Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EGO Gear

Default Re: EGO Gear

Gravely have a EV mower that is properly commercial......very very exxy too, $US26g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtlqx2-Zi0E

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Default EGO Gear

I notice Husky have a new combi trimmer which appears to have a gear box rather than the motor in the head like the 520ilx. I think the ego also has a gear box. Anyone fitted a speed feed to either of these or any other for that matter and how does it affect the operation?

This youtube video answered my question about the Husky. This guy has put a speed feed on it. Interesting that he mentions it has more power because I noticed in the specs the noise rating is higher than the 520ilx which to me indicates more power. The specs don't have the vibration figures. Do multi tools vibrate more than the non multi due to the two splines. I'd still like to know if the EGO takes a speed feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m6fGN3xfpM

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    This youtube video answered my question about the Husky. This guy has put a speed feed on it. Interesting that he mentions it has more power because I noticed in the specs the noise rating is higher than the 520ilx which to me indicates more power. The specs don't have the vibration figures. Do multi tools vibrate more than the non multi due to the two splines. I'd still like to know if the EGO takes a speed feed.

Some model EGO line trimmers come with a speed feed head, others (the ones with the motor at the head) don't.

Cheers Fred.

Impressive,be about the only one that i'd lean towards.If it balanced well between the gearbox and motor end then it would be even better.

been using 325ilk for nearly 6 mth. Use speedfeed 425

love it... very powerful probably more power than my 525RJD

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post

how do you find the vibration compared to petrol?

I have one as well. This machine is equivalent to a 25 cc petrol with perfect balance and buggar all vibration . I use the 9 ah battery which goes all day . I have 5 ah for the hedger blower and chainsaw . It has three power settings and I normally use the low one but sometimes use 2 for thicker edges , top speed Rios the skin of a rice pudding lol perfect for long grass .
    Being a multi tool makes it vesitile. I too love this machine .

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I have one as well. This machine is equivalent to a 25 cc petrol with perfect balance and buggar all vibration . I use the 9 ah battery which goes all day . I have 5 ah for the hedger blower and chainsaw . It has three power settings and I normally use the low one but sometimes use 2 for thicker edges , top speed Rios the skin of a rice pudding lol perfect for long grass .
    Being a multi tool makes it vesitile. I too love this machine .
    This sounds good.

Bit the bullet on a 325ilk today. Unit is on backorder. Ouch. Pricey.

Surprised that are you using a 425. I would have thought being a 25cc equivalent that a 375 might be more suitable. Have you tried a 375 on it?

Hey Geoff, what head are you using on yours?

Surprised that are you using a 425. I would have thought being a 25cc equivalent that a 375 might be more suitable. Have you tried a 375 on it?

Hey Geoff, what head are you using on yours?
    using a 375 always used that size and this works a treat .

Bit the bullet on a 325ilk today. Unit is on backorder. Ouch. Pricey.
    tell me about it ive now top handle chainsaw hedger pole saw blower and whippy with one 9 ah and 3 5 ah batteries ...theres some serious dollars in that lot but so far i am very pleased with performance and ease of operation.The secret is to make sure when you get home charge the batteries , the husky charger does it in quick time .I wouldn't wantt to run around with one battery though you would be found wanting.You can get a trickle charge from the cig lighter but i haven't bothered with that.Intilly I got the hedger charger and 9ah battery and got the top handle chainy for half price ..from there i went onto the multi probably should of just got the multi and plug in the hedger attachment rather than dedicated one but that ok// I reckon we should start a conversation between the EGO boys ( freddy lol ) and us Husky men hahaha

Unhappy Re: EGO Gear

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    tell me about it ive now top handle chainsaw hedger pole saw blower and whippy with one 9 ah and 3 5 ah batteries ...theres some serious dollars in that lot but so far i am very pleased with performance and ease of operation.The secret is to make sure when you get home charge the batteries , the husky charger does it in quick time .I wouldn't wantt to run around with one battery though you would be found wanting.You can get a trickle charge from the cig lighter but i haven't bothered with that.Intilly I got the hedger charger and 9ah battery and got the top handle chainy for half price ..from there i went onto the multi probably should of just got the multi and plug in the hedger attachment rather than dedicated one but that ok// I reckon we should start a conversation between the EGO boys ( freddy lol ) and us Husky men hahaha
    Ok
    I went to both demo days.
    Was a no brainer for me, Ego was half the price & twice the power.
    Had them a few years now with pretty much no problems.
    Ive heard plenty of complaints re Husky reliability & lack of power but, non on Ego.
    Next time I see you we can compare but, it might be a little embarrassing for you ...
    There's not much more to say ...........

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Ok
    I went to both demo days.
    Was a no brainer for me, Ego was half the price & twice the power.
    Had them a few years now with pretty much no problems.
    Ive heard plenty of complaints re Husky reliability & lack of power but, non on Ego.
    Next time I see you we can compare but, it might be a little embarrassing for you ...
    There's not much more to say ...........

Cheers Fred.
    As I said to Sterlo tell him his dreaming lol mate my husky would kick your ego Jim’s sponsored wacking machine to the outhouse lol .. husky has come a long way since you seen them

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast