Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EGO Gear

Hybrid View

Default EGO Gear

Bought the new EGO 980m3h blower, carbon fibre whippy and steel deck push mower today. Got an awesome price and an extra battery thrown in. The blower is a deadset beast!! A bucket load more power than my old Stihl two stroke. Yet to use the other gear but will post once I have.

Default Re: EGO Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinelawns View Post
    Bought the new EGO 980m3h blower, carbon fibre whippy and steel deck push mower today. Got an awesome price and an extra battery thrown in. The blower is a deadset beast!! A bucket load more power than my old Stihl two stroke. Yet to use the other gear but will post once I have.
    How is the steel deck push mower? Saw one at the local hardware shop and it felt well balanced. Almost bought it until I realised it wasn't an SP.

I'm trying to decide between the plastic SP or the steel SP. I have seen the plastic SP assembled at the hardware store but not the steel SP.

The plastic SP feels a bit long at the nose and it still feels heavy for my liking.

Has anyone compared the Plastic and steel Sp or ideally does anyone own both? Which is more suited for lawny work? I know they are not commercial products but that doesn't worry me. I'm interested in which has the stronger motor and which is more durable as there are differences to the machines other than just deck construction.

I believe they have different motors, the steel one has a higher no load speed, lower minimum cut height, a slightly smaller rear bag, is slightly heavier and has a side disharge chute.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    How is the steel deck push mower? Saw one at the local hardware shop and it felt well balanced. Almost bought it until I realised it wasn't an SP.

I'm trying to decide between the plastic SP or the steel SP. I have seen the plastic SP assembled at the hardware store but not the steel SP.

The plastic SP feels a bit long at the nose and it still feels heavy for my liking.

Has anyone compared the Plastic and steel Sp or ideally does anyone own both? Which is more suited for lawny work? I know they are not commercial products but that doesn't worry me. I'm interested in which has the stronger motor and which is more durable as there are differences to the machines other than just deck construction.

I believe they have different motors, the steel one has a higher no load speed, lower minimum cut height, a slightly smaller rear bag, is slightly heavier and has a side disharge chute.
    Stevo, I can't tell you the diff in performance or durability between the steel & the plastic models but, with the steel its interesting to note the diff between sp & push.
    The cost diff is a couple of hundred bucks but, if you take into account the battery sizes that come with each kit, in effect, the diff for sp is less than $100.
    Id def go sp even though we don't really need it, gives you the option.
    Its only (I think) 2-3kg heavier, so if you were using it as a push, I don't think you would really tell the diff.

Cheers Fred.

Mate it is really good. I thought it would struggle to get through fairly thick sir walter buffalo that was 6 weeks old but it made it easily. I looked at the plastic but didn't like the look of it and wanted something that would last. The rear bag is deceiving and is actually bigger than it looks. Holds a ****load. I didn't need the SP so it was just overkill.

The whippy is awesome to use as well. I'm really happy with all of the EGO gear.

Very Helpful Member
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post

Interesting. Must be a big bloke riding that mower cause it looks like a toy but the specs are saying it is 38inch 96.5cm cutting width.

Minimum cut is 38mm which could be an issue for some lawns/weeds.

Be curious to know what the weight is. Or more to the point why they decided not to list the weight in the specs.

Looks like EGo have brought out a twin battery version in the US. Been trying to figure out if it available in Aus. Apparently a guy in the US is saying the twin battrey version is more powerful than the single battery versions.

that'd be great for home owners.....being from the ryobi conglomerate, it probably has better quality control than ego with its batteries, and certainly better warranty

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    that'd be great for home owners.....being from the ryobi conglomerate, it probably has better quality control than ego with its batteries, and certainly better warranty
    They are lead acid batteries, 4 12v car batteries.

Below is a cut and paste from an EGO forum. Sounds like the dual battery version could be the go but only if it is in the steel deck version and if and when it becomes available in AUS.

Hello EGO Community! We’d like to take this opportunity to clear the air regarding our new Dual Battery Mower. Since there has been a great deal of interest and a bit of confusion surrounding this mower, let’s jump into the facts straightaway.

-This mower’s motor is brushless.
    -This mower is rated at 1200W.
    -This mower’s PeakPowerTM technology delivers more torque, longer run times, and a more efficient power draw.
    -This is the most powerful brushless motor in the entire EGO Power+ mower lineup.

You’ll want to note that all of these statements have been confirmed by our engineering team. Also, the Steel Deck Self-Propelled Mower is rated at 1000W. Our apologies for any misunderstanding.

Thank you for your involvement in the EGO community and please, keep up the great conversation!

Very Helpful Member

Weight: 595 lbs/270kg
    $2700 in U.S.A so expect about $6000 here
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

48v 75amp lithium battery cost would be a hell of a lot more than the mower......horses for courses

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Very Helpful Member

Just saw this if anyone is interested bike handle ego brushcutter skin $169 delivered http://www.tradetools.com/ego-56cm-3...BoCoDgQAvD_BwE

ZERO TURN EV

it's coming..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GmY3UQQglM

lts a start l guess, be good to see a fair dinkum review

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    lts a start l guess, be good to see a fair dinkum review

Looks promising.
    Anyone know what the price will be?
    Had a look at the manual.
    Mower Weight is 185kg. I don't know if that is with ot without batteries.
    Says do not tow a cart that exceeds 113kg. The car in that youtube ad must of been really light!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast