Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Autumn for Adelaide

Default No Autumn for Adelaide

Looks like there will be no Autumn for Adelaide this year,seen it before and no bonus growing spree to fill out pockets.
    We haven't seen much rain here for a long time and most of my jobs are dry.
    Looks like we will go from summer straight into winter in May -June then it'll get cold and grass goes dormant on us,and we'll have 4 weekly cuts continue and more contractors will go bust.

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: No Autumn for Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    No Autumn for Melbourne

Looks like there will be no Autumn for Melbourne this year,seen it before and no bonus growing spree to fill out pockets.
    We haven't seen much rain here for a long time and most of my jobs are dry.
    Looks like we will go from summer straight into winter in May -June then it'll get cold and grass goes dormant on us,and we'll have 4 weekly cuts continue and more contractors will go bust.
    Corrected your post
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

WoW you guys having same problem

yep its over, not real rain even coming, I'm enjoying the the slow time, last year had lots of summer rain and mowed 2 weekly from September to June happy to be doing less this year.

I'm just cutting them extra higher and letting the night dew keep them going.

No Autumn for Along Murray Twin Border Region

Looks like there will be no Autumn for Along Murray Twin Borders this year,seen it before and no bonus growing spree to fill out pockets.
    We haven't seen much rain here for a long time and most of my jobs can't be mowed and are Ready for Harvesting.
    Another correction there, all in good fun Beetlejuice..

Thank the goodo's I've good a good mix of Res/Com customers who don't care for the water bill and still have me fortnightly + full garden maintenance, but the slow down is real enough to enable me to take the van away this Friday for 5 days. But the fake Autumn leaves are starting to fall so that fills out the front pockets somewhat. Rear pockets will need some rain very soon, but that's not on the radar.
    Every day is over 30 and 31 again tomorrow and 35 Wednesday, Did a church grounds today with the ride on around midday and was sweating in the temp's & full sun.
    Cheers Garry

Been dry as a nun's beer fridge here too.....30 everyday this week until Sunday - crazy weather

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Been dry as a nun's beer fridge here too.....30 everyday this week until Sunday - crazy weather
    Not quite a Nun, But I worked for a highly ranked Priest, man of the cloth who often would be interviewed by media or officiated at high ranking events for many years mowing and gardening for him up until last year.
    I can tell you his bar fridge was better stocked than mine every visit. Great bloke, down to earth and one felt so comfortable having a chat with and the riveting stories he could tell.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    Its not crazy anymore Redeye, its the new normal.

With all these corrections i'll need to spell check more often

Very Helpful Member

zith ael thise corlectians i'll ndee ti spall chckck mort aftn
    Just glad I was able to copy and paste this before you did do the spell check and fix it
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

With all these corrections i'll need to spell check more often
    That response "cracked me up" when I saw it and still makes me laugh now..
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Not quite a Nun, But I worked for a highly ranked Priest, man of the cloth who often would be interviewed by media or officiated at high ranking events for many years mowing and gardening for him up until last year.
    I can tell you his bar fridge was better stocked than mine every visit. Great bloke, down to earth and one felt so comfortable having a chat with and the riveting stories he could tell.
    Mate I went to Marist Brothers and I kid you not the brewery truck used to come once a week and deliver more grog than a pub would use in a week.

As far as priests go I have zero respect for any of them, farken scumbags

This one I mentioned is a Chaplain in the Australian Defence Force Army ranked "Lieutenant Colonel" and an ex NSW Police Officer prior to the Cloth Training. Posted to many overseas war zones including Afghanistan, he had my upmost respect and always will.
    Cheers Garry

39.3 degrees today 10/4/18 . only 5 mm for the year so far

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsuzanne View Post
    39.3 degrees today 10/4/18 . only 5 mm for the year so far
    Its been a shocker inland for us folks this year re rain, but only getting the slow down this week thankfully for me.
    This Saturday has had a soft rain/shower forecast all week, but each day the forecast is getting more "yes it will happen". Just logged in to Bom and now up to 20mm with heavy falls possible at 90%, This morning they said up to 12mm at 90%, so its looking good.

Just checked your area and basically nothing again forecast - bugger. Don't know how you get thorough summer as your usually 2-3deg more than us and even more longer spells of it. I've got some out of town properties where I have to carry a refillable 9kg fire extinguisher to be legal in fire season and got to use it once when burning stubble from the days prior flared up. City folks don't know what real heat can be like day in, day out and a cool change gives you a 5 degree drop to 35deg before its back up to 40-41 next day or 44 for you.

Adelaide is forecast for a little rain for BJ.
    Cheers Garry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast