Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stihl BR800 Re Designed New Blower

Default Re: Stihl BR800 Re Designed New Blower

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    A while ago, my dealer advised me to run more oil than 50:1 in my 2 strokes, especially in summer. I was a bit dubious at the start as I'd run 50:1 for years with no problems.
    But I took their advice anyway and now mix 120ml to 5 litres. They don't seem to smoke any more & haven't needed more maintenance on the spark arrestors.
    definitely - been running all my 2 stroke at 40-45:1 for over 20 years, not one single issue....any old school mechanic who knows his salt will tell you to do it

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    definitely - been running all my 2 stroke at 40-45:1 for over 20 years, not one single issue....any old school mechanic who knows his salt will tell you to do it
    I run Opti 2in all my 2 stroke. Have done since about 2010. Use a fraction more than 10m/litre. If in doubt I use more rather than less.

Checked some exhaust ports on my whippies with about yrs use and no problems at all. With cheap 2 stroke oil they would begetting blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Chris B,

Run mine on synthetic oil.
    Valves don't really need much attention unless noisy, but that's rare.
    My first BR600 i did the valve adjustment but really did it for fun/experience.
    Mostly run flat out and use mine daily and on some quite lge jobs, one job I do is 0.5k long and I also blow clean a low traffic service road and council areas in that job. (have permission for that). So its gets a work out.

It's for these big jobs the waist & chest belt you really need and at least a chest harness if one has the BR600.
    Its fires up second pull cold or first sometimes. Runs the same in 8deg or in 43deg in our brutal inland summer.
    Air filter only needs to cleaned by air gunned when ever one remembers it even has one.
    Sits on the back seat in the dual cab nicely amongst the 2 Husky Battery hedgers and causes no fights.

The 1st first one which I destroyed was due to a brain fade in the heat of summer on that mentioned mega job.
    2nd one now a BR700 i was being so careful with fuel/mixes and which Jerry can I grabbed. But I must have been just under 50:1 and the rest is history.
    I love them so much I remained loyal for the 3rd, I won't go Husky B/Pack due to bulk n weight. Plus I've heaps of spare parts on hand now.

So now on 3rd Br purchased (Good for Tax), now I'm paranoid with the fuel mix, Reckon I do 45:1 and a squirt of Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant Fuel Conditioner. As I use that in the M/Bike, Hilux, Yaris & both Yamaha boat engines.
    I don't make top up fuel mixes in semi or 1/3 full containers anymore I run 2 X 2Stroke containers to ensure the batch being mixed is within an empty container to start with.

Believe me, it doesn't take much, just one wrongly prepared batch of 50:1 mix.
    Local Stihl dealer even agreed a smart idea to lower the ratio a smidge.

I call it my V8 Blower.
    I have 3 Shindy backpacks. EB 802 purchased in 2010 and is still going strong. Used it as the onlY BP until 2015. When we use them they are often going full throttle for 30-60 mins.
    Clean air filters, fuel filters, breather tube and good quality oil seems to keep them going.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    I have 3 Shindy backpacks. EB 802 purchased in 2010 and is still going strong. Used it as the onlY BP until 2015. When we use them they are often going full throttle for 30-60 mins.
    Clean air filters, fuel filters, breather tube and good quality oil seems to keep them going.
    like you john I've a shindy back pack since well before 2010 and still going strong.....weekly i blow down school pavements , Tabaret carparks .even so tough my offsider year's ago put straight fuel and ran it when started playing up , stopped and realised ,so refuelled with mix and to this day good as gold ..1 or 2 start..us old beggars John were lucky to have good equipment avavible back in the day..I too run opti but have always used 50 to one

Cheers Garry

Too heavy with the battery

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Bought the shindy EB 802 when it was first available.
    Remember the first time I used it on a garden make-over I was standing on a moss rock and the blower spun me round 360 degrees.
    The blower will run all day every day.
    Run the Opti-2 + weekly maintenance.
    Had a mate work on manifolds/ports and gained an extra 12cc.(No Batteries Required.)
    Would have to be one of best pieces of power equipment I've ever owned.
    Cheers Astro.

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    Too heavy with the battery
    At 6.3Kg for the piece that you carry in your hand it's to heavy even without the battery not to mention it's only equivalent to a 50cc backpack in power
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

It really can't be that under powered for a backpack blower, can it ?
    On air volume figures (the figures that count), its more than 25% down on my hand held Ego.
    If you need a big powerful backpack blower, petrol is still the only option.

Cheers Fred.

The Husky battery blower I was referring to.

Yeah if you're gonna bother putting something on your back it's gotta be powerful

Getting a bit of topic with Husky in a Stihl thread but its keeping the forum alive in Winter, Checkout how Skinny the Noozle is.....

Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

Husky 550ibtx back pack velocity 195 kph volume 12.8 m³/min can't find a price but i would guess blower + battery at least $1600
    Hitachi RB24EAP hand held velocity 272kph volume 12.6 m³/min last one I bought cost me $157
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    At 6.3Kg for the piece that you carry in your hand it's to heavy even without the battery not to mention it's only equivalent to a 50cc backpack in power
    why you need to carry in your hand. it's a backpack blower.
    but 6.3kg for backpack not heavy until you put the battery

Very Helpful Member

I looked at the wrong picture still very under powered and over priced but could be good for noise sensitive area,just need to remember to charge for the cost of the equipment and extra time taken compared to a higher powered petrol powered machine

Sounds great!!

What does it go like without the battery?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast