Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What your Profit Per Hour over 12 months ?

Default Re: What your Profit Per Hour over 12 months ?

I keep a track of all hours including going on Lawn Care sites like this, I expect to get paid for every hour involved in the business. I know all expenses and all hours for the year, and my target income. If you were working for someone else you would demand to get paid for every hour.

No good working 2500 hour for $40,000 a year Profit that's only $16 a hour,

1st Year i did 1500 hours @ $26 per hour Profit Per Hour

2nd Year i did 2000 hours @ $25 per hour Profit Per Hour

Now i do 1500 hours a year @ $36 per hour Profit Per Hour

I'm happy with that and worked hard to build it to that, i don't need to chasing every job anymore. i know the income i want and work to it, and have the extra time off. I have projected sales & profit for every year and just work to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    How about operator 3, he charges like operator 2 but, has less expenses/down time than operator 1 ?

Cheers Fred.
    I'm not set into any one Operator model, Charge out rates do vary, I try to get as much as possible, but I wont go below my set ""per hour Profit" knowing that number is important.

A Chef knows all costs, Expenses and Time for each plate, the manager add's the other business expense to the total and then Add's the profit margin they are seeking. Our job is simple we don't have 30 plates and product prices varying, we don't have all the restaurant expenses. But we do have Business and knowing the profit margin on everything we do is basic business.

Yes Operator 3 are great and you need them, i have them, big profit margin jobs $65 + per hour Profit. They help subsidies the pensioner jobs you enjoy to do because they are so happy that your there helping them, you have a long chat and even a coffee and cake, Home made Pastes last week Yum,

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    I keep a track of all hours including going on Lawn Care sites like this, I expect to get paid for every hour involved in the business. I know all expenses and all hours for the year, and my target income. If you were working for someone else you would demand to get paid for every hour.

No good working 2500 hour for $40,000 a year Profit that's only $16 a hour,

1st Year i did 1500 hours @ $26 per hour Profit Per Hour

2nd Year i did 2000 hours @ $25 per hour Profit Per Hour

Now i do 1500 hours a year @ $36 per hour Profit Per Hour

I'm happy with that and worked hard to build it to that, i don't need to chasing every job anymore. i know the income i want and work to it, and have the extra time off. I have projected sales & profit for every year and just work to that.

I'm not set into any one Operator model, Charge out rates do vary, I try to get as much as possible, but I wont go below my set ""per hour Profit" knowing that number is important.

A Chef knows all costs, Expenses and Time for each plate, the manager add's the other business expense to the total and then Add's the profit margin they are seeking. Our job is simple we don't have 30 plates and product prices varying, we don't have all the restaurant expenses. But we do have Business and knowing the profit margin on everything we do is basic business.

Yes Operator 3 are great and you need them, i have them, big profit margin jobs $65 + per hour Profit. They help subsidies the pensioner jobs you enjoy to do because they are so happy that your there helping them, you have a long chat and even a coffee and cake, Home made Pastes last week Yum,

Takes time but it can happen and we all do it a little differently

I just roll with it! Work as much as I want when I want, Spring time Oct - Dec is often hectic but S*** happens.
    Now starting to work 4 day weeks consistantly, have a period of three day weeks. Employees like the extra work.

Time to plan few 10-14 day hols. Off to Cairns again with wife to do what we did not last time as we were both a little sick.
    Off to Bali solo also late August. I'm sure it's changed a little since I last went 25 years ago so I may settle for somewhere quieter.

A few of you guys know the place. Is Ubud too quiet?? Will try another beach location as well

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    [/B]
    Off to Bali solo also late August. I'm sure it's changed a little since I last went 25 years ago so I may settle for somewhere quieter.

A few of you guys know the place. Is Ubud too quiet?? Will try another beach location as well
    Mate, you'd better go to Gili Island instead of Bali. Very relax and nice beaches. You could take boat from Bali. .

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    Mate, you'd better go to Gili Island instead of Bali. Very relax and nice beaches. You could take boat from Bali. .
    Don't wanna just lie about on a beach and do water activities.
    Don't wanna get ripped off being sold everything I don't need.
    Not into the night clubs and everything that goes with it in particular spots.

Will spend a few days on a beach somewhere.
    Will also spend a few days in Ubud. Plenty to see and do in this areas that in not just Kuta and Bali night life.

What else is there? I have 10 days, probably 4 in Ubud, 3 on a beach and 3??

Nusa dua, jimbaran, tanjung benoa.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Don't wanna get ripped off being sold everything I don't need.

Will spend a few days on a beach somewhere.

What else is there? I have 10 days, probably 4 in Ubud, 3 on a beach and 3??
    You always get ripped off in Bali.
    I was surprised when there, there were 2 pricings for local and international.
    As long as you can say "bli" then you are local

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12