Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Shiny t226 whippy

Default Shiny t226 whippy

Hi folks.just wondering if anyone has tried the t226?I think it's the replacement for t230,I have the t260 which is good but soon will need replacing and the lighter smaller engine would probably be good enough for regular work,and it's around half the price.my mower repair guy has some Tanaka for similar price but I think the shiny may be more reliable??

Default Re: Shiny t226 whippy

check out Maruyama / Bushranger, still made in Japan, commercial quality.....Tanaka is nothing like it used to be and l suspect the same with Shindy (my last T230 didnt last 12 months)

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

T226 4.7kg 0.69kw
    T230 4.7kg 0.8kw
    Husky 525lst 4.7kg 1kw
    yes the husky is dearer but it's also a lot more power for the same weight, virtually the T260 with the T230 weight
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    T226 4.7kg 0.69kw
    T230 4.7kg 0.8kw
    Husky 525lst 4.7kg 1kw
    yes the husky is dearer but it's also a lot more power for the same weight, virtually the T260 with the T230 weight
    Plus the best anti vibe you can get

T226 4.7kg 0.69kw
    T230 4.7kg 0.8kw
    Husky 525lst 4.7kg 1kw
    Second what Ian says. I have said exactly the same thing to other contractors about the Husky 525's - weight of the T230 with the power of the T260. and the anti vibe is great.

Dedicated straight shaft should give you minimal issues too. I've found there to ber a few niggling issues with the couple design and setup on the Husky's but I put up with them given how good the anti vibe and power to weight is on these units.

Cheers guys!haven't decided yet, must have a look at the husky.not sure if they're worth twice the price as the t 226 but anti vibe would be better for long term...I like the speed feed head,is their tap n go head the same/easy to replace?

Quote Originally Posted by irishjim View Post
    Cheers guys!haven't decided yet, must have a look at the husky.not sure if they're worth twice the price as the t 226 but anti vibe would be better for long term...I like the speed feed head,is their tap n go head the same/easy to replace?
    mate ive got 2 of each..the speed head fits the husssy so no problems there...do like the shindy but love the hussy as well...ive been using shindies for over 30 years so have a great preference there...either is good..

Quote Originally Posted by irishjim View Post
    had 2 husky 525lt whipper snippers dont get more than 2 years use b4
    stuff goes wrong with them

Very Helpful Member

If you are interested in the 525 this might be worth looking at I think they're less than an hour from you so even if it's only to try and get a price match http://allmowers.com.au/product/husq...st-brushcutter
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

If you are interested in the 525 this might be worth looking at I think they're less than an hour from you so even if it's only to try and get a price match http://allmowers.com.au/product/husq...st-brushcutter
    Cheers Ian.their husky is at least $100 cheaper than what I've seen so far..

Ah bugger
    ,I was too slow with the allmowers deal on the husky now they're out of stock and gone up to $640,so I just went to my local dealer and got the new model shindy 262 for the same price with speed feed head.(they only come with bump head now!)anyway it feels a bit more well balanced than my old one,slightly lighter and a lot less vibes..

Very Helpful Member

Yeah price seems to vary quite a bit.listed for 699 on some sites also but I would have had to put speed feed head on it too .anyway no husky dealers in my area so I just bought one locally,be guaranteed my old one would break down next week in xmas rush,even though i have a spare makita 2510 but i prefer that as a pole hedge attachment..