Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: What hourly Rate are contractors getting on the Sunshine Coast Queensland.

Aussie What hourly Rate are contractors getting on the Sunshine Coast Queensland.

I can not seem to get much more then $45 per hour

Default Re: What hourly Rate are contractors getting on the Sunshine Coast Queensland.

Thats about average lately for us as well. I see atleast 2-3 new contractors with their brand new trailers and equipment and the Oldies running out the back of station wagons starting up around here every week, drives our quotes down so much. Im in the Moreton Shire, and finding it really hard to even win a quote with the amount lowballers out there,
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Default Re: What hourly Rate are contractors getting on the Sunshine Coast Queensland.

Thank you for reply DjK Grounds yes I agree

Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    Thats about average lately for us as well. I see atleast 2-3 new contractors with their brand new trailers and equipment and the Oldies running out the back of station wagons starting up around here every week, drives our quotes down so much. Im in the Moreton Shire, and finding it really hard to even win a quote with the amount lowballers out there,
    that makes it hard for sure . i see lots down here in Melbourne too and they charge real cheap..ive lost a couple of quotes to jims who also go as low as 45 per hour..thats 1990 's rates ... we are getting dry here so a drought is what we need to get these low ballers to move on...trouble is when it rains out they come as they have other income like the dole or as u mentioned the oldies pensions ( sh1t i am old 65 next year lol )

Very Helpful Member

you would have been entitled to the pension if Labor hadn't changed it so what is it another year before you can start under cutting us
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    you would have been entitled to the pension if Labor hadn't changed it so what is it another year before you can start under cutting us
    i know have to be 67 i believe oh well cant wait to undercut you young contractors lol ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tame My Garden View Post
    I can not seem to get much more then $45 per hour
    Sell yourself
    Think why you do the job better and sell it
    Eg always on time, reliable, clean and tidy appearance, do other services not just mowing ect ect then let people know who you are and why you do it better than bob...
    These guys are only in it for a quick buck so you need to raise your buck and tell your future clients why it’s more for more ..
    If you turn up grubby, cut corners, leave grass on the road, etc people are always watching and you’ll always only be what your worth
    Once the word gets out that your in it to do a quality service for them the $$ will follow
    Don’t be like bob
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Very Helpful Member

Also never work by the hour or tell the client how much per hour you want to earn.
    I don't think anyone wants to pay me $100p/h but people will pay $50 for a lawn that takes 1/2 an hour to mow or $40 for a lawn that takes less than 20 minutes.
    Just recently I did a garden cleanup/tidy quoted $260 I was finished in about 2hrs a smallish hedge quoted $100 finished in under 1 hour I doubt I would have got either of these jobs if I had said they were looking at $90-$100p/h
    One of the few times I have given a client an hourly rate was a few years ago when a long time ( read under priced )lawn mowing client asked how much and I said $60p/h, I turned up to do the lawns 2 weeks later and they had someone else doing the gardening I found out he had quoted $45 I also found out he had quoted $10 more than me to mow the lawns 2 months later they were dropped
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    i know have to be 67 i believe oh well cant wait to undercut you young contractors lol ....
    Its like you go to bed one night and your 25, not a care in the world, then ya wake up and your suddenly 50 or 60 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Its like you go to bed one night and your 25, not a care in the world, then ya wake up and your suddenly 50 or 60 or whatever.
    l hated waking up that morning!!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69