Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: concrete egdeing

Hybrid View

raemac1

Default concrete egdeing

hi everyone just wondering if anyone knows much about this kwikkerb egdeing business i've got the bloke sending me some info i was just toying with the idea of maybe joining this to my business i think they would go good together but the lay out fee wait for it!! $80.000 thats right $80k the bloke told me what you get and i think its a bit rich think he's makeing $70k profit
    you get

* trailer with enclosed lockable box big enough for all tools
    * cement mixer
    * egde prep machine
    * cement egde machine
    * trowels
    * shovels
    * rakes
    the list goes on all with one weeks training what a load of s#@t
    the to machines and the trowles that go with the machine would be
    under $2000.00 at least thats my guess does anybody know of anyone who does this or what the machines cost would loved to know the bloke also said you can make up to $1500.00 to $2500.00 a day at $25.00 to $35.00 a meter thats not including prep work and then minus out ya cost for materials sand and stone and cement this is only if ya get the work to me i think its a bit rich but i'll wait for all the info he said its not a franchise because when you purcase the equipment its yours you dont pay frachise fees there must be a but at the end .

rossco
    p.s let us know if anyone has herd of this

Default Re: concrete egdeing

Been around for years same ole same ole promise this promise that give you nothing

Very Helpful Member

sounds to me like they have added ten years of fees into the original price

raemac1

hi guys
    found out the price of the edger $7500.00 I'll just stick to lawns and garden's

Very Helpful Member

so it looks like i was wrong and its 20 years of fees

Five years ago i look into kwik kerb,they were at Jeff's shed and it was at a franchise weekend promotion. Your cost was only $38,000 for a trailor full of all the equipment which had to come from brisbane. But before you get that far you had to spend 2 week's in brisbane for training at your cost. They give you advertising support for 1 month and then your on your own. A lot of work so far no guarantee of income.So in 5 years the equipment & 1 weeks training at double the price.

Very Helpful Member

the power of marketing and the stupidity of some people is amazing
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Yes Ian you are 100% correct but it always takes someone in management of these company's like Kwik Kerb to make a decision to set up the 'Opportunity' and make it look attractive to the inexperienced
    makes me sick that so many people get 'sold' on these bad value for money and low success rate business opportunities
    I wonder just how many of these kwik kerb buyers end up loosing money - a lot of money
    I see Used Kwik Kerb units advertised for under $10,000!
    When I talked to them it was all pressure selling
    Angus

My Dad had the very first concrete-edging business here back in the early 80s. He owned his business outright after spending a couple of grand buying the machine and various edge-moulds.