Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glyphosate

Default Re: Glyphosate

.i dont know if glysphorate is as what they say , several university professor said today time and time again test has proven no affect on humans unless you drank the stuff ..who knows ...a lot of my clients including schools are asking me not to use its already so that's why i buy the 20 litre drums of slasher and they pay for the cost...Slasher a plant based product is 30 of bucks a litre and has an application mix of 70mm to a litre so 7 times round up ( basic ) is dearer ...I sell a lot of spraying product time using slasher as the customer with animals and kids are comfortable with this product..its not as good but follow up applications will get the job done...the customer dictates what they want and after todays news there will be a push back for a lot of people again using round up...Ive jump the gun a couple of years ago using slasher and my customers are happy withy including my schools ...I came from a farm using more potent chemicals like 2 4 5t and as a kid was drenched in the stuff..probably why i have 6 fingers lol ...reckon adapt to the change now and get in whilst others are saying she will be right mate..

glyphosate1.jpgglyphosate2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    I feel the conga line building at the 'no win - no fee' lawyers already ........
    These have already started turning up on my computer.

Cheers Fred.

Those ads are from a law firm.
    No matter whether a client wins or loses in court... the lawyers ALWAYS win....

The way I see it...going after Monsanto for damages from Roundup is like going after car manufacturers after an accident instead of irresponsible drivers.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Hows the new business going David

l'm yet to see any credible, science backed evidence against glypho....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I'm still waiting to find them on sale

I did some spraying this morning at a school. Due to the concerns re Glyphosate, we've decided to spray around the buildings & play areas with Slasher and places further away, we spray with glypho. Spray during the holidays to reduce kiddies exposure as much as possible.

I used 60 litres of Slasher mix at a chemical cost of $71.40. Used 90 litres of Glyphosate mix at a chemical cost of $2.97.

Then I went & sprayed the lawn areas around the buildings with KambaM for broadleaf.

Can't help but wonder how much testing has been done on Kamba or Slasher to determine their safety. Probably heaps, but I'd bet that Glypho has had much more extensive testing.

As an aside, I went back & sprayed the broadleaf just over an hour after spraying the edges with Slasher and the clover/thistles on the edges were already wilting.

l'd rather gargle with glypho than Kamba......

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

From a health and safety point of view I think I would prefer to drink Glypho than Slasher note it also tastes better
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    I'm still waiting to find them on sale
    Keep an eye out when you go into Bunnings, Vermont yesterday had marked 2 varieties of Glypho 1Lt down to something in the $6.50 range ( on a pallet in the middle cross aisle ) they will probably mark it down again if it doesn't sell fast enough.Note the cheapest I saw in Scoresby is around $9.50
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    From a health and safety point of view I think I would prefer to drink Glypho than Slasher note it also tastes better
    Are you saying you've never gone past a geranium/pelargonium & thought "yum yum... I might grab a handful to chew on while I mow the lawn"

Very Helpful Member

also a tip if anyone wants to buy Slasher but a smaller amount I took a photo of the bottle and the price (about $85.00) at Plantmark then asked Bunnings for a price match which they did so I paid $73 something for the 5 Lt bottle

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Keep an eye out when you go into Bunnings, Vermont yesterday had marked 2 varieties of Glypho 1Lt down to something in the $6.50 range ( on a pallet in the middle cross aisle ) they will probably mark it down again if it doesn't sell fast enough.Note the cheapest I saw in Scoresby is around $9.50
    My bunnings dropped the defender brand a dollar to 6.50 but still no $3 sales yet haha

Although there's a heap of stock on the top shelf so hopefully I'll snap it all up for $2 each after a few more glypho scare stories on tv

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast