Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tool Box Alarms

Default Re: Tool Box Alarms

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    you blokes can rap about expensive this at that ..insurance isn't that expensive nor the excess ..my excess is 250 and everything is insured for relpacemnet on road or at home....more than likely i will get a portable grinder on the road that cut my padlocks so dash cam won't stop that...as long as there is evidence of a break in the insurance will cover....as with public liability you have to have it if running a business....couple of lawn a month adequately covers the expense ...works for me anyway ....
    I have un-secured insurance so it I dont even have to lock it up, gear can be sitting on the trailer on the street, it cost $10 a month extra

Geoff,

I didn't think anyone including myself was attacking for being insured or not insured

I've 10 policies in total annually and 2 of those are expensive due to living in a high fire risk area and insured to the max in $ value for complete demolition and replacement. Collectively for me it's expensive but a must.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    I have un-secured insurance so it I dont even have to lock it up, gear can be sitting on the trailer on the street, it cost $10 a month extra
    Sounds good
    Who's that with?
    What's the excess and have you ever had to claim?

Anyone have locks that open with the vehicle remote locking?

Better make sure insurance companies are part of my superannuation investment plan!!!:whipi

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Geoff,

I didn't think anyone including myself was attacking for being insured or not insured

I've 10 policies in total annually and 2 of those are expensive due to living in a high fire risk area and insured to the max in $ value for complete demolition and replacement. Collectively for me it's expensive but a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Sounds good
    Who's that with?
    What's the excess and have you ever had to claim?
    Thats with AAMI, exccess is $250, Havent had a business claim but a couple of domestic claims, AAMI are a big players they seem to pay out no problems, a couple of vehicle claim with no issues through them.

sorry John thought you had retired lol
    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Better make sure insurance companies are part of my superannuation investment plan!!!:whipi

Cheers .,..,.,..,.,.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    sorry John thought you had retired lol
    I understand mate!! You are a St Kilda supporter

Thats with AAMI, exccess is $250, Havent had a business claim but a couple of domestic claims, AAMI are a big players they seem to pay out no problems, a couple of vehicle claim with no issues through them.
    Thanks.... had a look... only catch is there's a 2k limit with those types of claims... good if someone pinched new mower but maybe not worthwhile for just a blower lol

If anyone is with RACV ... they now give online quotes (previously only over phone)
    while shopping around I noticed my premium was 150-200 more than quoted online... called up and got pro rata refund for remainder of my policy.

Also there is a clause in their 'tools cover' that excludes any self propelled implement... so technically that includes mowers...

Thanks.... had a look... only catch is there's a 2k limit with those types of claims... good if someone pinched new mower but maybe not worthwhile for just a blower lol
    Dont know what your talking about, my blow is $ 1,000
    Unspecified Items (up to $2,500 any one item)
    Ride on's are specified and agreed value as Vehicle's

2k limit per claim where no forced entry shown ...

My point being after excess and premiums claiming for a handheld blower not worthwhile.

Also (cut n paste) :
    Theft of Portable and Valuable Items without forced entry
    This optional insurance provides you with up to $2,000 of cover for theft of portable items:
    During loading or unloading of property insured
    Theft of unsecured portable items within the perimeter fencing at a worksite
    Theft of portable items from a vehicle when the worksite regulations prevent you from locking the vehicle

So you're not actually covered if you deliberately leave unlocked while working if parked on street

If anyone is with RACV ... they now give online quotes (previously only over phone)
    while shopping around I noticed my premium was 150-200 more than quoted online... called up and got pro rata refund for remainder of my policy.

Also there is a clause in their 'tools cover' that excludes any self propelled implement... so technically that includes mowers...
    Spoke with RACV today to clarify the above... new policies don't have that exclusion.... If your policy number begins with 'ET' then you may want to check out the new cover... I've found it much more comprehensive for me and will get much more value out of it

Hopefully this helps anyone else with RACV

until your first claim, then the premium skyrockets
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12