Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Glyphosate on 4 corners tonight.

Default Glyphosate on 4 corners tonight.

ABC 8.30pm

Cheers Fred.

Default Re: Glyphosate on 4 corners tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    ABC 8.30pm

Cheers Fred.
    check it out sterlo. have another bath and grow some more b***s

gotta say spraying 500 gallons in the morning then another in the afternoon no matter what it is ,,its gunna make some impact on your health....this programme targeted the big users not the small amounts we use in comparison...sure we need a proper testing of the product but after 30 years using it with proper precautions nothing other than my 2 dicks i have trouble with...in my younger days on the farm we used agent orange daily and thats a killer that one....seriously I see many chemicals that we use are a danger and if you have the wrong DNA bad luck....safety precautions are a must as with washing yours hands after a crap or dealing with a sick family member and not taking precautions....glyspso maybe is a problem but use it with precautions,,,,this programme never really dealt with the home gardener /pro gardener ..and sure monsanto are crooks as is most companies selling stuff like fags , grog etc etc...use wisely and safely ! have used slasher a lot as well for commercial advantage reasons but is more expensive but calms the customers with pets and kids schools grounds etc....

Very Helpful Member

It's on the World Health Organisations probable carcinogens list
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thumbs up Re: Glyphosate on 4 corners tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    gotta say spraying 500 gallons in the morning then another in the afternoon no matter what it is ,,its gunna make some impact on your health....this programme targeted the big users not the small amounts we use in comparison...sure we need a proper testing of the product but after 30 years using it with proper precautions nothing other than my 2 dicks i have trouble with...in my younger days on the farm we used agent orange daily and thats a killer that one....seriously I see many chemicals that we use are a danger and if you have the wrong DNA bad luck....safety precautions are a must as with washing yours hands after a crap or dealing with a sick family member and not taking precautions....glyspso maybe is a problem but use it with precautions,,,,this programme never really dealt with the home gardener /pro gardener ..and sure monsanto are crooks as is most companies selling stuff like fags , grog etc etc...use wisely and safely ! have used slasher a lot as well for commercial advantage reasons but is more expensive but calms the customers with pets and kids schools grounds etc....
    Just about says it all! Common sense really - but that's another topic

But I think most guys under 30 won't give a s*** until they have Geoff or Sterlos problem.

I didn't watch 4 corners but stumbled across this:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/d...cancer-2018-10

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle. Will we ever know? Probably not. The corporations will keep you in the dark.

From what I understand Monsanto don't own rights to Glypho anymore. Wouldn't put it past them to be spruiking a new product that is more profitable and probably even more carcinogenic.

Let's face it. Wouldn't trust anyone these days so if some mob tells you the latest you ripper organic weed killer is safe why would you believe that over past data on glypho? Glypho is cheap and available to all.

I'm reluctant to use any weed spray now. I used to spray without even asking. People are more worried about there pets than they are about the worker or themselves.

**** its dry.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    The answer is probably somewhere in the middle. Will we ever know? Probably not. The corporations will keep you in the dark.

From what I understand Monsanto don't own rights to Glypho anymore. Wouldn't put it past them to be spruiking a new product that is more profitable and probably even more carcinogenic.

Let's face it. Wouldn't trust anyone these days so if some mob tells you the latest you ripper organic weed killer is safe why would you believe that over past data on glypho? Glypho is cheap and available to all.

I'm reluctant to use any weed spray now. I used to spray without even asking. People are more worried about there pets than they are about the worker or themselves.

**** its dry.
    Yeah exactly

Maybe not as bad as other states but it's dry in Melbourne too...

I'm more concerned about all the dust we breathe in
    Last couple of years have been wearing dust masks on almost every job... best thing I've done

Who's to say its not all a conspiracy ? How do we really know ?

Cheers Fred.

Ooooh.... I'm liking that article. Think I'll be sharing it often

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Who's to say its not all a conspiracy ? How do we really know ?

Cheers Fred.
    Yeah - those greedy independent lawnies colluding to cover up an inconvenient truth
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Yeah exactly

Maybe not as bad as other states but it's dry in Melbourne too...

I'm more concerned about all the dust we breathe in
    Last couple of years have been wearing dust masks on almost every job... best thing I've done
    I now use these most of the time except when it's wet. >https://wolfsnout.net/

The elastic stretches and needs replacing but also got quite a few on ebay at a good price

A bit hard to breathe occasionally when I am blowing hard but that's not often these days

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    I now use these most of the time except when it's wet. >https://wolfsnout.net/

The elastic stretches and needs replacing but also got quite a few on ebay at a good price

A bit hard to breathe occasionally when I am blowing hard but that's not often these days
    Ive been using these:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-60x-P...53.m1438.l2649

Bit annoying but so much better than breathing in crap all day

Worth switching to wolfsnout?

the wolfsnout is the only one l can handle....and the elastic is sh1t alright

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Thanks... damn postage from states is a killer

Thanks... damn postage from states is a killer
    I was getting them from a motor cylce shop on ebay at one stage. Used in dirt bike racing. Were about $35 I think. Cant find them now.

I have about 30 right in front of me on the desk Got them on ebay a while ago cheap