Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Hand held leaf vacuum

Default Hand held leaf vacuum

Can anyone recommend a blower/vacuum that could be used on a soft fall synthetic surface to collect leaf a litter?
    Petrol, battery or electric - small wheeled or handheld . It needs to do a reasonable job for a quick run over weekly.
    It will most likely be left at the school. Even a cheaper domestic version if they do the job. Will only be used for 15mins max each time.
    We use the Billy goat to give it a good clean monthly but it is too time consuming and noisy to take and use in a school every week.

Default Re: Hand held leaf vacuum

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Can anyone recommend a blower/vacuum that could be used on a soft fall synthetic surface to collect leaf a litter?
    Petrol, battery or electric - small wheeled or handheld . It needs to do a reasonable job for a quick run over weekly.
    It will most likely be left at the school. Even a cheaper domestic version if they do the job. Will only be used for 15mins max each time.
    We use the Billy goat to give it a good clean monthly but it is too time consuming and noisy to take and use in a school every week.
    BUMP!

Looking at a new handheld for a back up. Are there any that you can add an attachment to collect leaf litter. Only a couple of small jobs I need it for but it would save getting the Billygoat out

I got one of these vac attachments for my BG86. Can't tell you if it's any good because I've never used it. I'd imagine it would be pretty savage on the plastic impeller.

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...BG-56-86).aspx

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    BUMP!

Looking at a new handheld for a back up. Are there any that you can add an attachment to collect leaf litter. Only a couple of small jobs I need it for but it would save getting the Billygoat out
    As above, try the stihl bg86 with vac attachments, i use it 2 or 3 times a week, its very good. If you are tall it's not very ergonomic ie bending over constantly. Try one out if you can first.

never used on but another mate raves on about his stih with the vac attachments, says its the best thing he has brought

Quote Originally Posted by stephenst View Post
    As above, try the stihl bg86 with vac attachments, i use it 2 or 3 times a week, its very good. If you are tall it's not very ergonomic ie bending over constantly. Try one out if you can first.
    Thanks guys!
    How easy to change to a vac and back again?

A few minutes. Just take off the blower tube & fit the bag & elbow in it's place. Then just open the guard at the impeller & fit the vac tube in there.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I got one of these vac attachments for my BG86. Can't tell you if it's any good because I've never used it. I'd imagine it would be pretty savage on the plastic impeller.

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...BG-56-86).aspx
    I've been using this a bit lately and getting to really like it.
    Thinking of putting a little set of trainer wheels on it to keep the tip off the concrete

sorry john.. i just sold the BG86 brand new vacuum attachment 3 weeks ago for $50

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    sorry john.. i just sold the BG86 brand new vacuum attachment 3 weeks ago for $50
    yeah but i realised it is a heavy bugger> dont want to use that as a back up blower