Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna 525BX Blower

Default Husqvarna 525BX Blower

My old Stihl BG86 bailed up on me yesterday so I got a Husky blower this morning to replace it.

On paper, the Husky has slightly more air volume and speed and is 200g lighter, but it's performance today was pretty similar to the Stihl.
    The Husky is quieter and doesn't seem to rev as high but it was blowing messy mulching clumps out as well as the Stihl.
    It has anti-vibe on the handle that works well.
    Like all of my Husky gear, it's easy to start.

Had a tinker with the old Stihl this arvo and it ran as good as new. I suspect it was just fuel vaporising which I have had issues with it before, but always managed to get it going.
    This year I am carrying my handheld gear in aluminum toolboxes and they get really hot, making the problem worse. But my husky line trimmer sitting right beside the Stihl blower doesn't have the same problem and that's why I went for the Husky blower.

Default Re: Husqvarna 525BX Blower

All my stihl equipment had problems transported in a locked tool box over 20deg + days,but when transported between jobs in open air it starts & runs fine.Problem was solved with circulating air..
    I have the Husky 128b and that thing does blow hard the same as the 86,but unfortunately they both have short lives

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    All my stihl equipment had problems transported in a locked tool box over 20deg + days,but when transported between jobs in open air it starts & runs fine.Problem was solved with circulating air..
    I have the Husky 128b and that thing does blow hard the same as the 86,but unfortunately they both have short lives
    All my whippies & blowers are like this. when raining I cover with a canvas tarp on trailer and ute.

My old toolbox had no floor & was sitting 1" off the tray so that must have been enough air circulation to keep things cool most days.

The old Stihl is into it's 9th season, so it's done well.

Crime is escalating in my area lately so I like to keep things hidden from view. Also hate tying down loose gear in the back of the ute.

I only get 2-3 years from a blower including the 86's,only Maruyama brand so far lasts the longest but not cheap ($)

I'm really disappointed with the Husky blower. It's in the shop again at the moment.
    Last time it went in, they found a fault with one of the carb mounting bolts, and fixed some problem that there was a Service Bulletin on, and said they fitted a new carb.
    It's done about one hour since then & the same fuel problems are happening again.
    I don't think it is the heat causing it as it wouldn't have been 30° when it bailed up on me this morning.

I’ve had problems with tool boxes and gear not cooling down I end up putting a couple or carpet tiles on the lid it made a big difference

The loose bolts near the carby is common on the Husky,there is a video showing how to rectify it.Which i did myself took about 20 mins and solved the problem.
    I keep the Husky blower out in the open air (pictured) as i do with other blowers i have,the trimmers be it the Honda 425,echo,Husky & 3 Stihl's all get a turn sitting in that black box throughout the year and they all suffered with heat anywhere from 20deg.
    I ended up installing 2 flip up hatches front and rear on top of the box so i had air coming in the front one and exiting the rear,my problems went away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    I’ve had problems with tool boxes and gear not cooling down I end up putting a couple or carpet tiles on the lid it made a big difference
    I store most of my gear on the trailer or ladder rack if on the ford ute. Always in the open and gets cooled down driving between jobs.
    In winter i cover some of it with tarps.
    Never really have a problem except for 2 particular whippies which dont like it much over 30c