Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invoicing and Tax

Default Invoicing and Tax

I use an invoice system called Invoice2go. It's been good. It has all my clients details on it, tracks my quartley and yearly earnings that I use for my tax.

I don't have to print out invoices on my printer and deliver them to a client, I have the Invoice2go app on my phone. When I've finished mowing I open the Invoice2go app and find my client and email the invoice to them. It also lets me send out over 800 invoices a year.

I would keep using it but they are increasing their price of $100 to over $500 a year, so it's no longer cost effective for me.

So my question is, does anyone use a product similar to what I have described above and what price do you pay. I don't want something that doesn't run smoothly and would prefer suggestions from someone who has been using the product for a while rather than a newbie that has jumped on the web and used a product for a couple of months that is free.

Cheers

Default Re: Invoicing and Tax

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    I use an invoice system called Invoice2go. It's been good. It has all my clients details on it, tracks my quartley and yearly earnings that I use for my tax.

I don't have to print out invoices on my printer and deliver them to a client, I have the Invoice2go app on my phone. When I've finished mowing I open the Invoice2go app and find my client and email the invoice to them. It also lets me send out over 800 invoices a year.

I would keep using it but they are increasing their price of $100 to over $500 a year, so it's no longer cost effective for me.

So my question is, does anyone use a product similar to what I have described above and what price do you pay. I don't want something that doesn't run smoothly and would prefer suggestions from someone who has been using the product for a while rather than a newbie that has jumped on the web and used a product for a couple of months that is free.

Cheers
    l do the old fashioned way tax invoice books from post office

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post

Cheers
    I use invoice2go it has three pricings plans depending on how many invoices you use i don't know how you can say it's jumping $400?...also if your sending over 800 invoices a year S500 seems quite fair.

I used to use invoice2go as well, but lost interest when their prices went up. I now use Wave invoicing: https://www.waveapps.com/invoicing It has a phone app and can also access it on the PC as well. The only thing the phone app cant do is Quotes.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Blair i know where are coming from as i also use invoice to go ..I have quickbooks online which do the total tax information bas etc etc but also does a invoice from your iPhone on site and the same as invoice to go but with all tax u need ...it has a auto update from your bank account so there no need to manually enter each payment received/ expense item generated...ti me it so easy to use and a couple of clicks staple the receipts ( has the ability to snap your receipts on iPhone cam ) ...i am getting rid of invoice to go and just use quickbooks for all....and its a montley fee of 16.50 which is bloody cheap considering what it does..bas is just a click now and end of year is so easy...my advice ..get it . being cloud based it works on computer iphone and iPad..being cloud android is ok as well...love it...

Sounds good and a good price. Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Blair i know where are coming from as i also use invoice to go ..I have quickbooks online which do the total tax information bas etc etc but also does a invoice from your iPhone on site and the same as invoice to go but with all tax u need ...it has a auto update from your bank account so there no need to manually enter each payment received/ expense item generated...ti me it so easy to use and a couple of clicks staple the receipts ( has the ability to snap your receipts on iPhone cam ) ...i am getting rid of invoice to go and just use quickbooks for all....and its a montley fee of 16.50 which is bloody cheap considering what it does..bas is just a click now and end of year is so easy...my advice ..get it . being cloud based it works on computer iphone and iPad..being cloud android is ok as well...love it...
    Hi Geoff, Looks really good. I like the idea of an auto update from your bank account. Your right 16.50 a month is bloody cheap, I'll have a look. Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    I used to use invoice2go as well, but lost interest when their prices went up. I now use Wave invoicing: https://www.waveapps.com/invoicing It has a phone app and can also access it on the PC as well. The only thing the phone app cant do is Quotes.
    Thanks mate I had a look at Wave last night, not sure about it yet, I'll keep mucking around with it and see how it goes.

Been using MYOB basic's sole trader version since 2010. Paid for it once at Office works in 2010 sub $300 and have never paid anything since. I keep a dedicated Window 7 desk top to run it and keep that puter clean of stuff outside of the business.
    The program was set up to match the Yearly accountant's financial formats. A MYOB trainer trained me initially and set up MYOB on my PC. Also Wendy from the forum here helped me back then. MYOB e-mail often any offers or what I may need to know.
    I don't have app invoice on the go and for me, I e-mail the invoices upon getting home ad get them out before 6.00pm usually. I wouldn't have time to sit in the dual cab writing up invoices after each job. For me its get to the next job and the next and get home. Plus many of my jobs are the house next door to current job in multi locations on both sides of the Border.

Must say I thought I could get MYOB up and running myself back in 2010. But it was like being bamboozelled at the helm of a Klingon Battlecruiser at first until the trainer trained me and it didn't take many lessons to understand it including BAS, EOFY & Depreciation enteries at end of year.

Whatever works for each individual and at the lowest cost.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Been using MYOB basic's sole trader version since 2010. Paid for it once at Office works in 2010 sub $300 and have never paid anything since. I keep a dedicated Window 7 desk top to run it and keep that puter clean of stuff outside of the business.
    The program was set up to match the Yearly accountant's financial formats. A MYOB trainer trained me initially and set up MYOB on my PC. Also Wendy from the forum here helped me back then. MYOB e-mail often any offers or what I may need to know.
    I don't have app invoice on the go and for me, I e-mail the invoices upon getting home ad get them out before 6.00pm usually. I wouldn't have time to sit in the dual cab writing up invoices after each job. For me its get to the next job and the next and get home. Plus many of my jobs are the house next door to current job in multi locations on both sides of the Border.

Must say I thought I could get MYOB up and running myself back in 2010. But it was like being bamboozelled at the helm of a Klingon Battlecruiser at first until the trainer trained me and it didn't take many lessons to understand it including BAS, EOFY & Depreciation enteries at end of year.

Whatever works for each individual and at the lowest cost.
    yep what ever works gaz..i love invoicing after each site takes me mmm 30 secs ..when i get home i just chilling well almost grandkids, photography ( ,my second self employed business now ), mrs ...but seroiusly i get paid before i get home ... thing about this its in the cloud so if computer crashes or lose phone the info is still there from any device ...cracking programme that even this old fart can work....

I learnt quite early in the piece to get the invoices out before the 2nd coldie was topped. I made a few cut n paste & date mistakes in my first year.

More rain tonight on top of 23mm yesterday, maybe I should be doing invoices on the go.
    Cheers Garry

one positive of the dry i take is it kills off the clover and the beer bobs lol

Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    I use waveapps too��

I use Quickbooks.
    Hey thanks irishjim for the referral at Carss Park a couple weeks ago
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

No worries Dean!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast