Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stihl BR800 Re Designed New Blower

Default Stihl BR800 Re Designed New Blower

I have read a fair amount of info on the 2 variants of this new blower already on sale in USA for past 4 months.
    A complete redesign unit.
    low down side pull start low compression easy start when the blower is on your the back, great when customers stop you,
    Much larger fuel tank,
    Air speed of 600 and volume of 700 in one mega powerful blower at 80cc.
    One of the variants weights 0.1kg less than the BR700.
    The reviews are just outstanding on new features and raw power.

Does any know or heard off when it's release will be across Australia.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Stihl BR800 Re Designed New Blower

usually they released new products in Sept

Thanks - Correct, went back through MYOB files and found the now deceased BR700 as of yesterday that I've got, was purchased early Oct 17. With the purchase being amongst first in Au to get it upon release.
    Cant wait that long so need to buy another B/Pack blower "Like Now". Think I'll go the same with a new tack on fuel mixture process slightly more richer above what I was already doing. Going the same gives me lots of spare parts provided the 4 mix motor can out last them.

Plus last Friday's a routine service on the low km Hilux finds a diff rebuild is required ASAP due Pinion Bearings stuffed. But Mr Toyota said it's all good mate we will cover it.
    So its only a new backpack, but things come in 3's don't they.

Here one review of many by some US lawnies/trade peoples

New BR800 vs BR700

Comment by viewers of the review talk about the BR 800 pushing the leaves faster by a margin in the side by side comparison being more important than the foot extra the leaves got pushed.
    Cheers Garry

Stihl Dealer knew nothing about the BR 800,
    So for $969 I've another new BR700 in my rig today. Not sure how long my previous BR 700 will run for since I pulled it apart re assembled with internal lubrication applied. Along with richer fuel mix till it dies, cant operate without it.
    Plus know there's little difference in power and the side pull on the BR800 my not be as long lasting as the current set up.

For anyone who can wait till end of September or early October the BR 800 looks quite good and maybe some sharper deals on the BR700 to be had then.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Not sure how long my previous BR 700 will run for since I pulled it apart re assembled with internal lubrication applied. Along with richer fuel mix till it dies, cant operate without it.
    how long are you getting out of the Stihl backpack, the 4 mix setup and problems they had steared me to a 2 stroke, my Husqy is 5 years and still going great,

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    how long are you getting out of the Stihl backpack, the 4 mix setup and problems they had steared me to a 2 stroke, my Husqy is 5 years and still going great,
    Hi Macka,

I've got both.

Stihl BR600 - Probably the most powerful out of the lot, however slightly heavier, the only issue I've had is the mounting frame needed replacing as it disintegrated.
    Stihl SH86
    Husky equivalent - Quieter, however heavier and IMO not as strong
    Husky equivalent of BR200 - Great for smaller jobs, quiet, light and easy to start.

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Stihl Dealer knew nothing about the BR 800,
    So for $969 I've another new BR700 in my rig today. Not sure how long my previous BR 700 will run for since I pulled it apart re assembled with internal lubrication applied. Along with richer fuel mix till it dies, cant operate without it.
    Plus know there's little difference in power and the side pull on the BR800 my not be as long lasting as the current set up.

For anyone who can wait till end of September or early October the BR 800 looks quite good and maybe some sharper deals on the BR700 to be had then.
    Apparently br800 out next month now

Curious to how you operate yours and what oil etc you use, run at full revs, servicing etc

My br700 was purchased November 2016 and it still runs like new
    I don't warm it up and haven't even serviced it lol ... I adjusted valves and once looked in air filter but it wasn't that bad so just left it ever since lol
    I use the cheap Stihl oil and don't add extra over 50:1
    And it's been used day in and out since new
    If I flip choke quick enough it starts first pull almost every time too

Only thing I hate about it is the stupid waist belt strap thing.... just gets in the way... i tied it back so it's not as annoying

Chris B,

Run mine on synthetic oil.
    Valves don't really need much attention unless noisy, but that's rare.
    My first BR600 i did the valve adjustment but really did it for fun/experience.
    Mostly run flat out and use mine daily and on some quite lge jobs, one job I do is 0.5k long and I also blow clean a low traffic service road and council areas in that job. (have permission for that). So its gets a work out.

It's for these big jobs the waist & chest belt you really need and at least a chest harness if one has the BR600.
    Its fires up second pull cold or first sometimes. Runs the same in 8deg or in 43deg in our brutal inland summer.
    Air filter only needs to cleaned by air gunned when ever one remembers it even has one.
    Sits on the back seat in the dual cab nicely amongst the 2 Husky Battery hedgers and causes no fights.

The 1st first one which I destroyed was due to a brain fade in the heat of summer on that mentioned mega job.
    2nd one now a BR700 i was being so careful with fuel/mixes and which Jerry can I grabbed. But I must have been just under 50:1 and the rest is history.
    I love them so much I remained loyal for the 3rd, I won't go Husky B/Pack due to bulk n weight. Plus I've heaps of spare parts on hand now.

So now on 3rd Br purchased (Good for Tax), now I'm paranoid with the fuel mix, Reckon I do 45:1 and a squirt of Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant Fuel Conditioner. As I use that in the M/Bike, Hilux, Yaris & both Yamaha boat engines.
    I don't make top up fuel mixes in semi or 1/3 full containers anymore I run 2 X 2Stroke containers to ensure the batch being mixed is within an empty container to start with.

Believe me, it doesn't take much, just one wrongly prepared batch of 50:1 mix.
    Local Stihl dealer even agreed a smart idea to lower the ratio a smidge.

I call it my V8 Blower.
    Cheers Garry

I must have misread .. for some reason I thought yours just seized during normal use.
    Well you'll be on number 4 next month as you won't be able to work with the 700 knowing the 800 is out

Btw we should have a thread here or maybe private section about what everyone pays for their machines as I paid 850 for mine and either 800 or 825 for one before that

Nah, re the second BR I was kinda mixing a batch of 50:1 in 5 ltr jerry and spilt some oil, but put a dob extra in the mix to compensate. I though it was OK, but obviously not. Run a little under 50:1 in error and you will ruin it very quickly.

Been on the side by side reviews from US lawnies with the BR700/800 and I'm not totally sold on the longevity of the side pull extension device from what they said and what I saw too. The power gain may also be not enough to be worried about in real usage.
    Also the extension thing may catch on things when one's using it and rotating about in movement. But I don't know as I've seen one.

Don't jinks me further, happy to stay on the 3rd as I'm nervous everytime I do a mix and like shake the jerry for what seems like 30minutes.

Battled to get the price I paid too as I'm a Husky tooled operator and they don't look after me in terms of price. But when the 800 comes out the 700 will be more open to a haggle, but your already getting a haggled price.

PS, wrong thread but Husky Battery Multi tools should be in the Spring Catalogue.
    Cheers Garry

Yeah I'm not really a fan of those spring assisted or ratchet style starters... i much prefer standard style... hopefully they bring out the light version but I'm pretty sure they will only bring the side start model.

The way that they advertise it , you'd think that every time you started the blower someone came to talk to you in reality it rarely happens to me and if so I'm lucky enough to just be able to reach and grab the starter anyway

I do think any power gain is welcome with backpack blowers though... and the 700 could do with more air speed

Whenever you need to buy another Stihl product I'll send you a receipt to price match as I've pretty much got the whole Stihl catalogue haha

Stihl don't like disclosing max RPM or the comfortable max range, may pay to put a rev counter on it. I've one of those USA Wi Fi type hold near plug area and instant readout gadget.

Also now that I'm running in the 45:1 range one needs to ensure the spark arrester mesh is not clogging. That night be a job this arvo for me to check, I've the wood fire going in the shed and a coldie on hand so happy days.
    Cheers Garry

A while ago, my dealer advised me to run more oil than 50:1 in my 2 strokes, especially in summer. I was a bit dubious at the start as I'd run 50:1 for years with no problems.
    But I took their advice anyway and now mix 120ml to 5 litres. They don't seem to smoke any more & haven't needed more maintenance on the spark arrestors.

Ed,

With my BR being rather new April 2019.
    Was surprised the amount of carbon puffs that blew out from the muffler exhaust. I was using a higher end 145PSi 320Lm air flow air comp. Also gunned out the air filter and yep there was a coating of light dust in that. Then with thinner, cleaned the V8 beast up a little. Cost me one coldie to complete task. The little jobs in ones mind, but never you get around to doing usually.

Be working on the back up 216 tomorrow, that might cost me 2 coldies as I want to dremel one 360deg loop of the cable clutch spring amongst the tasks at hand.
    Cheers Garry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast