with them (google) and you will appear at top of the google search page every time. But that's an ongoing cost one wants to avoid.

Glad not too many people visit the Newbie section with all the info posted.
    Ok, didn’t think of google, will look into it. I would think the only people who visited the newbie section would be paid up members, fingers crossed. You’ve been a great help, thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12