Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EGO Gear

Default Re: EGO Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Hey John, how is all that shindy gear that I sold you going ?
    Hopefully well, I loved it but, its not a patch on the Ego gear I use now.
    Just a matter of picking the right battery gear in the first place .......

Cheers Fred.
    Don't use the Shindy gear. The offsider does the heavy lifting! Handles the commercial stuff with ease (as you would know)

I just tidy/finish up using the Husky gear. Seems to handle that ok, and so do I

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Don't use the Shindy gear. The offsider does the heavy lifting! Handles the commercial stuff with ease (as you would know)

I just tidy/finish up using the Husky gear. Seems to handle that ok, and so do I
    Now we have a Pellenc dealer in Melbourne I will look into some commercial battery gear. Start with a reasonable whippy and eventually changeover my husky gear.

Im happy with my husky 325iLK multi tools. Plenty of power

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    Im happy with my husky 325iLK multi tools. Plenty of power
    I'm happy you are happy with your husky gear. Found 2 people who are happy with them now

OK, my last FS85 died of old age, so I gave in & bought an Ego combi hedge trimmer kit. I had a hedge trimmer on FS85's for 20 years, so this is all new to me.

I usually do one job a day these days, due to me getting older. My hedge trimmer use is between 2-5 hours per day. Like I said, I'm no spring chicken, so the weight of whatever I'm using means a lot to me while I'm working. So the 2.5AH battery can stay on it for now at least.

First impressions are that it's light & quiet. I like that I don't have to use a zip start & I love that I'm not breathing in 2 stroke fumes while I work.

As for power, I'm going to wait a while before I comment too much on that, as I'm not feeling the love for it in that area yet. Maybe that will change with more use though

I'm taking a cheap 2 stroke combi tool with me as well as the Ego at the moment, as a back up if I need it. I've been using that to do the rough stuff, so my nice shiny new Ego stays sharp. But I'm guessing that'll change after I get a few more jobs on the Ego.

When the FS85 died, I also lost my whipper. I don't mow lawns for a living (I do mostly hedges/shrubs/trees), but I do have to mow mine, which obviously isn't going to be hard on a whipper. I'm wondering if anyone could advise me if the $399 Ego combi whipper is any good? Or do I need to buy the carbon fibre attachment? I'm leaning towards the $399 kit, as I'll get another battery & charger with it. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc View Post
    OK, my last FS85 died of old age, so I gave in & bought an Ego combi hedge trimmer kit. I had a hedge trimmer on FS85's for 20 years, so this is all new to me.

I usually do one job a day these days, due to me getting older. My hedge trimmer use is between 2-5 hours per day. Like I said, I'm no spring chicken, so the weight of whatever I'm using means a lot to me while I'm working. So the 2.5AH battery can stay on it for now at least.

First impressions are that it's light & quiet. I like that I don't have to use a zip start & I love that I'm not breathing in 2 stroke fumes while I work.

As for power, I'm going to wait a while before I comment too much on that, as I'm not feeling the love for it in that area yet. Maybe that will change with more use though

I'm taking a cheap 2 stroke combi tool with me as well as the Ego at the moment, as a back up if I need it. I've been using that to do the rough stuff, so my nice shiny new Ego stays sharp. But I'm guessing that'll change after I get a few more jobs on the Ego.

When the FS85 died, I also lost my whipper. I don't mow lawns for a living (I do mostly hedges/shrubs/trees), but I do have to mow mine, which obviously isn't going to be hard on a whipper. I'm wondering if anyone could advise me if the $399 Ego combi whipper is any good? Or do I need to buy the carbon fibre attachment? I'm leaning towards the $399 kit, as I'll get another battery & charger with it. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, go multi snipper, it spins anti clockwise & has plenty of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Yes, go multi snipper, it spins anti clockwise & has plenty of power.
    Thanks for replying Fred! :-)

Yes, I saw that some of the Ego heads spin clockwise & some spin the other way & was wondering about that.

I've bought myself a Stihl KM94 since I posted, as I needed a whipper & wasn't sure about the Ego without recommendations. I already had the Stihl attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc View Post
    Thanks for replying Fred! :-)

Yes, I saw that some of the Ego heads spin clockwise & some spin the other way & was wondering about that.

I've bought myself a Stihl KM94 since I posted, as I needed a whipper & wasn't sure about the Ego without recommendations. I already had the Stihl attachment.
    No worries, yer, there's not much going on in here any more.

I have a question is about the Ego hedge trimmer attachments; I'm looking at buying a 2nd unit. I notice that there are 2 different ones. Has anyone here run the short pole attachment?

If so, what would you say are the pro's & con's of it compared to the standard length pole?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234