Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Electricity

Very Helpful Member

Default Electricity

Just a warning for anyone who is with Globird Energy I received an email listing their new prices I signed up around June this year and after the discount we were on about 13c off peak and 22c peak new pricing has these at after the discount about 20c off peak and 34c peak and daily supply charge has gone from $1.10 to $1.43
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Default Re: Electricity

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Just a warning for anyone who is with Globird Energy I received an email listing their new prices I signed up around June this year and after the discount we were on about 13c off peak and 22c peak new pricing has these at after the discount about 20c off peak and 34c peak and daily supply charge has gone from $1.10 to $1.43
    Ouch!
    I am still perplexed why the daily supply charge (gouge ) varies so much between retailers for the same address when they all purchase the same disribution & metering services from the same poles/wires operator (eg Ausnet in our case).
    Probably the rogues 'charge what they can get away with'.

joe

Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    Ouch!
    I am still perplexed why the daily supply charge (gouge ) varies so much between retailers for the same address when they all purchase the same disribution & metering services from the same poles/wires operator (eg Ausnet in our case).
    Probably the rogues 'charge what they can get away with'.

joe
    They don't even have their own meter readers. All they are is the middle man who bills you through some complex smoke and mirror plan. It is designed to fleece the older generations and the more vulnerable in society who either don't understand the complex plans or just think it was like the old days where there was no choice. They take advantage of peoples trust. Beware of 'on demand tarrifs'.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    They don't even have their own meter readers. All they are is the middle man who bills you through some complex smoke and mirror plan. It is designed to fleece the older generations and the more vulnerable in society who either don't understand the complex plans or just think it was like the old days where there was no choice. They take advantage of peoples trust. Beware of 'on demand tarrifs'.
    Steveo,
    In Vic they dont even have meter readers any more -- we were all forced to pay dearly on a mandated (by govt) rollout of smart meters that were bought some of the highest contracted prices in the world (at the time) --- nice cosy deal.
    Result is that all meters have 10min interval consumption data downloaded regularly (daily?) via a radio link system (similar to mobile phone network) to a centralised database operated by the distributor and then handed onto retailers.
    Apparently as a consumer you can also get access to the 10min interval consumption data ..
    Distributor can also use the link to remotely control your meter -- eg disconnect power!

Joe.

Bait'n'Switch - ACCC frown on this type of behaviour, and a well worded complaint will see them ordered to reimburse customers
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa