Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right section but here goes.

About 3 years ago i pulled in to do a job in a local industrial estate. A ute pulled up in front of me. i got out and begun getting the mower off. A bloke got out of the ute and said words to the effect of 'i know what your game is, yeah.' I had no idea what he was referring to and he just kept hovering with a menacing smile, muttered a few words and disappeared through a gate of a high fenced property.

I've continued doing the properties regularly without any issues and the whole incident had gone to my subconcious i guess.

Anyway on Wednesday i was mowing a domestic nature strip when a guy appeared and asked if i could do a job for him in a local industrial estate. When he gave me the address, i said sure i do one in that very street. I could drive by and phone him back.

I went to quote and realised the property was the one the guy 3 years ago had disappeared into. I couldn't remember what the first bloke looked like and the bloke asking for the quote seemed very reasonable and level headed.

When i phoned him and told him that it would be $45 he said 'nah, nah that's too much the other guy used to do it for $40. You're a f***** ripoff.' I terminated the call and blocked his number. He phoned straight back from a different phone and left a message saying in a very measured way "i remember now...we had a run in a few years ago; well let me tell you, you low life dog, if anything happens to my property over the next 10 years i'm holding you and anyone else that wants to get involved responsible, yeah." Unfortunately i instantly deleted the message.

That afternoon i got a private call which played his id recording 'it's Paul". Have also had a few jumbled optus recordings on mobile and landline each day.

Sorry i know that's long winded but i just had to get it down. It's causing me quite a bit of anxiety. I've come across the odd ranter before but this guy was something quite different. I'm seriously considering dropping my 2 clients in the industrial estate as it's not the sort of place you want to be if another confrontation occurs.

My wife says i should go to the police but i think it would be a waste of time. I've got his phone number and i think he may live in the industrial area.