Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Height scalped kikuyu lawn

Thumbs up Re: Height scalped kikuyu lawn

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Not if the wife finds out how much it costs!
    Got about 50 sq mtrs to do
    http://www.southeastmowing.com.au
    Mob: 0423 091 182

www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

Default Re: Height scalped kikuyu lawn

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    ed zacery Ian why would you use the right machine for the job...Jonny this is advice you should take on board....and funny you know it actually does a great job for good outcome and a vey safe one

Default Re: Height scalped kikuyu lawn

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs195461 View Post
    Hi all
    I've run the Honda over a kikuyu lawn, at the lowest level, it was very thatchy, but she didn't want to hire scarifier, got lots off it, I've applied scotts lawn builder fertiliser and we are now receiving lots of rain.
    My question is at what height should I aim for to keep it looking good, one or two notches above the lowest? I obviously can't keep it at the lowest as it would always scalp I'd imigane, any advice appreciated
    Cheers
    you have scalped it down thats great, using the mower is the best option for kikuya.

cut height for kikuya, i cut at 50mm green all summer, no weeds and doesnt biuld up thatch, my mower is either the Ride on or a Honda216 both are heavey enough for the wheels to sink in and keep it at that level. I dont have the dethach at all. A light mower wont keep kikuya down and will need dethaching annually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12