Guys,

Anyone got one in the 2017-2018 range.

I've a late 2014 SR5 D/Cab Auto with 60,000km on the clock with a few customised accessories on it including Alloy B/Bar in top condition as I look after it.
I also have a new current model up spec'd Yaris with factory Safety Sense Package in mint condition that has 2,350 kms on it. That's not being driven anymore by my wife and has sat at home for the past two months not used.

So I have the ability to trade both whilst putting some extra $$'s towards a 2018 Hilux whilst fitting the same accessories on it as I have now. Good deals for end of year whilst they are trying to flog the new Rogue and Rugged +X releases which I'm not interested in. Plus good for business outcomes. Deals are free on roads cost and $2,000 of free fitted gen accessories, plus whatever else clicks in during June EFY.

#1 Are you guys having DPF problems and there seems to many reports of it requiring repeated attention particularly the way we travel at slower speeds between jobs all day, everyday. Resulting in not doing enough freeway speed burn off.
#2 Next one is the 6th gears wanting to down shift on the freeways to 5th at the slightest of inclines. Plus if towing it likes to down shift out of 6th into 5th at an annoying rate on the flat runs.
#3 Plus I'm reading fuel economy is quite higher than my model which has the 3.0ltr D4. With the 2.8ltr being 2ltr per 100k more no matter how you drive even using the eco button where possible.
#4 Re the tailshaft issues from 2015 to 2017, it's my belief that's been sorted now in the past 3 years of the model release.

The Diesel Particle Filter is apparently worth heaps to replace out of warranty which is concerning some current owners how have had warranty jobs on the DPF

Interested in any feedback with Thanks and yes I've read the Hilux Forums and other more vehicle dedicated places which makes me want to sit with what I've got