Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glyphosate

Very Helpful Member

Default Glyphosate

Bought some glyphosate 360 at Aldi reduced to clear 1Lt $2.99 so maybe worth checking a store near you, skip Scoresby as someone bought them out
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Default Re: Glyphosate

Wow cheers for the heads up!

Very Helpful Member

Sorry Conrad probably to late now , they were on clearance and this week they had a different shaped bottle advertised at $12.99
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

Anyone near Bunnings Boxhill (Middleborough rd ) today I bought some Defender Glyphosate 360 1 litre it was reduced to clear $3.00 it was on a floor stack in the herbicide aisle about 40 bottles left it may also be worth keeping an eye out at your local store

The newly discovered natural molecule could be as effective as Roundup but potentially safe and non-toxic to humans and animals
    https://newatlas.com/natural-sugar-h...phosate/58331/

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Anyone near Bunnings Boxhill (Middleborough rd ) today I bought some Defender Glyphosate 360 1 litre it was reduced to clear $3.00 it was on a floor stack in the herbicide aisle about 40 bottles left it may also be worth keeping an eye out at your local store
    Damn not on sale near me yet... apparently up to each store but seems to be discontinued

My aldi didn't have any last time you mentioned it either!

Interested if you come across more in bulk that might be worth travelling for

Rural supply joints having their EFY sales may sell 360/450 for $100-$109 20ltr. They do in my area within the last week of June.

Somewhat off ian's original post topic, but I logged in actually to provide more reading re this link that's within this online paper Sunday 02/06/19

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...ars/ar-AACfeDV
    Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

I love the way these articles always like to cite something along the lines of
    "Four years ago, the World Health Organisation’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) declared glyphosate "probably carcinogenic to humans" but don't mention that red meat is also listed in the same class nor that Processed meat is classified as carcinogenic to humans (Group 1). Tobacco smoking and asbestos are also both classified as carcinogenic to humans (Group 1). Note also that a lot of the chemicals used by hair dressers are listed as either probable or do cause cancer in humans

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I love the way these articles always like to cite something along the lines of
    "Four years ago, the World Health Organisation’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) declared glyphosate "probably carcinogenic to humans" but don't mention that red meat is also listed in the same class nor that Processed meat is classified as carcinogenic to humans (Group 1). Tobacco smoking and asbestos are also both classified as carcinogenic to humans (Group 1). Note also that a lot of the chemicals used by hair dressers are listed as either probable or do cause cancer in humans
    yep

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post

I feel the conga line building at the 'no win - no fee' lawyers already ........

3/June/19
    Another read in the Canberra Age for those who are able to open and read the link.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...ncer/?cs=14231

I’ll be retired from this game before I need to buy a quick start Silvan battery powered steam wand sprayer. Will have to keep a 20 ltr drum of weed killer for my own personal use before they ban the product me thinks in time. With Council OH&S staff obligations in this PC social media driven society, that time could be closer than we think.

To think as a kid my dad used to come home from work from the Phosphate plant in Yarraville with his car covered in phosphate chemical dust and his clothing. We used to finger write, wash car dad on the duco. Used to take us to his office on saturdays and the environment and office was covered in chemical dust. Different times they were.
    Cheers Garry

Folks, you may like to read today's Melb Age 4-06-19 for a very localised story on topic. Haven't posted online link as many may not be able to open it, although it opened for me and I don't subscribe.

Edit; here's the link,,, https://www.theage.com.au/national/f...03-p51u1a.html
    Cheers Garry

The conga line === "me too" has started with Carbone lawyers (no win -no fee type) lodging first claim on behalf of client in Victorian Supreme Court ......

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    The big problem we will have with banning glyphosate is finding something capable of replacing it to do the job as efficiently that it does. It just means more work for the contractors and more costs for the client.
    It is a chemical and should be treated as such - we all probably get a bit slack though. It could be good thing if it is proven to be unsafe to use.

Saying that above if it does get banned it will give companies the encouragement to find something safe with a hugeready made market WAITING!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast