Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Best sunglasses/eye protection- what do you use?

Default Best sunglasses/eye protection- what do you use?

What sunglasses/eyewear do you guys find best to keep line trimmer debris out of your eyes?

I’ve had some eye damage in the past (nothing that affected my vision thankfully), i’ve tried the safety glasses, they have good coverage but fog up really bad and catch almost every drop of sweat. Right now I’m using some Superdry brand sunnies from Specsavers - great as sunglasses but I still get debris up through the bottom.

What to do??

Default Re: Best sunglasses/eye protection- what do you use?

l've settled on "Bulldog by Cordova" safety glasses, they dont fog up on me like most do....l get them in bulk from US ebay @ about $3.20 a pair

l also recently bought a face shield/ear muff combo for ferals https://www.allmowerspares.com.au/ge...-66-53-58.html

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Not sure if these are the ones I'm currently using but they look very similar http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SGA-Cobra...AAAOSw~OdVgB3D I find them comfortable and don't seem to fog up also think they might be the same as the ones redeye gets just different branding
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

yep, thats them....good price too

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Cheers guys.

Do you both find the comfort ok? Another reason I went away from safety glasses was that they got so uncomfortable by about half way through the day... I guess maybe I'll have to keep swapping the sunnies for driving and safety glasses for each job.

keep in mind that sunnies have no designed impact resistance - a big enough object could see your eye full of broken glass

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

I find them very comfortable and I wear mine all the time,I usually put them on before I start driving in the morning and don't take them off until I get home again I also have a pair in the wife's car just as sunnies,I also have a yellow pair which I will wear in winter in the late afternoon as these can extend the working time it's amazing how much darker it is when you take them off and a clear pair for when I'm working in the shed and the tinted ones are to dark but it is up to the individual my wife doesn't find these as comfortable as me and wears another type ( bought on clearance at Bunnings so I can't remember what they are )
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I should order some and try...

Most glasses and sunglasses these days are made from polycarbonate with a special material to correct the lens for prescriptions, they would be almost impossible to break but still they're not exactly safety glasses.

Agree on the yellow tinted glasses - have a pair with me always, must have for rainy/overcast or dark conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    I should order some and try...

Most glasses and sunglasses these days are made from polycarbonate with a special material to correct the lens for prescriptions, they would be almost impossible to break but still they're not exactly safety glasses.

Agree on the yellow tinted glasses - have a pair with me always, must have for rainy/overcast or dark conditions.
    Been wearing Tac glasses last 6 months last well and dont fog

Have actually been using a pair of safety glasses I had in the work rig with me all this time. Haha. Pretty sure I picked them up at Safety Quip here is Brisbane, they are great, full wrap around and don't seem to fog up too much. Pretty comfy as well. They're not as good to look through as good sunglasses but that's always the compromise I guess.

I'm using Bolle Voodoo polorised safety glasses. Very comfortable and also good for back up sunnies.