Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: School Mowing in Queensland

Default School Mowing in Queensland

Hi
    I have a inquiry to mow at a local school. How often do schools pay in QLD? Every month or 8 weeks or worse?
    Anyone mow for a QLD school? Any thoughts?
    I am thinking it could be a lot of hassel ie mowing before school starts or after school finishes or worse having to mow on a weekend. At the moment I choose if and when I mow on a weekend not sure I want to be in a position where I have to.
    Any thoughts would be good.
    Cheers
    hjl

Default Re: School Mowing in Queensland

I mow a small bush school of 5 acres. I find if the admin at the school is efficient, they pay very quickly. Normally 2-4 weeks after I send the invoice.
    I mostly do mine over the weekend, but could easily do it after school. My kids are all gone by 3.30.

If you have the right gear to do it efficiently, go for it.

I do 2 Catholic schools, a high school and a primary school. The primary school is smaller and I find it easier to do on a weekend with nobody there, but have done it over 2 afternoons once the kids leave. The high school is a lot bigger and there are areas I can do during schools hours that don't impact staff and students but there are a couple of areas that are harder to do while people are there. I generally do those areas on the weekend but could easily do them after hours too.

yeah its tough with the schools I've had one for over 20 years now but i have to do it on saturday...its premium rates and they don't mind because all the work is undertaken without any nuisance to the classrooms. so my weekend is sun monday ..they are great with payment most often a couple of days ( invoiced fortnightly )as in vic the schools have their own accounts payable ..couple of bottles of expensive wine each christmas and all is good....down here in vic i know a lot of contractors that do it through school hours ... i dont mind the saturdays as i get a very very high rate and i dont have to worry about kids ....

Looks like if they get back too me it will be a Saturday job. Thanks for all the feedback.
    Cheers
    hjl

Remember the working with children check

Hi Everyone
    Well I didn't get this job. Maybe the school got a parent to do it or something as they didn't even get me to do a quote.
    Thanks for the help.
    Cheers
    hjl