Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EGO Gear

Default Re: EGO Gear

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    As I said to Sterlo tell him his dreaming lol mate my husky would kick your ego Jim’s sponsored wacking machine to the outhouse lol .. husky has come a long way since you seen them
    They'd want to, it was pretty bad ..... lol.

never had issue with speedfeed 425 & 325ilk. no single overheat and no loss of power
    i did have issue 425 & 536LilX . kept overheating

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    They'd want to, it was pretty bad ..... lol.
    second that!!!

once bitten, twice shy

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    second that!!!

once bitten, twice shy
    I only decided to go with the husky because I get good service from the dealer. Having said that I'd be more than happy not to have go back to the dealer with an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Ok
    I went to both demo days.
    Was a no brainer for me, Ego was half the price & twice the power.
    Had them a few years now with pretty much no problems.
    Ive heard plenty of complaints re Husky reliability & lack of power but, non on Ego.
    Next time I see you we can compare but, it might be a little embarrassing for you ...
    There's not much more to say ...........

Cheers Fred.

You have me worried now fred. I hope husky have turned a corner with the 325ilk. I just wish Sthil had of come up with a decent whipper snipper as an alternative to ego or husky. I waited and waited.

second that!!!

once bitten, twice shy
    so you have experienced the battery husky hey Johnny trouble is too many experts gobbing off on opinions when they haven't used the equipment.Pisses me greatly when people slagging stuff they nothing about but i guess you and fred are the experts on the subject buts whatever works for you blokes ...i just comment on what i have experience in ..just saying

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    I only decided to go with the husky because I get good service from the dealer. Having said that I'd be more than happy not to have go back to the dealer with an issue.
    mate just get a demo dont listen to hearsay ive got the lot and couldn't be happier and can give names of a lot of contractors that are happy ..a demo day is just that it doesn't give you the full picture...

so you have experienced the battery husky hey Johnny trouble is too many experts gobbing off on opinions when they haven't used the equipment.Pisses me greatly when people slagging stuff they nothing about but i guess you and fred are the experts on the subject buts whatever works for you blokes ...i just comment on what i have experience in ..just saying
    Certainly have geoffrey old boy! Got the basics, whippy, extended hedge, hand hedge, blower. That's it ATM, wont get anymore.
    As I have said previously I like the hedge trimmers - when they work! Whippy I put up with! Blower has its uses! Maybe ok for domestic and light commercial. I do not feel comfortable relying on them to earn my income. Great second tools with great benefits.
    The other thing with battery stuff is to make sure the shop you buy them from have service people with enough experience with battery gear. My hedge trimmer was fixed at shop ( apparently) but was not fixed properly until it came back from Husqvarna.

Certainly have geoffrey old boy! Got the basics, whippy, extended hedge, hand hedge, blower. That's it ATM, wont get anymore.
    As I have said previously I like the hedge trimmers - when they work! Whippy I put up with! Blower has its uses! Maybe ok for domestic and light commercial. I do not feel comfortable relying on them to earn my income. Great second tools with great benefits.
    The other thing with battery stuff is to make sure the shop you buy them from have service people with enough experience with battery gear. My hedge trimmer was fixed at shop ( apparently) but was not fixed properly until it came back from Husqvarna.
    That’s ok Jonny boy maybe I’ve been lucky and another 10 contractors I know well that have had great experiences with the husky stuff i
    Of late ... and I actually use them successfully on my commercials and I have a lot of high end office complexes... but mate what ever works for you that’s fine ... don’t want to criticise but maybe how you use them could be the reason why you are having problems me and my my 10 contrators don’t have that problem but that’s ok old boy

That’s ok Jonny boy maybe I’ve been lucky and another 10 contractors I know well that have had great experiences with the husky stuff i
    Of late ... and I actually use them successfully on my commercials and I have a lot of high end office complexes... but mate what ever works for you that’s fine ... don’t want to criticise but maybe how you use them could be the reason why you are having problems me and my my 10 contrators don’t have that problem but that’s ok old boy
    That's ok Geoffrey old boy I would really like them to work for me - problem is they don't work long and strong enough!
    Maybe that could be the problem Geoffrey but maybe you are just talking through your ....! Just saying

That's ok Geoffrey old boy I would really like them to work for me - problem is they don't work long and strong enough!
    Maybe that could be the problem Geoffrey but maybe you are just talking through your ....! Just saying
    Jonny boy that’s gold mate you should of bought the commercial products and not the cheap arse resi lol
    But you keep your petrol stuff ,I’ve done a bit if gardening in my 35 years and still learn everyday and go wit the times . Maybe you need a lesson on how to use garden equipment and gardening in general .. just saying but mate if it doesn’t work for you that’s your choice , couldnt be fcked on what you do actually just get a bit tired if your side Comments you make on people comments

Jonny boy that’s gold mate you should of bought the commercial products and not the cheap arse resi lol
    But you keep your petrol stuff ,I’ve done a bit if gardening in my 35 years and still learn everyday and go wit the times . Maybe you need a lesson on how to use garden equipment and gardening in general .. just saying but mate if it doesn’t work for you that’s your choice , couldnt be fcked on what you do actually just get a bit tired if your side Comments you make on people comments
    Do you mean NOT Husqvarna Geoffrey old boy?

If you look back at the husky battery equip thread you will see I have said a little about my displeasure with this equipment.

I have also said I absolutely love some of it "when it works"!

For my needs I compare it to Shindaiwa - Shindy wins hands down atm. It is still part of my equipment I use daily - I just don't rely upon it

I have no doubt battery equipment and Husqvarna will get there. Even though we are at the arse end of the earth it will trickle down to us eventually!!

Do you mean NOT Husqvarna Geoffrey old boy?

If you look back at the husky battery equip thread you will see I have said a little about my displeasure with this equipment.

I have also said I absolutely love some of it "when it works"!

For my needs I compare it to Shindaiwa - Shindy wins hands down atm. It is still part of my equipment I use daily - I just don't rely upon it

I have no doubt battery equipment and Husqvarna will get there. Even though we are at the arse end of the earth it will trickle down to us eventually!!
    Hey John, how is all that shindy gear that I sold you going ?
    Hopefully well, I loved it but, its not a patch on the Ego gear I use now.
    Just a matter of picking the right battery gear in the first place .......

Cheers Fred.

which items to you recommend in the ego equipment please
    thanks again ,Suzanne.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsuzanne View Post
    which items to you recommend in the ego equipment please
    thanks again ,Suzanne.
    All Ive found to be great, my fav is the leaf blower & I think the weakest link in the chain is the mower, although its fine for reg resi work.
    Biggest issue is battery run time/management. Master that & every thing else is a winner !

Cheers Fred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast